Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:38:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Williams Riley Band Help Slash Go Country
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Williams Riley Band Help Slash Go Country  (Read 2419 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: January 17, 2009, 10:44:15 PM »

Williams Riley Band Help Slash Go Country

Posted Jan 13th 2009

Although they've only been together for about six months, the Williams Riley Band can already boast an impressive list of collaborators, including legendary rock guitarist Slash. The former Guns N' Roses member takes a stab at country on the band's self-titled debut album, which also features Edwin McCain and Bryan White, among others.

http://www.theboot.com/2009/01/13/williams-riley-band-help-slash-go-country/

The Village Idiot: How was it recording ?Road & Me? with Slash?

Williams: It was pretty intimidating at first, because you hear a lot of stories about Guns ?N Roses. At least two of the members had been brought back to life after drug overdoses. He is the biggest rock star in the world. ... Slash is one of the nicest guys I?ve ever met in my life. I was pleasantly surprised that I wasn?t going to get a guitar busted over my skull. He was easy to work with, he liked the song. He had been listening to the song, he said ?Man I love it, it?s a great song to play to, you can let it rip.? I said ?What I want you to do is knock Nashville on their ass. I want them to say wow. Knock them on their ass.? What else are you supposed to get from Slash? I don?t want him to play the fiddle. I want people to know that the greatest rock star in the world is playing on my record.

VI: Will he be playing with you guys on tour any?

Williams: Absolutely. That was one of the last things we talked about. We knew there were going to be some key shows in the next four to five months. ?If I?m not busy, I?ll come on stage and be there playing with you,? (he said). It may be a secret and a great surprise when it happens, but he will walk out on stage with us, absolutely.

The new Williams Riley Band cd featuring Slash, Edwin McCain, Bryan White, Lauren Lucas and Greenville native Spencer Rush is available for sale at the online store at www.goldenmusic.biz

Songs On CD:

I'm Still Me (featuring Bryan White)
Makes Me Go La La
I Wish I Would Have Said That (featuring Lauren Lucas)
How Many Ways (featuring Spencer Rush)
Take Me Back
Once Upon A Time
Because You Love Me
Good Times (featuring Spencer Rush)
I Believe In Love
Two Kinds Of Love
Better Man (featuring Edwin McCain)
Road & Me (featuring Slash from Gun's & Roses)

Listen to the song here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=175399009

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 06:30:15 AM »

That sounded pretty cool.. not what I expected though, after reading this post I expected a country song.. this is more rock

I like Slash's guitarsound, he should've sounded like this on VR's albums
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 03:40:50 PM »

snakepit.org

The Williams Riley Band has been together about six months. SLASH takes a stab at country on their self-titled debut album. We don't know where you can get the album. We've searched the internet with no luck so far, but we'll keep trying.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 04:56:06 PM »

not what I expected though, after reading this post I expected a country song.. this is more rock

They are described as a Country Rock Band.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: