Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:04:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227902 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Why is Slash running his mouth about Axl all the time?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why is Slash running his mouth about Axl all the time?  (Read 11753 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« on: November 01, 2007, 12:26:43 PM »

Why can't Slash keep Axl's name out of his mouth lately?  Undecided  I mean he's always talked about him, but ever since he started the publicity for his book its like Axl is the main topic of conversation. 

pretty lame slash.   Undecided

it seems he is trying to stir the fanbase up and trying to focus attention on him and his association with Guns N' Roses rather than the guys who are in the band now.  He is bad mouthing others who have been in the band after him on the radio.   

And from what I can see he is wrote a bunch of lame shit about Axl in his book.

I hope to God Axl never ever ever lets this fucking guy back in GnR.     He would be a fool.

What ever happened to VR?  Why isn't he talking about them and that fantastic super-duper album they released less than 6 months ago?  Undecided  is their material that weak that now he has to do promos on the radio and TV talking about GnR and Axl?
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 01:42:33 PM »

He's releasing his autobiography. Guns and Axl was a part of his life. Pretty simple really.

Also its the interviewers' who ask him about Axl, not Slash bringing him up out of the blue.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 01:56:43 PM »

I have to say I find it more than a bit interesting that he needs to release this NOW when his band's album isn't doing very well on the charts and GNR is mounting a pretty decent comeback. 

I like Slash but come on, need attention much?
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 01:57:14 PM »

...an autobiography about his life up until VR, with the main focus on his GNR years.

I don't see your point, Jim Bob. You seem to be running your mouth off about Slash all the time. You are giving all JimBobs a bad name!
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 02:04:35 PM »

Because people keep asking him about Axl....what is he supposed to do, say no comment? Its not like hes goig around saying...hey ask me about Axl. He wrote about about his life, which involved Axl in a large way.
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 02:05:44 PM »

Anyone that interviews Slash is obviously going to ask about Axl. Lets be honest, Axl is a hell of alot more interesting to people than anything VR has done. I could listen to Slash tell Axl/GNR stories all day long but if he started talking about VR I'd be bored rather quickly, and I like Libertad.
JAC185
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 02:05:53 PM »

He gets asked about Axl alot.

Axl was something of a component in GNR's success no?

If Axl had written an autobiography, it'd contain alot of stuff about Slash, and he'd probably get asked about him too.

Just the way it works if you're one half of a legendary rock n roll duo.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 02:09:58 PM »

Yea, he could say no comment and put his focus towards his own band instead of living desperately in the past. ?But we all know he isn't going to do this for fear of putting people to sleep.

Seems like Slash's hindsight vision is 20/20 now and he realizes he made some mistakes in judgement. ?

I still find it funny that he is choosing NOW to release material (his book) that is a total rehash of the past. ?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 02:10:31 PM »

I think Slash still cant accept the fact that Guns N' Roses exists without him. He seems to be obsessed with Axl and the interviewers (like us) know that and exploit that aspect.

And there's another fact: people in general are more interested to hear talking about GNR than Velvet Revolver. Slash knows that, interviewers know that, we know that.

Anyway, I still love Slash, I will always love him, but as Jim Bob said, I dont want Slash back in GNR. I think all his impressive work in GNR in the past is being little by little overshadowed by all this shit.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 02:14:40 PM »

Lets be honest, Axl is a hell of alot more interesting to people than anything VR has done.

very true.

Because people keep asking him about Axl....what is he supposed to do, say no comment?
that would be better than a lot of what he is saying.  he could follow that up with 'i haven't been associated with Axl or Guns in over 12 years and would rather not get into that.  I have a band called Velvet Revolver and we make Rock n Roll smoking "

Its not like hes goig around saying...hey ask me about Axl. He wrote about about his life, which involved Axl in a large way.
I'm quite sure as with all celebrity interviews, boundaries are discussed beforehand.

You are giving all JimBobs a bad name!
hmmmm.. maybe?   but it has nothing to do with Slash.   You should see my websites.  smoking
Bert
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 02:19:13 PM »

He's talking about Axl to promote his book, I don't think there's something behind that. I don't think he's obsessed with axl or Guns N' Roses or anything. He's been pretty quiet about it for years. And now he's talking Axl to remind people of his time in GNR so his book would sell better. I'd do the same thing.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 02:30:09 PM »

Yea, he could say no comment and put his focus towards his own band instead of living desperately in the past. ?But we all know he isn't going to do this for fear of putting people to sleep.

Seems like Slash's hindsight vision is 20/20 now and he realizes he made some mistakes in judgement. ?

I still find it funny that he is choosing NOW to release material (his book) that is a total rehash of the past. ?

a total rehash? well, ok, maybe true. but it's stories and events that people never knew and would like to read. a lot of people are interested in things and events that have previously happenened in a person's life...its called an autobiography and those books sell a few hundred million every year....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 05:20:56 PM »

He's talking about Axl to promote his book, I don't think there's something behind that. I don't think he's obsessed with axl or Guns N' Roses or anything. He's been pretty quiet about it for years. And now he's talking Axl to remind people of his time in GNR so his book would sell better. I'd do the same thing.

I personally think it's because he wants back in Guns. He knows Axl is about to release an amazing album, he probably still talks to people in the guns camp and I'm sure they have told him how good the album is. So he has to know that he would get a lot more attention with Guns, then he ever will with vr. So he is trying to get in Axl's "good books".
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 05:25:35 PM »

i have no problem with slash rejoining guns if axl is ok with the idea, it could be great.
imagine him playing on there was a time with robin, for example...

but it means one of the new guys must go.
and robin must stay, because he's the new lead and he's amazing.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 05:34:32 PM »

well he is in axl's ass
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 05:41:24 PM »

that would be better than a lot of what he is saying. he could follow that up with 'i haven't been associated with Axl or Guns in over 12 years and would rather not get into that. I have a band called Velvet Revolver and we make Rock n Roll smoking "

Yeah, he could say that... but uhhh, his book probably contains far more interesting GN'R-related stuff than VR-related stuff... and he's trying to promote his book.... sooo???

Quote from: Bandita
and GNR is mounting a pretty decent comeback. ?

It's sort of funny that they are "coming back" from their last "comeback"... ?The last couple of years have seen some successful concerts, yes... but months of no news, no album and no indication of tour dates being announced doesn't exactly represent a "comeback" that Slash is taking advantage of or stealing the spotlight from. ?confused
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 05:45:15 PM »

If you read the book you'd know he doesnt "talk shit" about Axl. And at the end of the day, him leaving GnR is something he had to do and im sure he doesnt regret it. When your in a band of that magnitude and you are an original member who helped in writing those amazing songs once you leave people are still going to want to know about it. And why cant he be proud of his legacy.

Also some of you seem to forget Slash actually KNEW Axl and as far as Im concerned that gives him a huge right to say how he feels about him, because at the end of the day its his opinion and he was there through it all.

Whoever said this stuff is overshadowing the music, you might want to rethink what you enjoy more. Is it the music or this endless back and forth? Cos all that really matters is the music.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 01:42:44 PM »

slash was pissed at scott for writing that shit about axl on his site; he thought scott had no right to talk shit about axl; he felt only he has a right to because he lived it; but I'm sure Duff and Matt also have thos privledges; just not scott hihi
[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 06:43:48 PM »

Simply because journalists ask him questions about Axl...

Why are you talkin' so much about Slash, JB ?

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 06:57:12 PM »

Simply because journalists ask him questions about Axl...

Why are you talkin' so much about Slash, JB ?

why do you care?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: