Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:12:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227905 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Why is Slash running his mouth about Axl all the time?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why is Slash running his mouth about Axl all the time?  (Read 11756 times)
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 07:37:17 PM »

Why can't Slash keep Axl's name out of his mouth lately?  Undecided  I mean he's always talked about him, but ever since he started the publicity for his book its like Axl is the main topic of conversation. 

pretty lame slash.   Undecided

it seems he is trying to stir the fanbase up and trying to focus attention on him and his association with Guns N' Roses rather than the guys who are in the band now.  He is bad mouthing others who have been in the band after him on the radio.   

And from what I can see he is wrote a bunch of lame shit about Axl in his book.

I hope to God Axl never ever ever lets this fucking guy back in GnR.     He would be a fool.

What ever happened to VR?  Why isn't he talking about them and that fantastic super-duper album they released less than 6 months ago?  Undecided  is their material that weak that now he has to do promos on the radio and TV talking about GnR and Axl?

Dude ... come on, you're a grown man ... Tongue  You know full well that Slash is hardly running his mouth off ... he's asked the same questions day in and day out and you know what ... none of his answers have been harsh on Axl.  His book is proof... while he does state things that happened, he totally always keeps saying how it's his opinion, and Axl's version will be as valid ... and always says how awesome Axl is and was and how intelligent he is/was etc ...

Seriously man ... you really shouldn't be starting these kinds of threads Wink

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 07:39:43 PM »

I think Slash still cant accept the fact that Guns N' Roses exists without him. He seems to be obsessed with Axl and the interviewers (like us) know that and exploit that aspect

That's utter crap.  Slash does fully accept the new Guns N' Roses ... in his new book he even says ... people ask him about a reunion ... and he says clearly that one is definitely not on the cards.  Have you even read the book?  It's the best source of information you'll ever get about Guns N' Roses hands down.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 07:54:20 PM »

Why can't Slash keep Axl's name out of his mouth lately?  Undecided  I mean he's always talked about him, but ever since he started the publicity for his book its like Axl is the main topic of conversation. 

pretty lame slash.   Undecided

it seems he is trying to stir the fanbase up and trying to focus attention on him and his association with Guns N' Roses rather than the guys who are in the band now.  He is bad mouthing others who have been in the band after him on the radio.   

I hope to God Axl never ever ever lets this fucking guy back in GnR.     He would be a fool.

What ever happened to VR?  Why isn't he talking about them and that fantastic super-duper album they released less than 6 months ago?  Undecided  is their material that weak that now he has to do promos on the radio and TV talking about GnR and Axl?

Dude ... come on, you're a grown man ... Tongue  You know full well that Slash is hardly running his mouth off ... he's asked the same questions day in and day out and you know what ... none of his answers have been harsh on Axl.  His book is proof... while he does state things that happened, he totally always keeps saying how it's his opinion, and Axl's version will be as valid ... and always says how awesome Axl is and was and how intelligent he is/was etc ...

Seriously man ... you really shouldn't be starting these kinds of threads Wink

i think its a valid question.   dont you see the interviews lately?   
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 07:59:03 PM »

70% of the book is about the GnR days; formation thru break-up
30% is his life befoe and after Guns

Simple math should tell you theremay be some discussion about Axl

and by Slash releasing this book; it only raises awareness of Axl and his enpending CD
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 08:00:42 PM »

It's the best source of information you'll ever get about Guns N' Roses hands down.

Oh really?

I don't doubt that it might be the "best source of information about GN'R according to Slash"......

Considering he was just 1/5 of the band, it really leaves a lot of different opinions and points of views out don't you think?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 08:06:43 PM »

what else is slash gonna talk about?? GNR was the biggest band he was in, and is a HUGE part of his life.

I do find it kinda funny he BARELY mentions Velvet revolver in these interviews though hihi rofl
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 08:07:05 PM »

I think Slash still cant accept the fact that Guns N' Roses exists without him. He seems to be obsessed with Axl and the interviewers (like us) know that and exploit that aspect

That's utter crap.? Slash does fully accept the new Guns N' Roses ... in his new book he even says ... people ask him about a reunion ... and he says clearly that one is definitely not on the cards.? Have you even read the book?? It's the best source of information you'll ever get about Guns N' Roses hands down.

Are you serious? ?Best source of information? ?It is the best source of Slash's perspective, that is all. ?That's all it can be.

Ali
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 08:25:53 PM »

I do find it kinda funny he BARELY mentions Velvet revolver in these interviews though hihi rofl

thats kind of the point i was getting at.. i mean didn't they just release an album?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2007, 08:58:49 PM »

thats kind of the point i was getting at.. i mean didn't they just release an album?

Jim Bob, noboby gives a fuck about VR's past cause all too new still.  What story is there to tell?  Stories about him as a 40 year old don't interest me compared to when he was 20-28....  What would he talk about?  How he works out and does less drugs?  We want stories from when he was in his prime, pulling pussy and on top of the world.  Not about changing diapers on his kids.  Ha!
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2007, 10:43:53 PM »

I really can't understand why people care so much about everything Slash says.
For gods sake, are you people so touchy when it comes to anything Axl that you have to try to 'defend his honour' at any mention of his name that isn't from gunsnroses.com?
Get over it and just listen to the damn music.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2007, 10:50:11 PM »

JB, he was aksed about it, thats why, and the general public is interested in the subject. Simple as that.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2007, 04:35:19 AM »

Why can't Slash keep Axl's name out of his mouth lately? Undecided I mean he's always talked about him, but ever since he started the publicity for his book its like Axl is the main topic of conversation.

pretty lame slash. Undecided

it seems he is trying to stir the fanbase up and trying to focus attention on him and his association with Guns N' Roses rather than the guys who are in the band now. He is bad mouthing others who have been in the band after him on the radio.

I hope to God Axl never ever ever lets this fucking guy back in GnR. He would be a fool.

What ever happened to VR? Why isn't he talking about them and that fantastic super-duper album they released less than 6 months ago? Undecided is their material that weak that now he has to do promos on the radio and TV talking about GnR and Axl?

I don't accept your premise as valid, but your conclusion is dead on; you hit that nail square on the head.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2007, 11:20:09 AM »

It's the best source of information you'll ever get about Guns N' Roses hands down.

Oh really?

I don't doubt that it might be the "best source of information about GN'R according to Slash"......

Considering he was just 1/5 of the band, it really leaves a lot of different opinions and points of views out don't you think?

/jarmo

Well, to get 1/5 of the story sure as hell beats not getting any side, dont you agree? And that he still talk to Duff and Matt like every day, and talks with Steven, Izzy (who still talks with Axl) Gilby, Teddy ZigZag and a lot of the people, from the record label, management, the mutual friends of GnR , the former body guards, the girls and all, you'de think he would put out a pretty accurate perspective of the time he spent with the band? I've seen that some of you have made a point of Slash saying he dosent remember like 3/4 of the past, but as he seems like a smart guy, and not a retard, I hope you understand that it is figurative speaking, not to be takes as proof of his memory? And the book publisher usually have to check facts when names are mentioned due to legal issues, so Im pretty sure they checked things that was unclear, and probably left out stuff that they were unsure of.

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2007, 12:15:49 PM »

It has a lot of intresting stories from the early days that I did not know about-of course everyone from Steven Adler to the members of the second Snakepit will have a different version of what happened-no different than any other book.

libertad
guns_n_motley
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2007, 12:46:30 PM »

It has a lot of intresting stories from the early days that I did not know about-of course everyone from Steven Adler to the members of the second Snakepit will have a different version of what happened-no different than any other book.

which is why they should do a book like the dirt. give EVERY member their own story of GNR. old and new. The saga of GNR

its just cool though to get a glimpse into GNRs history even if its only from 1 member
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2007, 01:51:22 PM »

JB, he was aksed about it, thats why, and the general public is interested in the subject. Simple as that.

and they ask slash because they can't ask axl, and axl/GNR is more interresting then whatever stuff slash is doing without them.. true story  Wink
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2007, 04:35:54 PM »

Oh really?

/jarmo

Considering 4/5 of the band aren't making their opinions and viewpoints available in book form, the poster's original comment is accurate and didn't need correcting.  As long as there are no other sources of information from within the band, this one has to the best.  Hands Down.   hihi
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2007, 05:19:02 PM »

I agree with the original post.? This guy is always talking about Axl, Axl, Axl ... talk about VR stop talking about the band you quit over 10 years ago.? If you have no regrets leave Axl out of your vocabulary.?

Just watched the Conan interview, hard nothing about VR .... didnt they just come off a huge tour ? ... is he still in the band ....? does nobody care about VR ....?

Javier Ochoa
Banned
Opening Act

Rockin' Slash!

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2007, 05:34:47 PM »

Slash will always be a part of Guns N' Roses.

He is the one who plays the lead guitar on the records, so......don't cry boys.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2007, 06:34:02 PM »

Not crying.  He is one of the main reasons GNR was so successful.  But at the same time he is in a band that he hardly promotes and it all comes back to GN'R. He usually insinuates all the GNR talk too and at the same time says he moved on yada yada yada ... but every interview is always GN'R not VR.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: