Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:32:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Will Velvet Revolver Survive Chinese Democracy?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Velvet Revolver Survive Chinese Democracy?  (Read 39461 times)
Bumblefeet
Rocker

"The fuckin fighting Irish"-Axl 9/6/06

« on: June 24, 2006, 07:04:55 AM »

do you think that VR can survive chinese democracy. once it is released i think that they wont stand a chance. although i am a VR fan, i cannot see an album co produced by pharrel williams and leny kravitz a success but i hope that they prove me wrong!!! i think that the rise of gnr and the slight decline of VR,which may lead to their down fall will provide us with a reunion tour! i think that once the greatest album ever ie chinese democracy is released VR will begin to regret actions fromt the past. i also hope that the law suit will eventually bring about a mutual respect amongst slash, duff and axl!! time will tell!!!!!!! so what do you think...................................?

Oh My God, you can't deny this...it's fuckin coming!!!
Brody
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 07:06:11 AM »

Yes VR.. will have no problems because of CD...
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 07:08:44 AM »

VR already survived... they already won a grammy with contraband. the hard thing will be for Axl to top that. cuz Chinese Democracy even though highly anticipated by some, will not be very well recivied by most, specially the critics.

Chinese Democracy!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 07:09:29 AM »

Of course not. CD will kill all other bands and halt the music industry as we know it.  confused
Origen
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 07:12:22 AM »

What's VR got to do with anythink, they and GnR are two seperate bands, and their sales/albums have nothink to do with each other. I really can't see the point in this.
Nevesis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 07:14:08 AM »

Nonsense
Chinese Democracy will sell great initially because of the history of hype its riding on, and it will be a great album, don't get me wrong,
but it will not be the ground breaking masterpiece, alot of people make it out to be, my estimation is it will be GNR without out the rock, but with the overtop ballads (which is cool) mixed with a wee bit of sterotype early 90s metal (check out bridge in better) which is also cool but none of is ground breaking,
it will be an excellant album and I do look forward to it, but this is not going to be in the league of Real Guns N Roses, and Velvet Revolver shouldn't worry, as they are also selling a quality product... peace
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 07:15:52 AM by Nevesis » Logged
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 07:21:49 AM »

The album hasn't been released. So stop judging!!

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
diablo280273
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 07:43:23 AM »

Sure they will, i think Contraband was a bit rushed but now with al that touring behind them they have grown as a band. Also with all of the musical talent between them i'm sure they will come up with some decent new stuff. Quit the compatition, just be glad to have two great bands out there? ok
godiva
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 07:57:40 AM »

Bullshit. VR is a band in its own right, how would they be influenced by CD? Slash and co might get loads of questions about it in interviews, but I think for the rest GNR and VR will co-exist as they have since Slash left GNR.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 08:07:59 AM »

if anything they will help each other. you know people are goona do the whole vr vs gnr thing. the buzz will help both bands.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 08:08:16 AM »

Nonsense
Chinese Democracy will sell great initially because of the history of hype its riding on, and it will be a great album, don't get me wrong,
but it will not be the ground breaking masterpiece, alot of people make it out to be, my estimation is it will be GNR without out the rock, but with the overtop ballads (which is cool) mixed with a wee bit of sterotype early 90s metal (check out bridge in better) which is also cool but none of is ground breaking,
it will be an excellant album and I do look forward to it, but this is not going to be in the league of Real Guns N Roses, and Velvet Revolver shouldn't worry, as they are also selling a quality product... peace
Agreed.
CD won't be that great. It will be OK, not earth-shaking.

VR shouldn't worry.

I'll download it !
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 08:13:48 AM »

Velvet Revolver are only still going because of who they are and the legion of fans they brought with them from their previous bands.

If a new band had brought that album out, it would have flopped pretty spectacularly. It was only the fact that it was Slash, Duff, Matt and Scott from Guns & STP that made people buy the album.

Contraband wasn't at all worthy of critical praise, but I think it sounds like the new stuff should be better. Pharall may not know much about rock, but he will at the very least make the album less middle of the road and far less boring.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 08:18:32 AM »

Nonsense
Agreed.

VR shouldn't worry.
OMG!! MY SWEET JESUS! YOU HEARD CD?!? BLOODY AMAZING! I DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT CAME OUT!!

VR doesnt stand a chance. pharell..lenny kravitz?? PSSh.im out.
Origen
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 08:40:38 AM »

Nonsense
Agreed.

VR shouldn't worry.
OMG!! MY SWEET JESUS! YOU HEARD CD?!? BLOODY AMAZING! I DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT CAME OUT!!

OMG SO YOU'VE HEARD VRs NEW ALBUM.....No wait didn't think so.

If it isn't your thing fine, but I think this topic should of just been locked instead of just moved. I bet with mygnr being down we get alot more of these kind of topics.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2006, 09:20:15 AM »

Of course they will, I doubt they even care about CD. They are mature enough to do what they want to do.

More to the point will 'GnR' survive when it comes out? The album and band are pretty much a running joke outside of these boards anyways. An album of piano ballads with electronic beats is hardly going to change the world.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 09:34:38 AM »

Nonsense
Agreed.

VR shouldn't worry.

Of course they can make judgements about CD - they are secret co-producers of the album. Didnt you know?
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2006, 09:41:51 AM »

How would Chinese Democracy kill off Velvet Revolver. Please explain because I'm baffled. If anything the success of Chinese Democracy would renew people's interest in Guns n Roses thus increasing Velvet Revolver sales.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 12:14:10 PM »

An album of piano ballads with electronic beats is hardly going to change the world.

That's a fair and level remark.  Thanks for letting me know Better, IRS, and Chinese Democracy are piano ballads with electonic beats, I hadn't picked up on that one yet Tongue

Chinese Democracy might well overshadow VR, it won't rip the band apart but it might take some limelight away from them.  If GnR put out an EP of studio version of IRS, Better, TWAT, The Blues, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, Catcher In The Rye, and Rhiad, it would be better than anything that the former members have produced since they quit GnR.  Then there are all the songs we haven't even heard, or heard of, yet.  But GnR's new music is more ambitious, interesting and better than what was on Contraband
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2006, 12:18:23 PM »

An album of piano ballads with electronic beats is hardly going to change the world.

That's a fair and level remark.? Thanks for letting me know Better, IRS, and Chinese Democracy are piano ballads with electonic beats, I hadn't picked up on that one yet Tongue

Sorry, an album of piano ballads and weak rock tracks with electronic beats wont change the world.

Thats for correcting me chief!   ok

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
makane
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2006, 02:20:42 PM »

The question is more like will Chinese Democracy survive VR. I think the press is going to be on VR's side, but that doesn't mean too much...
One thing is for sure, they're both gonna get a lot of attention.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: