Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:08:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Will Velvet Revolver Survive Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Velvet Revolver Survive Chinese Democracy?  (Read 39462 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2007, 05:24:39 PM »

The success of Contraband and failure of Libertad...

Failure? Let's not pull the plug just yet....

Exactly.? Some are a bit premature on their pronoucements.

Let's not forget the upcoming VR/AIC tour and how that may affect how long Libertad stays around.? ?It's easily the best rock show scheduled stateside for the coming months and will no doubt have a positive impact on sales.? ?

The only problem I see with that is that Alice In Chains has no album to cross-promote with the tour.  Personally, if I were to go it would be to see VR.  I'm not sure about seeing someone else trying to recreate Layne Staley's vocals.  That guy was too unique with his tone and his amazing control of his voice.  We'll see, I guess.

Ali
slashBOG
« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2007, 09:41:51 PM »

as much as I want CD to do well, It wont happen,, It's gonna be an epic album , but It won't sell well.. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2007, 09:59:17 PM »

Ive been saying this for years

Chinese Democracy sells are not gonna be an indicator of whether or not GNR are a success.

Like "Libertad" lets see how the album after CD sells to better gauge the future of GNR.

Chinese Democracy will sell out of pure curiosity alone. If the album after that sells well also, they are gonna be around for awhile.

If the 2nd album comes nowhere close to CD,we will have the same discussions about GNR.

VR had a lot of excitement and hype when CB was released. As u can see, most of those people havent stuck around for Libertad so obviously they weren't very happy with Contraband.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Misya Rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: July 17, 2007, 07:29:14 AM »

Vr won't survive...

GNR Milan, Gods Of Metal 4th June '06
VR Milan, Gods Of Metal 2nd June '07
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2007, 07:57:23 AM »

do you think that VR can survive chinese democracy. once it is released i think that they wont stand a chance. although i am a VR fan, i cannot see an album co produced by pharrel williams and leny kravitz a success but i hope that they prove me wrong!!! i think that the rise of gnr and the slight decline of VR,which may lead to their down fall will provide us with a reunion tour! i think that once the greatest album ever ie chinese democracy is released VR will begin to regret actions fromt the past. i also hope that the law suit will eventually bring about a mutual respect amongst slash, duff and axl!! time will tell!!!!!!! so what do you think...................................?

well, over a year since this thread was started and VR released Libertad,  are embarking on a tour with AIC and low and behold, we are still waiting and wondering when Chinese Democracy will see the light of day, and with Axl and his merry men that he calls GnR on tour, it doesn't appear we are any closer to Chinese Democracy dropping than we were back when this thread was started Undecided

fucking pathetic
madagas
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2007, 02:32:15 PM »

The better question is will VR survive Libertad tanking? Undecided
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2007, 02:33:41 PM »

AFD didn't sell 100000 copies until it was out for a year Shocked
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2007, 02:43:07 PM »

You can't compare sales trends for a debut from an unknown band, to the sales figures of a band that's comprised of well known rockstars whose debut album went double platinum just 3 years ago
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2007, 04:10:59 PM »

You can't compare sales trends for a debut from an unknown band, to the sales figures of a band that's comprised of well known rockstars whose debut album went double platinum just 3 years ago

Right on.  Not at all the same situation.  Totally unfair comparison. 

Give Libertad some time before pronouncing it anything.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2007, 08:57:06 AM »

And Appetite has songs people like.  Shocked

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2007, 09:31:07 AM »

And Appetite has songs people like.  Shocked

/jarmo

that was kinda nonsense.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2007, 09:45:26 AM »

? ? ?Different bands, one has a new C.D. their 2nd. the other doesn't as of yet.? How can there be a comparison when GnR hasn't released anything yet.? I love GnR but why ask if another band can survive after another band releases a C.D. that has been in the making for more than a decade.? The possibility of Velvet Revolver falling apart because of GnR releasing a C.D. I don't think has any merit.? I posted before that I think VR will (Maybe) breakup for other reasons but not because of GnR and an impending C.D.
? ? ?This thread has too many varibles that leads to so many different areas and really seems kind of nonsensical.? ?That's just my probably usless opinion.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2007, 05:38:23 PM »

I don?t for 1 second think that CD will be the best album ever blablabla  drool I think many ppl will love it and celebrate the big return of Axl..And for just as many ppl it will just be a album that come and goes...

To the question itself..I don?t think VR will survive themselves..This supergroups never lasts...VR doesn?t wanna end up like ASIA ?  nervous

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: July 21, 2007, 01:24:09 AM »

velvet revolver will be crushed when chinese democracy comes out!  the 3 guys who were in Guns are going to regret their whole lives after deciding not to do whatever axl tells them to do, slash will take it the worst. scott will hear axl sing and realize he's not worthy of being in axls shadow.   the other guy in the band.. the one in the tuque.. he kills himself.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #174 on: July 21, 2007, 10:36:20 AM »

velvet revolver will be crushed when chinese democracy comes out!? the 3 guys who were in Guns are going to regret their whole lives after deciding not to do whatever axl tells them to do, slash will take it the worst. scott will hear axl sing and realize he's not worthy of being in axls shadow.? ?the other guy in the band.. the one in the tuque.. he kills himself.

Post of the year. I'm still laughing my fucking ass off! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2007, 11:04:02 AM »

Yep, it's the awful truth....... rofl

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2007, 07:13:26 PM »

And Appetite has songs people like.? Shocked

/jarmo

Hahaha....not to kiss ass or anything, but I found this post to be pretty damned funny.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: