Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:06:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Why Piss On Weiland??
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Piss On Weiland??  (Read 28330 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« on: May 02, 2005, 07:45:58 PM »

I've never understood the GNR fans' mentality towards Scott Weiland. Does everyone hate him just for the fact that he's now with ex members of GNR? I'll be the first to admit that Contraband is a very weak effort by such extreme talent. But people shouldn't deny STP's contribution to the music world. In fact, during the 12 year absence of Axl, the closest thing the music world ever got to a new Guns N Roses was Stone Temple Pilots.

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 07:48:13 PM »

wrong section homeboy.  ok

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 08:31:01 PM »

Scott is a great frontman and always has been......

jgfnsr
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 10:39:46 PM »

I've never understood the GNR fans' mentality towards Scott Weiland. Does everyone hate him just for the fact that he's now with ex members of GNR?

Don't hate 'em, it's just tough getting used to seeing Weiland (instead of the greatest frontman alive) next to Slash, Duff, etc.

I'll be the first to admit that Contraband is a very weak effort by such extreme talent.

Right-o on that one.

But people shouldn't deny STP's contribution to the music world. In fact, during the 12 year absence of Axl, the closest thing the music world ever got to a new Guns N Roses was Stone Temple Pilots.

Uuuhhhh.....don't think so.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 10:43:57 PM »

Scott cant write good lyrics. He can't sing the gnr songs that they play on tour right. He absolutely murders them. He sucks plain and simple.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 10:55:34 PM »

I disagree  with the nay-sayers toward VR and would go into detail but I have not the energy and it would make no difference. For some reason the board, and  others, have dichotmized into "love them or hate them" based upon the GNR split. I would just say this: see Vr live and your opinion might change. In short, have an open mind. No one, at least that I can see, is saying VR is equal to or better than GNR. But to trash VR is silly. The album is solid and they are dynamite  live.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 11:14:19 PM »

I disagree  with the nay-sayers toward VR and would go into detail but I have not the energy and it would make no difference. For some reason the board, and  others, have dichotmized into "love them or hate them" based upon the GNR split. I would just say this: see Vr live and your opinion might change. In short, have an open mind. No one, at least that I can see, is saying VR is equal to or better than GNR. But to trash VR is silly. The album is solid and they are dynamite  live.

The album is sub par at best.
RichardNixon
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 11:29:56 PM »

STP is one of my favorite bands, so I was really pleased when he was picked to front VR. And I don't think most GN'R fans dislike. I think the oposite is true, the fans DO like him. Btw, check out "12 Bar Blues," Scott's a real creative guy.
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 12:13:15 AM »

I disagree? with the nay-sayers toward VR and would go into detail but I have not the energy and it would make no difference. For some reason the board, and? others, have dichotmized into "love them or hate them" based upon the GNR split. I would just say this: see Vr live and your opinion might change. In short, have an open mind. No one, at least that I can see, is saying VR is equal to or better than GNR. But to trash VR is silly. The album is solid and they are dynamite? live.

The album is sub par at best.

I say you can't pull your head out of Axl's ass to even bother listening to or viewing the band live. They kick ass. thats about it. Also, there have been a few articles around stating that STP influence in some bands today holds very strong. STP was a very good band.
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 12:18:21 AM »

Scott cant write good lyrics. He can't sing the gnr songs that they play on tour right. He absolutely murders them. He sucks plain and simple.

Here is what really pisses me off. Everyone at these shows seems to enjoy it every bit. Why don't you try to do it better then, instead of sitting here, ripping on someone who puts your whole life to shame.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 01:10:33 AM »

Scott's lyrics are fine, but I don't find songs about drug abuse to mirror any of the issues going on in my life. YGNR though is a very good song.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 02:54:52 AM »

Scott cant write?? I guess you never heard Sex Type thing, Wicked Garden, Big Empty, Sour Girl,etc. Before you judge someone, maybe you should go listen to one of their albums.

darkmonth
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 05:55:53 AM »

And Robin Finck fuck's up most of GnR's back catalog whist playing IN GnR... you can rubbish Scott's talents all you want, but you're talking shit.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2005, 07:02:42 AM »

Ozzy, you forgot one thing about Robin: How shitty he is at backing vocals. Sometimes I cringe when I listen to it. The backing vocals are the worst thing about new GNR. You can see why its taking so long for CD, Axl has to do all the singing himself! Anyways, I cant stand the Scott bashers. Stone Temple Pilots kept rock alive during the grunge years. Where was Axl during that awkward era in music history? In a fucking cave. So give credit where credit is due.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2005, 08:21:18 AM »

Wow, a thread about Scott not being so great like some of you say he is turned into a thread about Robin Finck and Axl.

You guys are "funny". Can't stand the fact that Weiland isn't a "legend" everywhere?

I never cared about Scott Weiland. During the 1990s I always preferred people like Layne Staley, Chris Cornell, Kurt Cobain, Eddie Vedder and Billy Corgan to him.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2005, 08:25:58 AM »

That's happenin always. Last time you tried to turn an argument about Richard's session works to a 'Slash played with Blackstreet etc.' thread. People associate, nothing's wrong with that.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
darkmonth
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2005, 08:30:18 AM »

Wow, a thread about Scott not being so great like some of you say he is turned into a thread about Robin Finck and Axl.

You guys are "funny". Can't stand the fact that Weiland isn't a "legend" everywhere?

I never cared about Scott Weiland. During the 1990s I always preferred people like Layne Staley, Chris Cornell, Kurt Cobain, Eddie Vedder and Billy Corgan to him.

/jarmo

He was making a point about how shit Scott is on the GnR songs, as if he has to be a certain way with them... and come on Jarmo... you KNOW he was only doing that because he's one of these people who hates anything outside of GnR unless it is Axl.... I'm normally quite quiet these days as you know, and rarely slag off people or band members, but I thought I'd illustrate the point that some people (myself included), think it's more important for Robin to be fucking perfect on GnR songs than it is for Scott... considering Scott is only covering them, and Robin is in the band....

because that guy will almost certainly say that Robin's playing is utterly flawless and perfect.  Making his previous statement pointless.

Ah whatever...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2005, 08:37:43 AM »

That's happenin always. Last time you tried to turn an argument about Richard's session works to a 'Slash played with Blackstreet etc.' thread. People associate, nothing's wrong with that.

Oh but there's a difference. In my case it wasn't a negative comment. I just pointed out how Slash had played with different people too. Nothing wrong with that.

In this case people started posting negative comments about GN'R.

Still, the most interesting thing about seeing VR live are Duff and Slash in my opinion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 11:58:07 AM »

Oh but there's a difference. In my case it wasn't a negative comment. I just pointed out how Slash had played with different people too. Nothing wrong with that.

In this case people started posting negative comments about GN'R.

Still, the most interesting thing about seeing VR live are Duff and Slash in my opinion.

/jarmo

I have to agree on that.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2005, 12:04:21 PM »

/jarmo

He was making a point about how shit Scott is on the GnR songs, as if he has to be a certain way with them... and come on Jarmo... you KNOW he was only doing that because he's one of these people who hates anything outside of GnR unless it is Axl.... I'm normally quite quiet these days as you know, and rarely slag off people or band members, but I thought I'd illustrate the point that some people (myself included), think it's more important for Robin to be fucking perfect on GnR songs than it is for Scott... considering Scott is only covering them, and Robin is in the band....

because that guy will almost certainly say that Robin's playing is utterly flawless and perfect.  Making his previous statement pointless.

Ah whatever...

Im not allowed to have the opinion that Scott sounds like shit on gnr songs? Wow who would have thought that people would think like that on  GUNS N ROSES forum. Certainly not me  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: