Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:08:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Batman "The Dark Knight"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman "The Dark Knight"  (Read 83331 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2008, 07:22:23 PM »

The more time that passes, the more I realize just how much I loved this movie, and I'm certain I'll be seeing it again soon.   There is so much to take in, and so many performances worth seeing a second time, not to mention I really want to appreciate how double-sided and complex virtually all of the Joker's actions were.  In the meantime, I'm curious as to how others responded to the film (really minor spoilers here, I guess):

Did anyone else jump when "Batman" hit the window while Dent and the mayor were talking?

The truck-flipping scene elicited gasps and cheers from the people in my showing....very cool.

And as much as I enjoyed the movie from start to finish, does anyone else think Bale's growly-Batman voice seem both ridiculous and funny at times?  The first few times he used it, I almost laughed out loud, but by the end, it all made sense again...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2008, 07:36:33 PM »

i'm going to wait a week or so to see this, but i'm very excited.   i read the spoilers, i dont give a shit.  hihi
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2008, 07:43:03 PM »

The more time that passes, the more I realize just how much I loved this movie, and I'm certain I'll be seeing it again soon.   There is so much to take in, and so many performances worth seeing a second time, not to mention I really want to appreciate how double-sided and complex virtually all of the Joker's actions were.  In the meantime, I'm curious as to how others responded to the film (really minor spoilers here, I guess):

Did anyone else jump when "Batman" hit the window while Dent and the mayor were talking?

The truck-flipping scene elicited gasps and cheers from the people in my showing....very cool.

And as much as I enjoyed the movie from start to finish, does anyone else think Bale's growly-Batman voice seem both ridiculous and funny at times?  The first few times he used it, I almost laughed out loud, but by the end, it all made sense again...

yeah, like everyone in the audience jumped when he hit the window.  hihi

The funniest part of the movie has to be the disappearing pencil.   rofl

I watched Batman Begins the afternoon before I went, and only then did I notice the voice. I guess it makes sense that its diguised so people cant identify him. 
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2008, 07:49:07 PM »

Oh yeah, I jumped hihi

That pencil scene really set the tone for what the Joker was going to be. Great set up "I'm going to make this pencil disappear"

Also the guy falling 2-3 stories feet first, and graphically, was an eye opening moment as well.
"This fall isn't enough to kill me"
"I'm counting on that"

I wouldnt be surprised if there is an R rated version of this movie that could be released on DVD.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2008, 08:12:33 PM »

What surprises me is that it *wasn't* rated R.  All in all, that's one disturbing movie in terms of violence, dark themes, and....well, just plain creepiness.

As for an R-rated version, Nolan has said in many interviews that he hasn't and typically doesn't shoot extra footage, and sticks to the written script.  Since there aren't any deleted scenes to speak of, I'm thinking this will be the only version we see.

And I'd actually forgotten about the "disappearing pencil" bit.  Thanks for brining that one up again.   beer
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2008, 09:11:41 PM »

Just got home and I must say, this movie is absolutely incredible!!!!!!! WOW!

As much as  I thought Batman Begins sucked, this movie made up for it.

This is by far the greatest superhero movies ever and YES one of the best overall movies I've seen Period.

I was absolutely mesmerized by this movie

Christian Bale totally redeemed himself in my eyes as I found him to be very good in this movie. I still think Batman Begins was a letdown due to the horrible villain. Everyone Protagonist needs an equal Antagonist and thats what u got in this movie.

The way the Joker is done in this movie though, he is like an Anti Hero but I actually was cheering for him. Its because he actually had REASONS for the things he done. Kind of like in the Saw movies where everyone leads to their own fate etc.

He had his reasons and most were pretty dead on. Especially his social commentary on human beings.

Heath Ledger was so phenomenal I dont even know where to begin. When I watch Movies, I really study actors *which is why I think Johnny Depp is the greatest* 

I like seeing how someone OWNS the character. So many read lines off the page, they act, they use their personality etc.

Ledger WAS THE JOKER. I guess thats how u can say it and why his shits all over Nicholson's and kicks it off the face of the earth

when u watch Nicholson, it looks like Jack Nicholson playing the joker. voice, face, walk, etc etc

With Ledger, I mean every idiosyncracy, the way he speaks, the way he flicks his tongue like a serpent, his mannerisms, I mean the GUY was living this character and it explodes off the screen.

Story was excellent, character build up was amazing, shocking twists i didnt see coming and the ending with Two Face is maybe the only somewhat weak area *still not sure what happend??* 

The pencil was hilarious but I cracked up the loudest when he was holding Rachel out the window and Batman says "Let Her Go"  which the joker replied "Poor CHoice of words"  hahahahhhahahahahahahahhaha

AM i the only one that got watery eyed at the end of this movie?  I've loved and followed Heath  Ledger's career since 10 Things I hate About You and I just couldnt help but reflect and feel horrible of the life he had ahead of him.  His final scene got me choked up and Im not afraid to admit that.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 09:13:33 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2008, 09:22:55 PM »

Just got home and I must say, this movie is absolutely incredible!!!!!!! WOW!

As much as  I thought Batman Begins sucked, this movie made up for it.

This is by far the greatest superhero movies ever and YES one of the best overall movies I've seen Period.

I was absolutely mesmerized by this movie

Christian Bale totally redeemed himself in my eyes as I found him to be very good in this movie. I still think Batman Begins was a letdown due to the horrible villain. Everyone Protagonist needs an equal Antagonist and thats what u got in this movie.

The way the Joker is done in this movie though, he is like an Anti Hero but I actually was cheering for him. Its because he actually had REASONS for the things he done. Kind of like in the Saw movies where everyone leads to their own fate etc.

He had his reasons and most were pretty dead on. Especially his social commentary on human beings.

Heath Ledger was so phenomenal I dont even know where to begin. When I watch Movies, I really study actors *which is why I think Johnny Depp is the greatest* 

I like seeing how someone OWNS the character. So many read lines off the page, they act, they use their personality etc.

Ledger WAS THE JOKER. I guess thats how u can say it and why his shits all over Nicholson's and kicks it off the face of the earth

when u watch Nicholson, it looks like Jack Nicholson playing the joker. voice, face, walk, etc etc

With Ledger, I mean every idiosyncracy, the way he speaks, the way he flicks his tongue like a serpent, his mannerisms, I mean the GUY was living this character and it explodes off the screen.

Story was excellent, character build up was amazing, shocking twists i didnt see coming and the ending with Two Face is maybe the only somewhat weak area *still not sure what happend??* 

The pencil was hilarious but I cracked up the loudest when he was holding Rachel out the window and Batman says "Let Her Go"  which the joker replied "Poor CHoice of words"  hahahahhhahahahahahahahhaha

AM i the only one that got watery eyed at the end of this movie?  I've loved and followed Heath  Ledger's career since 10 Things I hate About You and I just couldnt help but reflect and feel horrible of the life he had ahead of him.  His final scene got me choked up and Im not afraid to admit that.

After reading this i really can't wait to see it. Since you were so hard on batman begins this must've really blown you away.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2008, 09:28:45 PM »

Oh hell yeah

Too bad u can only give 10/10 on movies. this movie is one of those that lasts 2 and  a half hours but it feels like 30 minutes. U are sad to see it end its so good.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2008, 09:32:05 PM »

I've seen a few people say its too long and others say it moves fast sometimes too fast.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2008, 09:38:20 PM »

People who didnt like this, Im gonna bet they were either 'Sleepy" or just not in a mood to watch an epic flick.

Sometimes that makes all the difference in the world.

Sometimes people just dont like it.

me not being the biggest Batman fan however, I can't see how someone couldnt.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2008, 10:01:07 PM »

You know, I still stand by my previous comment about Nolan not having any Deleted Scenes or extra footage for the DVD release - I'll try to find the quotes and source later, in fact - but I just came across this as well:

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/node/37515

What's not so good?

1. I believed Harvey's turn to vengeance against corrupt cops and mobsters -- but his final turns against Batman and Gordon's family felt rushed and chatty to me. There's apparently a three-hour cut of this film floating in Nolan's editing bay, and I'm wondering how much more of Two-Face's final rampage is on it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2008, 10:13:41 PM »

Yeah the Two faced thing was a little rushed, nowhere near as rushed as the Venom in Spidey3 but I would've liked to have seen a little more.

Although his turn was actually built up by the Joker the entire movie and his speeches about humans and how when things are good etc etc but when things are bad everyone turns to chaos etc.

Harvey was a great man when his life was in order and he was the man and happy

as soon as something bad happened and he was faced with adversity, he did like so many humans do and lost his integrity and faith.

I just dont understand what happened at the end. Didnt Batman go against his principle??

Also, I thought Batman used the sonar cause the Joker damaged something that didnt allow him to see out of his mask or something............ not sure...........

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2008, 11:09:33 PM »

D - not sure if this will answer your question or not, but concerning the ending:  Batman and Gordon were discussing how the Joker was essentially trying to corrupt the city's soul.  He took Dent, the brightest hope they had - and essentially broke him, leaving Two-Face in his wake and bringing ruin to all the good the three of them had accomplished.  Batman did *not* go against his principle - he didn't take a life - but instead took the blame for the deaths Two-Face caused, leaving Dent's legacy as a hero intact for the good of the city.  As a result - and in order to prevent the Joker from "winning" - Batman is now perceived as both a killer and a fugitive, and Gordon agreed to the deception and will now essentially have to hunt Batman down in order to preserve the lie and keep Dent's original, altruistic efforts - and the city's hope - alive.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 11:11:54 PM by bazgnr » Logged
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2008, 11:18:34 PM »

Also, I thought Batman used the sonar cause the Joker damaged something that didnt allow him to see out of his mask or something............ not sure...........

Maybe I just didnt register that part, it happens at 2:30 in the morning  hihi
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2008, 11:36:12 PM »

Forgot one of the funniest scenes, dont want to give away anything though.

When the Joker leaves the Hospital after talking to Harvey Dent. That was excellent physical comedy by Ledger that went far beyond the outfit he was wearing at the time. hihi

Fuck, I havent been able to stop thinking about this movie.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2008, 12:16:08 AM »

Just watched it it was great!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2008, 01:16:04 AM »

Thought this movie was mind blowing. I watched Batman Begins again a few nights ago to get in the feel (I watched that in the theaters as well)

This movie was even better. The Joker was awesome and it's really hard to explain in my own words what made this movie so great but it just felt like I was really into it. I really think the Batman Character/Actor is the best version we've had. he definitely fits the part to a tee both in and out of the suit.

Batman is my favorite super hero and I'm so glad that this movie has done justice to the franchise. I liked the original 2 Batman movies then everything up till Batman Begins was crap. These last 2 movies have been amazing and I'm confident that the next one will be great too, I'm confident they will make yet another.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2008, 01:22:46 AM »

I just dont understand what happened at the end. Didnt Batman go against his principle??

Do you mean the fact that he took blame? No that's just Batman being the real "Hero".

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2008, 01:26:06 AM »

Oh hell yeah

Too bad u can only give 10/10 on movies. this movie is one of those that lasts 2 and  a half hours but it feels like 30 minutes. U are sad to see it end its so good.

Yeah as it came to an end I was kind of thinking wow I hope there's more can't be over already!

www.bluejayfever.com

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2008, 01:55:08 AM »

Forgot one of the funniest scenes, dont want to give away anything though.

When the Joker leaves the Hospital after talking to Harvey Dent. That was excellent physical comedy by Ledger that went far beyond the outfit he was wearing at the time. hihi

Fuck, I havent been able to stop thinking about this movie.

OH yeah Kujo

that was one of my favorite parts. After a few days I'll talk more in detail but I dont want to spoil that part as u said, so Im not gonna go into specifics. but the comedy there is just off the charts

Im gonna go catch another showing of this Monday.

BAZGNR SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasnt talkin about that ending, I understood that, I was wondering how exactly twofaced died? Did the impact from the fall kill him? thats what I was saying, wouldnt that have went against Batman's principles if he killed Two Face?

Also, anyone else think that Batman, when he talked sounded like Jim Carrey in "Me,Myself and Irene when he would turn into Hank. "Vagisil on Aisle 2"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: