Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:39:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227904 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Will Weiland get kicked out of the band?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Weiland get kicked out of the band?  (Read 18504 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2006, 01:43:45 PM »

If anyone in VR should leave its Dave. I dont like his playing style its too modern sounding. Bring back the blues Slash .

I do like the Idea of Dave leaving Then Izzy could join ,The way it should have been in the first place ok

Your talkin Shit now!!! Me as a guitar player myself think that Dave is a pretty cool player, (Definatley not as good Salsh as he is god). i was stunned when slash and Dave had a guitar battle each time i went to see VR and Dave impressed me, he also brings that something extra to the band, he rocks end of story, but im not doubthing izzy is cool!!!! peace ok smoking

I think it's pretty clear that Izzy wants no part of the lime light... and though I claim no "insight" into the Axl-Izzy relationship... I find it hard to believe that Izzy would betray Axl and play in a band fronted by Scott Weiland after Scott's "statement"... hell... I wouldn't be surprised if Izzy would jack Weiland in the face if he were ever to cross paths with him...

That being said... how about Gilby Clarke in VR? Dude can play and he writes some pretty catchy shit... he can even sing pretty well... I think that would be a coup for VR... of course I'm not sure if Weiland would be down with fronting an ENTIRELY Guns N' Roses band...

I myself am a big supporter of Dave.  The man trades off solos with Slash very well live.  I think he wasn't too much of a contributing factor on CB so I'm hoping that he can have his say alot more on the new album.  I believe when the new album is released you will be able to see the true talents of Dave and Scott.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2006, 08:18:46 AM »

Scott will get kicked out the same day Slash does
badapple81
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2006, 08:22:54 AM »

Out of curiosity.. does Scott have any business partnership in VR? I mean he was recruited after the other guys decided to make a band and started working on it.. do Slash, Duff and Matt essentially own VR and pay Scott?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2006, 08:24:54 AM »

Out of curiosity.. does Scott have any business partnership in VR? I mean he was recruited after the other guys decided to make a band and started working on it.. do Slash, Duff and Matt essentially own VR and pay Scott?

I think there is a partnership between the five.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2006, 02:59:10 PM »

? I can't imagine Slash or Duff are too happy about Weiland's desire to make an album for people to dance to

I think you meant to say Slash and Duff aren't too happy with Matt Sorum's desire to make an album that's "more danceable".

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Eric
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2006, 03:06:19 PM »

I think opinions change, ideas change-years ago Matt was talking about Axl saying the new GNR was going to be tecno-Matt said no one would buy a techno GNR album-everyone analyzes comments too much, I think-I'm sure they are all going into the studio with different ideas.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2006, 01:38:41 PM »

Slash rules  VR sucks ass
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2006, 06:08:59 PM »

Slash rules? VR sucks ass

Aren't you just a little bag of sunshine...and so eloquent as well?
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2006, 08:11:19 PM »

Slash rules? VR sucks ass

Aren't you just a little bag of sunshine...and so eloquent as well?

LMAO  rofl Where is this topic going?!!

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2006, 08:15:41 PM »

will weiland get kicked out of the band? i dont think so, they have acheived there status with him.

do i think he should get kicked out? yep, hes not very good in his current age and is rather crap live now (voice-wise) hes already worn it away after the first albums tour had finished. listening to earlier live bootlegs, then newer ones the difference is very easy to notice.

html sucks
hyn_zie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2006, 05:09:54 AM »

Scott was given a contract stating if he slipped up he would lose any rights to velvet revolver, basically he's fucked if he mess's up, matt, dave, slash and duff own velvet revolver and make all the decisons, but i think weiland is past the point of being a fuck up, he's taking life more serious now and doesn't miss any kind of Narc, i'd say there's a clause in the contract obviously that if scott stays within the band and prove he's capable of being trusted he have an even share as the rest of the guys smoking beer ok peace Grin
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2006, 11:16:27 PM »

Ok, here are my responses  to various comments:

1.Scott will not be kicked out
2. Dave is cool and a good guitarist, no need to replace him
3. Scott's voice is good on record but sometimes live it is not, have you heard some of the boots? But most often (when I have seen them) you can't hear him at all. Bad mixing.
4. Danceable does not mean it  won't rock. Slash will not let VR not rock.
5. I think VR is alive and well and will put out  a very solid second record.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2006, 10:00:15 AM »

Ok, here are my responses? to various comments:

1.Scott will not be kicked out
2. Dave is cool and a good guitarist, no need to replace him
3. Scott's voice is good on record but sometimes live it is not, have you heard some of the boots? But most often (when I have seen them) you can't hear him at all. Bad mixing.
4. Danceable does not mean it? won't rock. Slash will not let VR not rock.
5. I think VR is alive and well and will put out? a very solid second record.

I agree

DCGNR2006
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2006, 10:48:36 AM »

At this point it would be career suicide for Slash & Duff to part ways with Weiland
They both took their shots after GNR and did'nt exactly attract too much attention despite their talents
It took someone with Weilands charisma and ability to have a commercially successful project
And don't buy this crap about how they just want to play rock & roll, either. If that were the case, the two of them could just sit in their mansions
and play untill they drop.
The only way you will see them drop Weiland is if they reconcile with Axl Rose, which is not going to happen -
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: