Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:53:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Will Velvet Revolver make a second album
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Velvet Revolver make a second album  (Read 19480 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2004, 01:57:06 PM »

contraband is cool, not the the album i enjoy the most, but that's personal. i am actually quite anxious to see the bands direction... it's always cool to see how they'll turn out.
and by the 2nd cd i hope they won't be labelled as the Supergroug or Ex-gnr's band...
they gotta move foward.

Chinese Democracy!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2004, 02:01:30 AM »

i think the 2nd album will be about like the first

slash admits he doesnt like to work that hard and is lazy, so i think they will quickly record another rock record bout like contraband

im not sure scott has the ability to be "deep" at least not like axl so i dont think they will go the deeper/epic route

they will stay a rock band and release bout the same quality of stuff.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
darkmonth
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2004, 11:29:20 AM »

slash admits he doesnt like to work that hard and is lazy

I'm sorry???  Lazy??? Slash??? LOL.  Now that's funny.  Slash is one of the least lazy people in music today!!!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2004, 11:46:31 AM »

slash admits he doesnt like to work that hard and is lazy, so i think they will quickly record another rock record bout like contraband

Huh Huh Huh

You going to back this up?
im not sure scott has the ability to be "deep" at least not like axl so i dont think they will go the deeper/epic route

Again, care to explain what makes one "deeper" than the other?  Id also like to point out that epic and deep are hardly synonymous...

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2004, 12:00:56 PM »

Scott will determine how great their next record will be. Now that he's gotten to know the guys he should feel a connection and with patience they he can write deeper lyrics like he did in STP! And YES Scott is DEEP! you must've never heard of a band called Stone Temple Pilots!

And Slash is the most hardworking guitarist you'll ever see! That is the one thing everyone says about him! how when it comes to recording he's in the studio everyday for the longest hours playing the guitar! Even after having kids!
RyanMFGs
Rocker

GN F'N R, MFGs

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2004, 09:11:14 PM »

Half of Contraband I love, the other half I'd consider good, but not great.

I'm looking for Scott to create some great lyrics like Still Remains, I Got You, or Sour Girl.

Sucker Train Blues I just absolutely love, hope it's the next single.

And I can't wait for them to start work on a second album. I bet it's about before Chinese Democracy! haha well I hope that's not true.

To think the one you love could hurt ya now, it's a little hard to believe.. but everybody darlin sometimes bites thehand that feeds.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2004, 10:11:53 PM »

Id also like to point out that epic and deep are hardly synonymous...
Either way Scott falls short of Axl
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 10:23:29 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2004, 10:56:18 PM »

Id also like to point out that epic and deep are hardly synonymous...
Either way Scott falls short of Axl

According to you (I assume you think Finck falls short of Slash, right?)

And Im not sure Scott being compared to Axl has much relevance to how good VRs follow-up to Comtraband will be.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2004, 11:53:28 PM »

(I assume you think Finck falls short of Slash, right?)
SLash is one of the greatest guitarists that has ever lived

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2004, 12:02:35 AM »

(I assume you think Finck falls short of Slash, right?)
SLash is one of the greatest guitarists that has ever lived

I will second that... Grin I honestly don't know enough about finck to give a fair review, I think he has strong moments and sloppy.. Those are old shows though ,the material was semi new, so I'll wait until they come around again to give the fair review..
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2004, 12:09:34 AM »

Agreed completely...

However, I know you believe that the new GNR can still make a great record with Finck. ?So do I. ?However, when it comes to Scott, I can look to the greatness of STPs records, in addition to his work with VR, and be reminded of what hes capable of. ?And at his best, I honestly believe hes right up there with the greats. ?And I think, at this moment, hes the best around. ?Obviously, you dont, but I dont see what that has to do with VR making a better record, or Scott himself giving a better performance...just seems you wanted to remind yourself, once again, thats Axls the best and VRs frontman isnt as good. ?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2004, 12:10:56 AM »

With FInck and the rest of the band for that matter we have to wait and see. Except really for Bucket and Tommy the bandmembers havtn been in huge bands where we can judge their work.

I owuld think they are pretty dam good if a guy named Axl ROse is their frontman.

comes to Scott, I can look to the greatness of STPs records, in addition to his work with VR, and be reminded of what hes capable of.  And at his best, I honestly believe hes right up there with the greats.
I was a STP fan long before I new about GNR. His work with STP is great. But just because his work with STP was great and what hes doing with VR doesnt put him on that elite level. Scott is hands down an entertaining and talented frontman. No argument here. I put him more on the second tier than on the 1st. Not that it matters but I never see Scott put next to the greats on any Magazine rankings.
But that doesnt mean he sux cause he doesnt.

Obviously, you dont, but I dont see what that has to do with VR making a better record, or Scott himself giving a better performance.
When I made that comment it had nothing to do with VRs follow ups. "D" made a statement about how Scott doesnt have the ability to write deep/epic songs compared to Axl.
And I beleive that statement is true.

thats Axls the best and VRs frontman isnt as good.
your half right. Yes, Axl is the best, but no Scott isnt bad either. Hes just not Axl.

Again I like Scott a lot. I truly, truly do. But I wasnt overly impressed with what he did with CB. And thats not because I wanna put VR down and make it a gnr/vr thing. Im not about that. Its fukin music.  Im basing it on Scotts past work and potential. And his lyrics didnt do it for me. Im not saying every song has to be well thought out or masterpieces but I dont need to hear about Drugs every other second either. But who cares what I think...If you enjoy it  beer

Its more of a buildup of the gnr internet atmosphere where my band has been looked over with a microscope by peopel and when the same things come up for another band its a different ballgame.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 12:19:47 AM by younggunner » Logged

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2004, 12:35:45 AM »

I owuld think they are pretty dam good if a guy named Axl ROse is their frontman.

Shocked

I was a STP fan long before I new about GNR. His work with STP is great. But just because his work with STP was great and what hes doing with VR doesnt put him on that elite level.

Well, by that logic Axls GNR work would have the same effect on his new work...but I digress  Lips Sealed

Scott is hands down an entertaining and talented frontman. No argument here. I put him more on the second tier than on the 1st. Not that it matters but I never see Scott put next to the greats on any Magazine rankings.

No, because one of the great crimes of rock of the last 12 years is the lack of appreciation (and flat-out discrediting) of STP and Weiland in particular. 

As for those lists, youre right.  But check out Slashs position in RSs top 100 guitarists.  Or "Estranged"s awesomely bad achievement.  Yeah, sometimes these lists do get it right, but you know as well as I that more often than not, theyre wrong.  And the negativity and disrespect for Weiland is a prime example of that, in my opinion.
But that doesnt mean he sux cause he doesnt.

When I made that comment it had nothing to do with VRs follow ups. "D" made a statement about how Scott doesnt have the ability to write deep/epic songs compared to Axl.
And I beleive that statement is true.

Okay (although its largely irrelevant to the topic).

Its more of a buildup of the gnr internet atmosphere where my band has been looked over with a microscope by peopel and when the same things come up for another band its a different ballgame.

But its really not the same thing...the circumstances and, like you said, atmosphere surrounding VR are completely different.  And, I think this goes without saying, way more positive.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2004, 12:44:45 AM »

Well, by that logic Axls GNR work would have the same effect on his new work...but I digress 
Axl has locked him self away in the elite category with his old gnr work. Weiland was neevr considered "elite" while with STP.
Axl can obiviously take away some of that greatness if he puts out a horrible album or add to the legacy if CD is great. Point is he was already at the top before CD.

No, because one of the great crimes of rock of the last 12 years is the lack of appreciation (and flat-out discrediting) of STP and Weiland in particular
I agree they dont get enough credit but they arent a huge band. They are a great band but not an impact type band. So I wouldnt call it a crime but i agree to a point....

As for those lists, youre right.  But check out Slashs position in RSs top 100 guitarists.  Or "Estranged"s awesomely bad achievement.  Yeah, sometimes these lists do get it right, but you know as well as I that more often than not, theyre wrong.  And the negativity and disrespect for Weiland is a prime example of that, in my opinion.
Agreed but cmon you cant tell me Weiland is on that elite level

the circumstances and, like you said, atmosphere surrounding VR are completely different.  And, I think this goes without saying, way more positive.
Im not talking about the vibe of the bands,gnr/vr but the vibe of the peopel on these boards.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2004, 12:59:44 AM »

Axl has locked him self away in the elite category with his old gnr work. Weiland was neevr considered "elite" while with STP.

It seems youre talking about public perception more than actual music...Scott has been very consistent, and was arguably at the top of his game on STPs last album.  Your arguement is based on a simple principle: Ones past greatness doesnt guarantee their future greatness.  Therefore, their "elite" status is irrelevant.  Theres actually a lot more evidence to suggest that Scott "still has it" than there is for Axl.

I agree they dont get enough credit but they arent a huge band.

Huh

One of the best-selling bands of the 90s...

Agreed but cmon you cant tell me Weiland is on that elite level

Thats exactly what Im saying.

Im not talking about the vibe of the bands,gnr/vr but the vibe of the peopel on these boards.

One creates the other...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2004, 01:05:37 AM »

One of the best-selling bands of the 90s...
You failed to quote what I said right after that. "They werent an impact type  band"

I can name you a million bands and artsist taht have done well in the sales department. That doesnt mean they are great. And im not saying STP wasnt great. They were very good but they werent the impact type band.

Thats exactly what Im saying.
Your starting a band. WHo are you taking Axl or Scott?

One creates the other...
Unfortunately and if i may say this....there was one side that started it..as babyish as that sounds. The gnr/axl haters were here long before the vr haters...

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2004, 01:07:44 AM »

even if Scott is only the 20th alltime best front man ever that is still an amazing feat and I think the VR documentary proved that. so forget about Axl....for all we know he could be dead
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2004, 01:10:36 AM »

I doubt there would be many Axl haters if he had finished that tour and it hadn't been 11 years since the last GNR release(regardless of what spin is put on new band/old band, new players it has still been 11 years since Axl's GNR has released new material.) It is that type of thing that breeds contempt among fans. But that is neither here nor there.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2004, 01:17:23 AM »

I can name you a million bands and artsist taht have done well in the sales department. That doesnt mean they are great. And im not saying STP wasnt great. They were very good but they werent the impact type band.

You said "huge." ?What would huge mean if not for record sales/popularity? ?I also dont get the "impact" thing, and how it pertains to their musical output.

Your starting a band. WHo are you taking Axl or Scott?

Thats irrelevant to my point. ?Id probably take Axl over anybody - Mick Jagger, Robert Plant, etc. - that doesnt make him the only "elite" frontman out there. ?Theres many that are similarly good, and I believe Scott is one of them. ?

Im also not sure about your question...The "new" Axl isnt exactly the same Axl I consider the greatest frontman of all-time. ?So right now, I think Scott and Axl are pretty even overall, and Scotts done more to prove his current greatness, in my eyes, than Axl has. ?So I dont know who Id take...but its that close.

One creates the other...
Unfortunately and if i may say this....there was one side that started it..as babyish as that sounds. The gnr/axl haters were here long before the vr haters...

You misunderstood...

I mean the tone of the band creates the tone of the fanbase. ?The positivity surrounding VR has permeates through their fans...and the opposite goes for GNR.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2004, 02:20:33 AM »

in the new guitar legends magazine slash admits he is lazy and needs someone to push him

u can read it in black and white yourself

so i think he will stick with the blues riff rock stuff he does now which isnt a bad thing by any means

i mean contraband is a classic cd ill be listening to in 10 years, so i wasnt dissing slash or the 2nd record if it were like contraband, ill be more than happy if its the same vein as contraband

if u think they are gonna do orchestras and keyboards and big epic ballads though i think u are wrong since that basically led to the demise of GNR and i cant see scott doin that.

by the way i love axl but no one should ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever mention robin finck in the same breath or sentence as SLash, Robin Finck is like a special olympian tryin to guard micheal jordan, i mean cmon!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: