Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:41:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227904 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  why does everyone rag on slash if you are gnr fans
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: why does everyone rag on slash if you are gnr fans  (Read 4312 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: April 21, 2006, 08:39:39 AM »

Just had to ask.. Why is everyone like he's done nothing good without axl?

I mean would you call this solo nothing good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bsEzQ9Ng4E&search=street%20child

anyone have the blackstreet slash song??

or what about this awesome solo(true a cover but it takes skill regardless)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Mm3WPw2Xs&search=hey%20joe%20slash

slash with mj at the 1995 vmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v4URd2HtHM&search=slash%20vmas

slash n mj beat it ,30th (he rocks the fucking shit out if this song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEGU-yaUO3w&search=michael%20jackson%2030th

slither

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek5qfKbPPDw&search=velvet%20revolver%20slither

dlt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGjIM5oG_MU&search=dirty%20little%20thing

Slash's Snakepit - Been There Lately live

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SUnwm3I-TtI

feel free to add what you think is good since he left gnr...

those were a few quick youtubes, feel free to add
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 09:36:20 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
SADIS
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 08:52:29 AM »

I cannot even understand why people would lash out at Slash after all the music he has written while being in G n R. For me the guy is a lifetime hero......even if he can only do it with Axl it's enough for me......but can do it without Axl also; I love Contraband....there's some killer riffs on there.....

Axl hasn't done anything memorable without Slash either. I love them both. They both did amazing stuff and I will love them forever for it.....
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 08:55:13 AM »

people say shit cause they know deep down that he is one of the greatest guitarest's ever. and if hes not in GNR anymore the gnr people think he sucks now. also becouse he has not been in a band and some what out of the picture people think he is a bigger drunk and he sucks now. people say false things cause they love axl and cause slash left anything he wants to do is shitty to them. unless its joining GNR. then they will love him. imo slash is the most talented person in GNR, and Axl with out slash will never stand up to AFD or Illusions. the new album might say GNR on it but its axl roses solo project.

makane
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 09:08:54 AM »

You're getting it all wrong. It's not about what Slash has done since he "left" Axl. It's about what hes doing now with VR.
IMO I feel Slash isn't in his right "spot" right now. ie. Come on, Come in(!?)... but then that Street Child Solo is damn good?
Hes been held back in VR and Pharrel ain't gonna help him. (Slashs Snakepit vs Velvet Revolver)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 09:11:28 AM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 09:11:10 AM »

maybe in other projects it revolved more around slash ,in vr the group effort was more important that one man standing out..  Just a thought

Street child gives me chills...
makane
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 09:15:37 AM »

maybe in other projects it revolved more around slash ,in vr the group effort was more important that one man standing out..? Just a thought

Street child gives me chills...
Ye, but GN'R was a group effort also and Slash wasn't the only one getting attention.
I understand group effort, but it's not toning down Slash and making shit solos. On Contraband Slash was totally faded and ignored. Didn't see any help coming on Come on, Come in, actually it was even worse. Hopefully they're not going one step "further" on Libertad.
If Slash comes up with solos like the Street Child, why the fuck ain't they giving him the space?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
iamspartacus
Opening Act

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 09:18:53 AM »

anyone have the blackstreet slash song?

Check it here: http://www.pcplanets.com/video-49111-Fix.shtml#.

As far as people slagging off any of his post-Guns work, I honestly couldn't tell you why. I fucking loved Snakepit, Version 2.0 even moreso. Velvet Revolver? Bring it. Slash to me is the epitome of rock 'n' roll in the sense that he stays true to himself and just keeps cranking out good music. He doesn't worry too much about trends and simply sticks to his guns, which is exactly what I'm looking for with him. Now, Axl. . . that's a different story. After so many years and empty promises I damn well expect CD to be something special. I know it will be, though -- Axl's antics piss me off but I know he's got what it takes to deliver. I guess some people automatically write Slash off because of the simple fact that he quit Guns and had the brawn to move on and be succesful on his own. *shrug*

Street Child gives me chills, too.

An' gettin' used was havin' fun. . .
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 09:21:33 AM »

thanks man, all teh stars pick slash because he fucking rules.. His work on fix rocks.. peace
SourBaby
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 09:22:40 AM »

I don't rag on him!!! I think he is amazing and of course he is not going to write GNR songs in Velvet Revolver!!! I love Slash he is amazing!

"You Can Use Your Illusion Let it take you where it may, we live and learn but then sometimes it's best to walk away"
speed_stone
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 10:39:37 PM »

slash needs axl to get good solos out of himself, simple as that. nothing he has done since UYI compares at all to the level axl is playing on now.
without axl slash is nothing, although talented he's incapable of reaching gnr heights without axl. look at axl's leaked material compared to slash's officially released solos with vr, that's your confirmation of that right there.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 10:46:23 PM »

I loved the first Snakepit cd.  I have the second as well but never really got into it. 
alexh0618
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 11:26:47 PM »

slash needs axl to get good solos out of himself, simple as that. nothing he has done since UYI compares at all to the level axl is playing on now.
without axl slash is nothing, although talented he's incapable of reaching gnr heights without axl. look at axl's leaked material compared to slash's officially released solos with vr, that's your confirmation of that right there.

WTF are you on?! It's the other way around, without Slash, Axl is nothing. The man has not released an album since the real GNR broke up. Slash has released multiple albums with many bands since his days in GNR. The new leaks sound great but could you imagine what they would sound like with Slash on them. Think of TWAT, yes that guitar work by Bucket is great but Slash would put that song up there with some of the other great GNR epics such as Estranged and NR.
speed_stone
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2006, 01:31:29 AM »

WTF are you on?! It's the other way around, without Slash, Axl is nothing. The man has not released an album since the real GNR broke up. Slash has released multiple albums with many bands since his days in GNR. The new leaks sound great but could you imagine what they would sound like with Slash on them. Think of TWAT, yes that guitar work by Bucket is great but Slash would put that song up there with some of the other great GNR epics such as Estranged and NR.

i hope you at least will have the dignity to eat your own words when chinese democracy is released. good day.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2006, 03:05:29 AM »

I'll lock this.

Here's why. The Axl/Slash thing has, believe it or not, been discussed a few times here, and the thing is that no one can really bring anything new to the discussion.

Why do people rag on Slash? It varies I think. Some blame him for breaking up GN'R, some think that they should side with Axl now, some think Slash is nothing but a liar. The exact same reasons why some people think Axl sucks.

Everybody seems to focus on the irrelevant and not listen to the music and enjoy that. If you don't like something, don't listen to it. If you do like something, listen to it.

Either way, debating something like this is nothing but a waste of everyone's time.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: