Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:11:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227905 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Why Piss On Weiland??
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Piss On Weiland??  (Read 28333 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2005, 02:37:58 PM »

it is invalid to me , it cannot be even processed? Cheesy , as if they had axl it would be gnr!!! y are u sayin that VR need to have axl on vocals to be liked my ppl , or simply by me? u are taking ur point of view as the whole viewing field! what is that? valid?

No, I'm not saying Axl singing in VR would make you like them. What I'm saying is people can't seem to except Scott because he is singing with Slash and Duff and Axl is not. People who turn up to VR concerts with Axl Rose banners and stupid shit like that just to shove in his face that they prefer Axl. I prefer Axl too but don't automatically hate Scott because he is singing with Slash and Duff now. What is valid about my point is that people love to see Axl moving on without the other original members, but can't seem to stand the other original members moving on without him. Axl Rose is my idol and all time favourite vocalist but is not the only person in the music world. Scott is a great frontman and VR are a great band.

that bout sums it up perfectly, I agree 100 percent.

I dont understand why anyone would bring an Axl Rose banner or yell anything about Axl at a VR concert.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2005, 04:45:55 PM »

it is invalid to me , it cannot be even processed? Cheesy , as if they had axl it would be gnr!!! y are u sayin that VR need to have axl on vocals to be liked my ppl , or simply by me? u are taking ur point of view as the whole viewing field! what is that? valid?

No, I'm not saying Axl singing in VR would make you like them. What I'm saying is people can't seem to except Scott because he is singing with Slash and Duff and Axl is not. People who turn up to VR concerts with Axl Rose banners and stupid shit like that just to shove in his face that they prefer Axl. I prefer Axl too but don't automatically hate Scott because he is singing with Slash and Duff now. What is valid about my point is that people love to see Axl moving on without the other original members, but can't seem to stand the other original members moving on without him. Axl Rose is my idol and all time favourite vocalist but is not the only person in the music world. Scott is a great frontman and VR are a great band.

that bout sums it up perfectly, I agree 100 percent.

I dont understand why anyone would bring an Axl Rose banner or yell anything about Axl at a VR concert.

because people get hammered at concerts and start acting like assholes.  the people with the banners an such i don't know, they're just fucking idiots.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2005, 06:22:16 AM »

It goes both ways, already forgot rock in rio 3 ? there was a guy dressed like slash wearing a slash t-shirt on top of somebody else just to piss axl.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2005, 06:34:11 AM »

the fact Axl uses the GNR name though makes it a little more understandable at GNR shows

but VR have nothing to do with Axl, no one should ever confuse VR with GNR.

Id bet there are hundreds of thousands of people who dont even know there is a new band.

RIR 3, those people probably expected Slash to be there, Im not sure how mainstream that news got.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2005, 06:36:43 AM »

the fact Axl uses the GNR name though makes it a little more understandable at GNR shows

but VR have nothing to do with Axl, no one should ever confuse VR with GNR.

Id bet there are hundreds of thousands of people who dont even know there is a new band.

RIR 3, those people probably expected Slash to be there, Im not sure how mainstream that news got.
That's exatly it man.. I myself was listening to oh my god in 99 and couldn't tell you who was in the band..

When a band is not you favorite and they have been gone for  many years and you hear gnr is playing a gig you expect the band to be the people who you use to listen to..
If metallica is dormant for several years then tours I expect to see james, lars and kirk.. If metallica did that everyone would be screaming bloody murder..

Now if you go to a vr concert looking for axl then you are a total ass causing trouble
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2005, 08:36:09 AM »

Where were the people dressed as Izzy and Steven in 1991-93?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2005, 10:01:25 AM »

Where were the people dressed as Izzy and Steven in 1991-93?

/jarmo

good point but gnr was the biggest band in rock, people were familiar with the going ons of gnr, it was always on mtv news..  Now adays lets be honest nothing is happening not many follow a band that ended years ago so closely..

Why did a dozen people tell me they though the vmas was  parody, or why is slash wearing a costume with a bucket hihi
I can see someone going to a gnr copncert expecting slash.. it's just fact that the two are associated, but to expect axl at a velvet revolver concert is absurd.. Wink
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2005, 05:13:20 PM »

Izzy and Steven werent really stars though.

Very important to the band but casual non hardcore fans recognize Axl and Slash and basically u could put anyone around those guys back in those days and it really wouldnt matter to the casual fans.

I think if Slash were still in the band but everyone else was new, people wouldnt even really care that much and wouldnt object to the GNR name being used.

I'm just sayin people in Rio De Janero probably expected Slash to be there, they heard GNR were gonna be there so GNR to them was probably the old lineup.

It would be like VR getting a new guy to replace Dave Kushner, I dont think many would care to be honest.

Izzy of course was very very important to the band, but Id bet not many casual concertgoers bought a ticket to see Izzy and really Drummers are a dime a dozen unless u are truly special like Tommy Lee or someone.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: