Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:23:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Lebron James Vs. Dwayne Wade
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lebron James Vs. Dwayne Wade  (Read 3209 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« on: August 09, 2006, 01:26:48 AM »

Who's the bigger star?  When looking back 20 years after they've finished their careers, who will have accomplished more?  Who is your favourite?

Lebron has loads of hype surrounding him and he's younger than Wade.  He almost managed to take the Cavs to the Eastern Finals by winning 3 games against the Detroit Pistons.  He is also the only legit star player on Cleveland.  Wade on the other hand has just picked up an NBA championship, his jerseys are flying off the shelf, his name is getting more and more known to the public and the Heat are certainly in a position to repeat as the NBA champions.  However, he has Shaq in his corner... and vets like Payton... and a coach like Pat Riley.

I read somewhere that greatness is measured in championships.  There is no doubt Lebron has huge personal accomplishments so far, but Wade is the one with a championship ring.....

Huh
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 01:30:52 AM »

This is an absolute toss up.

Many Say Wade had a better team which is true, but Lebron's game is totally different than Wades.

I think Wade is a more dominant offensive player, more dominant at taking games over and has a stronger will to win than Lebron.

Lebron is a better skilled all around player but Miami Dont beat Dallas with Lebron simply cause Wade absolutely torched us.

Lebron will be the bigger star but Wade is more like Micheal Jordan whereas Lebron is more like Magic Johnson.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 08:51:56 AM »

i'm a heat fan myself. and i think as long as shaq plays there they will be more succesful then cleveland.. but in maybe 5 years when shaq prolly has retired i think lebron will be in his prime and show that he's the most talented basketball player since Jordan. this will maybe happen sooner then 5 years since shaq has a lot of problems with injuries..
individually lebron is the best of the 2 and mayeb in the whole NBA.. what i would like to see is a better player in cleveland that can help lebron the way shaq is helping wade and wade is helping shaq.. you know that kind of a duo great teams have always had.. shaq-kobe, pippen-jordan, magic-abdul-jabbar, duncan-robinson, shaq-wade.. the list can go on forever.. wade and lebron would be interresting in a team and maybe could bring out the best from each other
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 10:12:20 PM »

From what I've seen, which isn't much since I like college basketball alot more, Lebron is the guy I'd want on my team.  Wade's amazing, don't get me wrong, but Lebron's just a freak of nature...in a good way. 

My personal favorite of that class though is Carmelo Anthony.  I'm a huge Syracuse fan...so my heart's with 'melo.  peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 04:33:25 AM »

Kobe Bryan? Tongue

That's a hard one. Even before Lebron joined the league, we were all sorta expected he was gonna take over as the best player from this generation, so I'm not really that surprised by his accomplishments so far. He is a great player, one of the best and sure he's got a great future ahead. I don't think he'll be near close to what MJ accomplished as a player and as a team member, but he sure has lot's of potential.

Wade has blown me away though. When he joined the league 4 years ago, he was a very good player but I didn't think for one second he was gonna be within the league top 5 stars. He sure is one of the best players today. Clutch player like Mike, with leadership skills to make his team better. Sure he's got better teammates than Lebron, but Shaq ain't what it used to be. The guys is 34 and has spent half of his time in Miami injured. Payton and Williams do contribute to some stage (specially Williams) but it's not like the Heat have a super team. To be quite honest, I think Alonzo Morning will contribute way more than Shaq if they gave him more minutes. The guy averages 3 blocks in 15 mins per game.

Anyway, both are great players with a bright future ahead. But don't forget Kobe. He is only 28. If the league doesn't give him the MVP award soon I won't watch another single NBA game!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 05:32:49 PM »

Lebron is a better overall player.  He's the best player on his team in all aspects of the game.  Wade is also great at many aspects of the game, but he's not as complete as Lebron.  If Lebron played with Shaq he'd have won a championship by now also.  I think they're both amazing talents and like to watch both of them play.  20 years from now they'll both have won multiple championships and MVPs.  Its awesome as a basketball fan to have two young players as great as those two.  It gives me a lot of good basketball watch for years to come.  The only downside in they both play in the Eastern Conference and my Pacers have to deal with both of them quite frequently.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 03:28:24 AM »

What is with Shaq really? He sure was the most dominant force in the late 90's, early 00's, but since 2002, Shaq has not been what he used to be. Yes, he's been injured, but if you look at the guy's stats over the last 3 years you'll see what I'm saying.

The Heat wont the title cause of Wade, Payton, Williams...and an amazing Alonzo Mourning. He looked like a 25 years old there...I wish they'd given him more mins last season. He'd averaged 6 blocks per game!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 04:24:40 AM »

The Heat wont the title cause of Wade, Payton, Williams...and an amazing Alonzo Mourning. He looked like a 25 years old there...I wish they'd given him more mins last season. He'd averaged 6 blocks per game!

Oh shove it with that Alonzo Mourning garbage... He's a whiny punk!  I wanted any team to win but the Heat just so Mourning wouldn't get the title.

That's what's so great about Bosh, not only is he an awesome talent, but he's a reliable, all around good person too.   Tongue

I wonder where else Wade and James will end up playing in their careers... I just can't picture Cleveland winning a championship.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 04:59:13 PM »

Agreed, Eazy E, on Mourning.  That guy quit on two teams before he decided he was gonna play hard again with the Heat.  Payton and Williams certainly played a part in winning the title, but if it wasn't for Shaq this team would not be champs.  He's still the most dominant force in the league, and makes things much easier for Dwayne Wade.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: