Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:15:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227904 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Will Weiland get kicked out of the band?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Weiland get kicked out of the band?  (Read 18505 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« on: February 19, 2006, 03:03:54 PM »

Or will the other members quit?  I know he's a huge part of the writing process, but the other members of the band can't be happy with where he wants to take this new album.  A big reason behind the GnR breakup was creative differences with Axl wanting to go off in other directions than just rock and the others not wanting to do that.  Now you have Weiland wanting to make a "dancy" album and they're talking about bringing in Pharrell to produce a song or two.  Pharrell, famed pop producer for many hip hop and R&B acts, as well as No Doubt and Gwen Stefani's solo work  Lips Sealed

The whole reason behind VR was supposedly these guys just wanted to get back to making some good old fashioned hard rock and that's what they did.  I can't imagine Slash or Duff are too happy about Weiland's desire to make an album for people to dance to
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 03:08:33 PM »

well to be honest they all knew what stp was and how weiland was so theyhad to know what they were getting into with variety.. I think they will be fine, just have to wait n see..
makane
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 03:30:44 PM »

"- Feb. 16, 2006

Scott Weiland has found himself another band. Speaking to ABC News Radio at Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party last week, Weiland's VELVET REVOLVER bandmate Matt Sorum said that the singer is being added to Sorum's all-star cover band CAMP FREDDY. He'll be joining a permanent lineup that already includes Sorum, Dave Navarro, Donovan Leitch, Billy Morrison and Chris Chaney. CAMP FREDDY are also known for the revolving cast of superstar guests that joins them on stage at their live shows.

Commented Sorum: [Weiland] loves it, man. He comes and plays with us, and we do BOWIE, and we, you know, he does some IGGY POP maybe, whatever he wants to do. And he has the best time because it's not stressful at all. There's no real, like, corporate thing behind it. And it's not like you have to come up with the goods — you just do it, you know."

Sorum says that the band are hoping to finally release their debut album next summer. Macy Gray, Steve Jones (SEX PISTOLS) and Jerry Cantrell (ALICE IN CHAINS) have already recorded guest spots, and Steven Tyler (AEROSMITH) has been asked to participate.

During the same interview, Sorum revealed that VELVET REVOLVER are planning to move in a different direction on their new album, which has the working title of "Libertad".

"Our first album was very aggressive and just in-your-face. and we made it very quickly," Sorum explained. "And this album we just really want to, like, you know, we want to pull it back a bit, groove a little harder, [make it] a little more danceable. We've talked about working with people like [pop superstar] Pharrell [Williams] just for the… just to check it out. I mean, it's not rock and roll, but it might be different. Who knows?! I don't know."

(Source: ABC Radio's ePrep)"

In which part here Scott Weiland want's to make dance music? You've just collected a big bunch of baseless speculations into a "fact" produced by your mind.
Everyone is taking these 2(!) articles way too seriously, DANCEABLE (doesn't have to mean TECHNO. lets see ie. Rocket Queen?) or THINKING about making a concept album. The Pharrel thing was probably a Matt Sorum "piano joke".

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Eric
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 04:42:05 PM »

For what it's worth, Matt just updated his sight, says new album in summer, he and Duff are writing songs.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 04:56:21 PM »

Why does everyone always start these dumb threads about Scott?  He's an awsome preformer and a big part of VR.  VR would be nothing without him.  He is probably the 2nd best lead singer in the last 20yrs. 
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 09:26:54 PM »

Because people are idiots....... Just because they want to make the album more danceable doesnt mean they are going to put out a Britney Spears album... I would consider "Always On The Run " danceable and that song rocks..

Anyway, people just want to trash VR..  Let them... No one really knows what mAtt meant by dancable.. Matt is a douche anyway.. Who cares what he says..  Weiland isn't getting kicked out of anything.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 11:45:57 PM »

Matt and Weiland are the two dosha baggas of VR.  They say some really goofy stuff.  You always can count on Duff and Slash.  Since Dave doesn't say much, we can only assume he is cool.
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 06:30:13 AM »

I love Weiland in VR... can't wait for the new album and tour!

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 09:38:05 AM »

there was a rumour Circulating last summer that the relationship between Scott and Slash was very strained and the band was on the verge of breaking up I don't know how their relationship is now whether it has improved or not Tongue

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
makane
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 10:23:53 AM »

there was a rumour Circulating last summer that the relationship between Scott and Slash was very strained and the band was on the verge of breaking up I don't know how their relationship is now whether it has improved or not Tongue
That's because it's still a RUMOR.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 11:18:31 AM »

well they have been together sinc ethat rumour, plus the roumor was shot down.. I forget if it was scott's wife..?? They have played several live shows too, amnd have spoken about doing the second album since then so it 's looking OK

I think any band is one step away from breaking up at all times
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 12:36:08 PM »

Why does everyone always start these dumb threads about Scott?  He's an awsome preformer and a big part of VR.  VR would be nothing without him.  He is probably the 2nd best lead singer in the last 20yrs. 

best lead singer in last 20 years. no way.

html sucks
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 12:42:13 PM »

AFD is more danceable than UYI

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 12:52:47 PM »

I think Weilland wont be kick out, and I think at least Matt agrees with making a danceable album, I would love something like that especially Latin Rhythms, like the ones they used for Snakepit Version 1, damn that was killer!!!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 04:59:30 PM »

Why does everyone always start these dumb threads about Scott?? He's an awsome preformer and a big part of VR.? VR would be nothing without him.? He is probably the 2nd best lead singer in the last 20yrs.?

You got to be kiddin' right ? He's a total disaster onstage, (I've seen them one) and I don't like either his poor lyrics and his live performances. I just love VR music, but it's killing me to hear Scott Weiland sing with them.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 05:02:55 PM »

Because people are idiots....... Just because they want to make the album more danceable doesnt mean they are going to put out a Britney Spears album... I would consider "Always On The Run " danceable and that song rocks..

Anyway, people just want to trash VR..  Let them... No one really knows what mAtt meant by dancable.. Matt is a douche anyway.. Who cares what he says..  Weiland isn't getting kicked out of anything.

No one knows what Matt meant by Danceable?  He said they were considering working with Pharrell, so that gives you an idea of what he meant.  Music like Pharrell makes. 

This has nothing to do with bashing VR.  It's a serious question.  Creative differences and in particular Slash and Duff disagreeing with Axl's desire to go different directions and that was a large factor in the original band's breakup.  It's not out of the question to think that they might not be happy with this.  A big part of their purpose with VR was to go back to  making hard rock music, not dance tunes with Pharrell
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 06:02:15 PM »

If anyone in VR should leave its Dave. I dont like his playing style its too modern sounding. Bring back the blues Slash .
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 07:39:40 PM »

Anyway, people just want to trash VR..? Let them... No one really knows what mAtt meant by dancable.. Matt is a douche anyway.. Who cares what he says..? Weiland isn't getting kicked out of anything.

No one knows what Matt meant by Danceable?? He said they were considering working with Pharrell, so that gives you an idea of what he meant.? Music like Pharrell makes.?

This has nothing to do with bashing VR.? It's a serious question.? Creative differences and in particular Slash and Duff disagreeing with Axl's desire to go different directions and that was a large factor in the original band's breakup.? It's not out of the question to think that they might not be happy with this.? A big part of their purpose with VR was to go back to? making hard rock music, not dance tunes with Pharrell

But how does this get construed to be what Scott wants?? Matt said it, not Scott.? And for that matter, who gives a damn, it's obvious to me that Matt is talking out his ass to inflame people...mission accomplished.
EricaLyn087
Headliner

Showtime for strangers

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 08:29:19 PM »

Why does everyone always start these dumb threads about Scott?? He's an awsome preformer and a big part of VR.? VR would be nothing without him.? He is probably the 2nd best lead singer in the last 20yrs.?

You got to be kiddin' right ? He's a total disaster onstage, (I've seen them one) and I don't like either his poor lyrics and his live performances. I just love VR music, but it's killing me to hear Scott Weiland sing with them.

Yeah you saw them ONCE, meaning that your judgement of the band is going to be a little different than those of us who saw them multiple times (myself included). I saw VR in Dec 04, May 05 and on New Year's Eve at Starland Ballroom - Scott and the rest of VR improved every single time. Disaster? I think not.

"One time we played a concert in Antwerp, Belgium. At least I thought it was Antwerp, Belgium. Turns out it was a Stop 'n Shop in Wisconsin somewhere, but it was fun man." -- Slash
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2006, 09:27:12 PM »

He showed up for the gig, didn't he? More than you can say for your buddy Axl. Scott is a very decent live performer and he is great on records. Who do you think should replace him anyway? And don't say Bach, give me someone with credability and a reason why.

WeHeldTogether
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2006, 10:16:31 PM »

He showed up for the gig, didn't he? More than you can say for your buddy Axl. Scott is a very decent live performer and he is great on records. Who do you think should replace him anyway? And don't say Bach, give me someone with credability and a reason why.

I think most people just want VR to break up so Slash, Duff, etc. will come back to GNR.  Tongue
SourBaby
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2006, 10:10:52 AM »

It's gonna work out....

"You Can Use Your Illusion Let it take you where it may, we live and learn but then sometimes it's best to walk away"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2006, 10:30:11 AM »

saw scott twice once in manhattan in the early stages the second in jones beach this past april, the entire band was awesome, scott is super energetic..  Can't wait to see them again ok
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2006, 04:03:22 PM »

There's no law saying that (if it ever were to happen with the SLash/GNR case) that Slash or any other musician couldn't be in more than one band!  That's what alot of musicians do!

There is no reason why Camp freddy,VR, GNR can't co-exist - if that were ever the case. Music doesn't have to be like that.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2006, 09:03:52 AM »

If anyone in VR should leave its Dave. I dont like his playing style its too modern sounding. Bring back the blues Slash .

I do like the Idea of Dave leaving Then Izzy could join ,The way it should have been in the first place ok

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
makane
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2006, 09:37:21 AM »

I do like the Idea of Dave leaving Then Izzy could join ,The way it should have been in the first place ok
But if Izzy comes they have to kick Weiland out  Smiley

Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2006, 11:38:42 AM »

Yeah, I know he dosn't like to work with a simger after his experiences with Axl

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2006, 01:13:22 PM »

I'd rather have Izzy vocals then Scott, or Axl. I prefer his type of voice, the laidback coolness alot more. And his lyrics too.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2006, 01:56:27 PM »

When will people learn that you know nothing about the band. Just cos one member has said something doesnt mean that another member will be kicked out, its a fuckin joke. Weiland has a great voice and amazing presence live wether you like his style or not and sometimes its just best to leave it at that. Not being funny, im a huge axl/gn'r fan aswell as vr. But axl is actually terrible now, a great shame but he is awful. I hope he pulls through with CD. I like both of em, just cos slash and duff has played with both doesnt mean you can only like one of the frontmen. Nor does it mean shit threads like this have to be made.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2006, 03:05:57 PM »

I think Dave is fine for teh band.. Izzy is great and all but this is VR not GnR.....

GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2006, 10:08:53 PM »

First off, Scott didn't say any of that shit! It was Matt! So we don't know who's idea it is to work with Pharell and make 'danceable' music, it could've be Slash's.

As for those saying Scott should leave VR, I agree. He should leave and go back to STP, his vocal talents are being wasted on the extremely generic music put forward by the rest of VR.  'Come on Come In' was nothing new at all and most of CB sounds waaay to samey with the obvious exception of the 3 slower songs.

Listen to Stone Temple Pilots and how they evolved from album to album.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2006, 04:53:45 AM »

I think Dave is fine for teh band.. Izzy is great and all but this is VR not GnR.....

I'm not prefering Izzy cause it will sound "more GN'R" then, but the quailty of the music would improve big time. Late 2001 an album was recorded by Izzy/Slash/Duff/Taz and Slash said that people shouldn't expect it to sound like GN'R cause it's not in that style. He said the songs where not heavy arrangement-duty type just simple cool ideas. And the songs sounded laidback and had a sense of humor about them, he said it sounded like Izzy and Slash/Izzy.

That's what I want to hear, not GN'R Smiley
Velvet Forever
Headliner

GNR Here Today...I hope someday in Hell...

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2006, 08:32:00 AM »

Mhhhh Now I want some VR news , Matt is a guy who likes to talk about everything and nothing , i think that it's not like Slash who don't talk as much as him , Matt's info aren't so important , IMO.
I think that we just have to wait for some real Info ok
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2006, 09:01:49 PM »

Mhhhh Now I want some VR news , Matt is a guy who likes to talk about everything and nothing , i think that it's not like Slash who don't talk as much as him , Matt's info aren't so important , IMO.

I am getting hungry for some VR news myself....... I wouldn't mind a movie soundtrack tune or something..

Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2006, 03:32:40 AM »

I wish they Were Playing download this year But Alas No,Especially no now that GN'R are playing there Angry hihi

badapple81
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2006, 04:25:42 AM »

Contraband was something new at the time but I never listen to it now, I hope they are creative enough on the second album for it to be a little different and interesting, otherwise I won't really be into it. Another Contraband won't really do it, especially with quite a few fillers it had.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2006, 05:08:09 AM »

Contraband was something new at the time but I never listen to it now, I hope they are creative enough on the second album for it to be a little different and interesting, otherwise I won't really be into it. Another Contraband won't really do it, especially with quite a few fillers it had.

I really don't think there was much filler on there.. I mean. I would consider DIFTK and Spectacle filler... But some people like those song sthe best... Those two songs and FTP are the low point of Contraband for me... But I definately wouldn't call FTP filler either.. I just don't like those type of songs.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2006, 05:14:17 AM »

I love the album and still listen to it alot while drivng, I think there are some excellent songs instrumentally that have kick to it.. I really am not into vr lyrically, but many songs I love in general are more about the vibe n flow then the words themselves if that makes sence.. Kind of the way metallica or ac/dc or maiden works for me, just love the playing.. ok

Songs like illegal I, or spectacle, or dlt or slither have cool openings and are pretty damn kicking drum/guitar wise.. To me they are packed with what I feel rock is..

I don't mind if people don't prefer vr, or scott or contraband, can't satisfy everyone..

I honestly feel if we all as people gave music in general (all kinds) the time and attention we give the new gnr tunes we would broaden our musical interest/likes..  Cause I myself gave the three new gnr tunes at least 50 listens each and certain songs took (like twat) about 6 to 10 listens to really soak em in..
badapple81
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2006, 06:40:35 AM »

I really don't think there was much filler on there.. I mean. I would consider DIFTK and Spectacle filler... But some people like those song sthe best... Those two songs and FTP are the low point of Contraband for me... But I definately wouldn't call FTP filler either.. I just don't like those type of songs.

Wow DIFTK is one of my faves from the album, I love the tempo of the song. Guess what's a filler to one may be somebody elses fave and I guess that's a good thing cos there is something for everyone and you shouldn't expect to love every song  Smiley
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2006, 04:53:47 PM »

I didn't think there was any filler on Contraband. Maybe some lacking songs, but no filler.

toddb1211
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2006, 12:10:20 AM »

Maybe when

weiland gets canned,the boys can bring in Axl as there new singer peace
Sagolik
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2006, 08:48:59 AM »

Maybe when

hehe, dont think thats gonna happen  Cheesy

"Well some say I'm lazy, And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy, I guess I'll always be"
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2006, 04:23:31 PM »

Maybe when

Normally the first 20 posts a person makes are incredibly stupid. This fits the mold.

toddb1211
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2006, 04:50:36 PM »

Maybe when

Normally the first 20 posts a person makes are incredibly stupid. This fits the mold.

Excuse me for kiddin around
toddb1211
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2006, 04:57:21 PM »

Maybe when

pompous little prick
Mr. Mustard
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2006, 05:28:54 PM »

I think it's really weird for people to be so obsessed with Weiland getting kicked out of the band.  I mean if you don't like VR, that's fine.  But Axl is not coming back and the band is not going back to Axl.  I think you disrespect all parties when you think they can magically just get back together after they have said time and time again they grew apart, ect.   And for those of you who still cannot get it, read some John Lennon interviews after the Beatles broke up.  That was bigger than this ordeal, but there are some paralells.  One of the main ones expressed by Lennon and Axl is basically that it's just a band and that you shouldn't let what happens with the band affect your life.  Some people are so devoted and close minded that it is kind of sad.  Enjoy both bands...or don't...but stop being such "haters."  It's music after all. 
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2006, 05:37:08 PM »

very true mustard.... it is amazing how people do obsess about weiland getting booted.. I mean he is the singer they chose and that's it, you either like him or don't..
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2006, 05:40:38 PM »

To be honest id rather someone better do singing than scott, he cant sing very well live anymore and he holds the band back, like slashs solos with him are crappy.

html sucks
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2006, 05:46:19 PM »

pompous little prick

Mr. Mustard
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2006, 05:59:54 PM »

Right, mike.  And I am a fan of both frontmen, but realistically they are not too different from each other.  For the Axl lovers who call Weiland a junkie faggot, well Axl was a drug addict once too.  And one of his biggest influences was Freddie Mercury, so that's not a very good argument.  And for Weiland to call out Axl about cancelling shows/tours is a bit fucking ridiculous, considering I was a big enough fan to get tickets to his solo tour only to have him get busted in NYC the night before.  I also waited years for STP's albums due to his drug problem.   They are both charasmatic, infamous, selfish, talented, egotistical rock stars.  Take it for what it's worth.   
toddb1211
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2006, 06:06:51 PM »

It was a joke
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2006, 06:15:04 PM »

Right, mike.? And I am a fan of both frontmen, but realistically they are not too different from each other.? For the Axl lovers who call Weiland a junkie faggot, well Axl was a drug addict once too.? And one of his biggest influences was Freddie Mercury, so that's not a very good argument.? And for Weiland to call out Axl about cancelling shows/tours is a bit fucking ridiculous, considering I was a big enough fan to get tickets to his solo tour only to have him get busted in NYC the night before.? I also waited years for STP's albums due to his drug problem.? ?They are both charasmatic, infamous, selfish, talented, egotistical rock stars.? Take it for what it's worth.? ?

the only problem to me is that axl has been sober n clean for years and can't find his way.. i almost wish axl was doing something so at least there would be  a reason to be let down
Mr. Mustard
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2006, 08:15:51 PM »

I hear you.  It is an obscene amount of time to wait for an album.  Hey, he could be worse (Brian Wilson)!  I think his biggest fault is his lack of communication with his fans.  But if you're okay with it then fine. But stop slamming Scott. Weiland has proved a great deal of naysayers wrong with their last successful tour.  Give the guy some credit.  No one thought VR would make it this far and they did.  People have been saying Axl was coming out with CD for years and has yet to deliver. 

Actually, if you want to slam Scott, go ahead.  There are enough reasons. But then you have to slam Axl as well, in order to be considered somewhat objective in my eyes. 
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2006, 11:24:01 PM »

I also waited years for STP's albums due to his drug problem.?

At least STP put an album out every 2 years though, I don't think thats an unreasonable time to wait between albums. There was a 3 year gap between Tiny Music and No.4 from STP but Scott dropped a solo album inbetween.

Although Scott has had a lot of run ins with the law he always managed to put music out there for the fans. I don't know what Axl's excuse is for this untimely wait buyt atleast from the sounds of the demo's its all gonna be worth it  ok

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Mr. Mustard
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2006, 09:59:05 AM »

I agree with you, UK.  But I'm just trying to be fair. The wait for No. 4 was a killer but not nearly as bad as this.    I just wonder why people resent Scott so much when the band members who picked him are most likely far superior to them when it comes to making music and knowing talent when they see it.  I thought it was a brilliant choice.  You may not like Scott, but to say he "sucks" or can't sing live (which is a real joke) is just being childish.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2006, 10:34:10 AM »

I agree with you, UK.? But I'm just trying to be fair. The wait for No. 4 was a killer but not nearly as bad as this.? ? I just wonder why people resent Scott so much when the band members who picked him are most likely far superior to them when it comes to making music and knowing talent when they see it.? I thought it was a brilliant choice.? You may not like Scott, but to say he "sucks" or can't sing live (which is a real joke) is just being childish.

I was at my second vr show at jones beach with close to 15k, the fucking people loved scott he had them going wild.. he was up in the stands singing and talking as the band kept jamming.. I know he did this a few times at different shows but either way he commanded the audience.. Scott n axl are very much alike, different voices, but very good energetic wild frontmen
cmpaller
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2006, 03:36:27 PM »

VR is a great RNR band.  THere certainly not many of them anymore.  Rock is more or less dead these days.  VR rocks, the first album is really cool.  The second will be good too. 
hyn_zie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2006, 08:25:26 AM »

Your talkin Shit now!!! Me as a guitar player myself think that Dave is a pretty cool player, (Definatley not as good Salsh as he is god). i was stunned when slash and Dave had a guitar battle each time i went to see VR and Dave impressed me, he also brings that something extra to the band, he rocks end of story, but im not doubthing izzy is cool!!!! peace ok smoking
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2006, 09:34:32 AM »

Oh guys, izzy is the man of guns n roses... 
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2006, 12:40:14 PM »

Your talkin Shit now!!! Me as a guitar player myself think that Dave is a pretty cool player, (Definatley not as good Salsh as he is god). i was stunned when slash and Dave had a guitar battle each time i went to see VR and Dave impressed me, he also brings that something extra to the band, he rocks end of story, but im not doubthing izzy is cool!!!! peace ok smoking

I think it's pretty clear that Izzy wants no part of the lime light... and though I claim no "insight" into the Axl-Izzy relationship... I find it hard to believe that Izzy would betray Axl and play in a band fronted by Scott Weiland after Scott's "statement"... hell... I wouldn't be surprised if Izzy would jack Weiland in the face if he were ever to cross paths with him...

That being said... how about Gilby Clarke in VR? Dude can play and he writes some pretty catchy shit... he can even sing pretty well... I think that would be a coup for VR... of course I'm not sure if Weiland would be down with fronting an ENTIRELY Guns N' Roses band...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2006, 01:43:45 PM »

I think it's pretty clear that Izzy wants no part of the lime light... and though I claim no "insight" into the Axl-Izzy relationship... I find it hard to believe that Izzy would betray Axl and play in a band fronted by Scott Weiland after Scott's "statement"... hell... I wouldn't be surprised if Izzy would jack Weiland in the face if he were ever to cross paths with him...

That being said... how about Gilby Clarke in VR? Dude can play and he writes some pretty catchy shit... he can even sing pretty well... I think that would be a coup for VR... of course I'm not sure if Weiland would be down with fronting an ENTIRELY Guns N' Roses band...

I myself am a big supporter of Dave.  The man trades off solos with Slash very well live.  I think he wasn't too much of a contributing factor on CB so I'm hoping that he can have his say alot more on the new album.  I believe when the new album is released you will be able to see the true talents of Dave and Scott.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2006, 08:18:46 AM »

Scott will get kicked out the same day Slash does
badapple81
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2006, 08:22:54 AM »

Out of curiosity.. does Scott have any business partnership in VR? I mean he was recruited after the other guys decided to make a band and started working on it.. do Slash, Duff and Matt essentially own VR and pay Scott?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2006, 08:24:54 AM »

Out of curiosity.. does Scott have any business partnership in VR? I mean he was recruited after the other guys decided to make a band and started working on it.. do Slash, Duff and Matt essentially own VR and pay Scott?

I think there is a partnership between the five.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2006, 02:59:10 PM »

? I can't imagine Slash or Duff are too happy about Weiland's desire to make an album for people to dance to

I think you meant to say Slash and Duff aren't too happy with Matt Sorum's desire to make an album that's "more danceable".

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Eric
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2006, 03:06:19 PM »

I think opinions change, ideas change-years ago Matt was talking about Axl saying the new GNR was going to be tecno-Matt said no one would buy a techno GNR album-everyone analyzes comments too much, I think-I'm sure they are all going into the studio with different ideas.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2006, 01:38:41 PM »

Slash rules  VR sucks ass
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2006, 06:08:59 PM »

Slash rules? VR sucks ass

Aren't you just a little bag of sunshine...and so eloquent as well?
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2006, 08:11:19 PM »

Slash rules? VR sucks ass

Aren't you just a little bag of sunshine...and so eloquent as well?

LMAO  rofl Where is this topic going?!!

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2006, 08:15:41 PM »

will weiland get kicked out of the band? i dont think so, they have acheived there status with him.

do i think he should get kicked out? yep, hes not very good in his current age and is rather crap live now (voice-wise) hes already worn it away after the first albums tour had finished. listening to earlier live bootlegs, then newer ones the difference is very easy to notice.

html sucks
hyn_zie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2006, 05:09:54 AM »

Scott was given a contract stating if he slipped up he would lose any rights to velvet revolver, basically he's fucked if he mess's up, matt, dave, slash and duff own velvet revolver and make all the decisons, but i think weiland is past the point of being a fuck up, he's taking life more serious now and doesn't miss any kind of Narc, i'd say there's a clause in the contract obviously that if scott stays within the band and prove he's capable of being trusted he have an even share as the rest of the guys smoking beer ok peace Grin
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2006, 11:16:27 PM »

Ok, here are my responses  to various comments:

1.Scott will not be kicked out
2. Dave is cool and a good guitarist, no need to replace him
3. Scott's voice is good on record but sometimes live it is not, have you heard some of the boots? But most often (when I have seen them) you can't hear him at all. Bad mixing.
4. Danceable does not mean it  won't rock. Slash will not let VR not rock.
5. I think VR is alive and well and will put out  a very solid second record.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2006, 10:00:15 AM »

Ok, here are my responses? to various comments:

1.Scott will not be kicked out
2. Dave is cool and a good guitarist, no need to replace him
3. Scott's voice is good on record but sometimes live it is not, have you heard some of the boots? But most often (when I have seen them) you can't hear him at all. Bad mixing.
4. Danceable does not mean it? won't rock. Slash will not let VR not rock.
5. I think VR is alive and well and will put out? a very solid second record.

I agree

DCGNR2006
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2006, 10:48:36 AM »

At this point it would be career suicide for Slash & Duff to part ways with Weiland
They both took their shots after GNR and did'nt exactly attract too much attention despite their talents
It took someone with Weilands charisma and ability to have a commercially successful project
And don't buy this crap about how they just want to play rock & roll, either. If that were the case, the two of them could just sit in their mansions
and play untill they drop.
The only way you will see them drop Weiland is if they reconcile with Axl Rose, which is not going to happen -
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: