Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:54:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 428461 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2012, 05:20:47 PM »

So, um...can we ask the obvious question:

If it was being filmed in 3d..there must have been a reason.   Obviously, they're going to release SOMETHING, at some point, using the footage.

Do we have any insight as to what and when?

I would flip for a home release.  My 3d TV and I would be in heaven. Smiley

My thought on this is maybe it's the reason they scraped the London theatrical release? I'm sure there will be a home release too, but my guess is the whole 3D thing is meant for theaters. Only because 3D TV's aren't THAT mainstream quite yet.

I believe they could release a regular 2D Bluray from the same footage along with the 3D version.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2012, 06:32:00 PM »

So, um...can we ask the obvious question:

If it was being filmed in 3d..there must have been a reason.   Obviously, they're going to release SOMETHING, at some point, using the footage.

Do we have any insight as to what and when?

I would flip for a home release.  My 3d TV and I would be in heaven. Smiley

My thought on this is maybe it's the reason they scraped the London theatrical release? I'm sure there will be a home release too, but my guess is the whole 3D thing is meant for theaters. Only because 3D TV's aren't THAT mainstream quite yet.

I believe they could release a regular 2D Bluray from the same footage along with the 3D version.

Oh yeah, for sure. Just at this point it seems the 3D was meant for theaters. Either way, I can't wait!! They were cameras all over the damn place!

Axl is God.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2012, 08:05:31 PM »

I hope the cameras captured the power of GN'R on stage in Las Vegas. With two more shows to go, the shows have been amazing!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2012, 12:30:08 AM »

I don't know about power but it looks like the guys are having a great time!  Love Ron's picture and his right hand movement.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2012, 08:32:45 PM »

/jarmo

Just noticed that Franks kind of got a GN'R tattoo, he's got a star on his neck behind his ear.  hihi Frank rocks!!!...  love

Nice photos jarmo, I especially love the Richard one as well.
ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2012, 08:57:30 PM »

jarmo pls stop deleting my post, last post i didnt say anything bad
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2012, 09:22:42 PM »

jarmo pls stop deleting my post, last post i didnt say anything bad

Please stop posting bullshit.

The band didn't play anything new? They added Catcher In The Rye, There Was A Time and Don't Let It Bring You Down into the set. Bumblefoot has a new solo. They also added The Seeker which was never played before these shows into the set.

Stop fucking whining about setlists for shows you're not attending and I'll let you post.

Go troll somewhere else if that's what you're trying to do.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2012, 09:51:34 PM »

Is Vegas the only place that Axl can be levitating for November Rain? It can't be done for future concerts elsewhere? Looks spectacular in photos but don't think any footage I've seen does it justice - I guess Vegas would be more equipped for that kind of thing.
ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2012, 09:54:52 PM »

those are covers with songs that were played before, i mean NEW GNR SONGS. btw the song bumblefoot chose to play was something right, im not whining im discussing cuz it says: Everything GN'R related, including DISCUSSIONS about present members. there is no discussion here, i criticise the band a little, minimal thing, and you delete a post. even when someone is not trolling., that doesnt happen on message boards
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2012, 10:04:23 PM »

If you can't love the GNR set lists at these shows you'll never be satisfied. Seeing TWAT both nights made the shows worth it for me

ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »

I love TWAT, i mean that, people where expecting new gnr songs for this shows cuz it was like the perfect moment, the hard rock hotel gnr themed, the elevators, the mini gnr "museum", etc. im not hatting gnr on this forum, i was just discussing. i think its bad that if someone says something criticizing what gnr does it gets deleted, i was not even trolling with a reunion or shit like troll people do.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2012, 11:03:53 PM »

So, I told the wife that now we have to get a 3D TV so I can watch the DVD of the show I attended (she stayed in the room), and she said ok. It is why I love her and married her. She tolerates my indulgences like flying to Vegas to see Guns and lets me go alone so I can enjoy in my space.  ok

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2012, 02:22:18 AM »

I love TWAT, i mean that, people where expecting new gnr songs for this shows cuz it was like the perfect moment, the hard rock hotel gnr themed, the elevators, the mini gnr "museum", etc. im not hatting gnr on this forum, i was just discussing. i think its bad that if someone says something criticizing what gnr does it gets deleted, i was not even trolling with a reunion or shit like troll people do.

The weight of expectation about new songs, is the "fans" problem, not GNR's. If and when they feel comfortable with playing something new, they will. Just as they have with CITR, TWAT, The Seeker and so on for these shows. 

If you don't like the shows as they are, just stop following these shows then.

It's so f*ckin easy...
TOS--LOA
Headliner

But I love the swing-set..

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2012, 03:10:07 AM »

As far as the setlist for the Appetite For Democracy Vegas shows goes I have to say that I'm a little bit disappointed but not at all surprised. Axl seems to be really reluctant to stray outside of his comfort zone. Which you really can't blame the guy for with everyone from journalists to bloggers to youtube commenters to casual fans just waiting to rip his performance to shreds for no good reason. I guess it's just frustrating to us die hards who know damn well that GNR has a huge arsenal of amazing songs to draw from each and every night but more often than not choose to play the same few songs over and over. But at the end of the day it's Axl's show and whatever makes him happy and makes him feel that he's putting on the best show that he possibly can.  I personally did not at all expect any new material during this residency but I did expect all the songs from Chinese Democracy to be played over the course of the twelve shows.  I really thought they would be featuring that album more especially given that they've already played all of those songs numerous times on different tours.  I'm also surprised that they didn't bring out Oh My God and Think About You or even You're Crazy. In the back of my mind I was also kinda hoping for a UYI chestnut like Yesterdays or Pretty Tied Up to surface. Just curious to see what this band could do with those songs I guess. Having said all that I still give GNR props for busting out Catcher and TWAT and from the bootlegs and videos that have surfaced thus far the band and Axl seem to be putting on a hell of a show each and every night!

Scott
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2012, 03:19:08 AM »

Plus they seem to be enjoying it, Axl is smiling through the 3hrs which is so good to see. I keep visualising him & Izzy as youngsters not knowing all these years later they'd be sharing these special moments after 25yrs. Bet they didn't imagine that when they first became friends back home.
J.Hanover
Opening Act

Been a fan for 24+ years!

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2012, 03:44:54 PM »

How is playing for 3+ hours and a average of 30 songs a night just playing a small sample of GN'R's songs? Did any of the people complaining/discussing go to any of the Vegas shows? It was a great show and if you didn't read about what it was about, it was AFD 25 year anniversary and they played a lot from that album. 30+ songs and 3+ hours of live performance and some people aren't happy. What I think is as long as it's the new line-up and not the old-line up you people will never be happy.
 If you listened to any of the guys in the band comments you would have heard that when they were in Vegas is when they "hopefully" will/would be working on a new material. Don't know if that happened but DJ has a studio in his house and they did hang out there some and there's was plenty of time for them to get together. They spent a whole month in Vegas and I don't think anybody left Vegas the whole month including Axl. Somehow I don't think they gambled and drank the whole time but I might be wrong.
 Now if Jarmo deletes your post there has to be a reason for it and it's his site, deal with it! If you don't like it go kick rocks somewhere else. It's a fan site, not a whinny little bitch site. GN'R is his family and if you were talking trash about my family I'd do the same thing!

1st GN'R Show 10/22/1989!
Just took my 13 yr old son to the 11/9/12 show
Now he's hooked!
ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »

How is playing for 3+ hours and a average of 30 songs a night just playing a small sample of GN'R's songs? Did any of the people complaining/discussing go to any of the Vegas shows? It was a great show and if you didn't read about what it was about, it was AFD 25 year anniversary and they played a lot from that album. 30+ songs and 3+ hours of live performance and some people aren't happy. What I think is as long as it's the new line-up and not the old-line up you people will never be happy.
 If you listened to any of the guys in the band comments you would have heard that when they were in Vegas is when they "hopefully" will/would be working on a new material. Don't know if that happened but DJ has a studio in his house and they did hang out there some and there's was plenty of time for them to get together. They spent a whole month in Vegas and I don't think anybody left Vegas the whole month including Axl. Somehow I don't think they gambled and drank the whole time but I might be wrong.
 Now if Jarmo deletes your post there has to be a reason for it and it's his site, deal with it! If you don't like it go kick rocks somewhere else. It's a fan site, not a whinny little bitch site. GN'R is his family and if you were talking trash about my family I'd do the same thing!

fuck, i was not talking any trash! i never said the shows sucked or that 30+ songs where bad!
CBGNR
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2012, 06:20:49 PM »

The funny thing is that if Gnr were to throw in a couple brand new songs in vegas I guarantee people would start complaing again within a month or less  for something different or that they dropped a song they liked and should have dropped something else and on, and on, and on, and on and on.And on. yes
ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2012, 07:24:26 PM »

The funny thing is that if Gnr were to throw in a couple brand new songs in vegas I guarantee people would start complaing again within a month or less  for something different or that they dropped a song they liked and should have dropped something else and on, and on, and on, and on and on.And on. yes

well, i agree with you haha
J.Hanover
Opening Act

Been a fan for 24+ years!

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2012, 12:02:25 AM »

ignaliza- My whole quote was not directed at you except the last paragraph talking about Jarmo and the GN'R family. It was directed at the people who seem to complain the most are the one's who didn't make the trip to Vegas. Now some that did go did have some minor complaints and that mostly had to do with VIP's and signs and mic's and it was all handled well, a lot of it by Jarmo himself. It just gets old when you hear people complain that didn't even attend the show, they are going off set lists and you tube clips that are recorded on peoples phones (not high quality).
 I just think if a band plays for 3+ hours and plays on average 30+ songs a night, over 12 shows done in one month at the same venue and all 12 shows kicked fucking ass there's not a lot of room to bitch about.

And Ignaliza, if you weren't bitching or complaining what was it that got Jarmo so fired up. I know he doesn't like trolls and he can smell them from a mile away.

1st GN'R Show 10/22/1989!
Just took my 13 yr old son to the 11/9/12 show
Now he's hooked!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: