Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:58:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227876 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Rumsfeld Resings!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumsfeld Resings!!!  (Read 5864 times)
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 05:11:59 PM »

This is an indication that Cheney's days are over and Daddy Bush is now calling the shots. Robert Gates is a Daddy Bush stooge who steps in to clean up Jr's messes.

Newsweek agrees with Bud Fox Smiley

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15627055/site/newsweek/

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 08:08:58 PM »

Hallelujah.......all I can say is finally.? Robert Gates isn't that great of choice either.? He's just another Bush family crony who's had a history of shadiness with the Iran-Contra scandal.

Yeah, that worries me too.? but at least its a change.? Does the senate have to approve this change?? Hmmm, the VA race just got even MORE interesting Smiley

The outgoing Senate will have a confirmation hearing to accept it.  I agree with Webb, who wants the incoming Senate to do the hearing.  I'm pretty sure Gates will be confirmed and get the position.  Then he'll start his web of deceit just like he spun in the 80's under the Reagan Administration. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 10:58:21 PM »

Good ol' Rummy, stickin' by his boss right to the bitter end.  Did everybody here catch the press conference with Bush, Gates, and Rummy?  He still thinks 25 years down the road, historians will look glowingly back at this administration's policies......I want what he's smokin'!   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 11:01:02 PM »

Good ol' Rummy, stickin' by his boss right to the bitter end.? Did everybody here catch the press conference with Bush, Gates, and Rummy?? He still thinks 25 years down the road, historians will look glowingly back at this administration's policies......I want what he's smokin'!? ?hihi

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt!!!  rofl  Whatever they've been smoking the past 6 years....I don't know if I want any part of that. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 03:36:35 AM »

Good ol' Rummy, stickin' by his boss right to the bitter end.  Did everybody here catch the press conference with Bush, Gates, and Rummy?  He still thinks 25 years down the road, historians will look glowingly back at this administration's policies......I want what he's smokin'!   hihi

I laughed at that with Mrs. Punk earlier today. The notion is preposterous: Ignore the mess now, but one day we will look back and see the true genius of our current leaders.............. Roll Eyes
sandman
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 08:56:03 AM »

Good ol' Rummy, stickin' by his boss right to the bitter end.? Did everybody here catch the press conference with Bush, Gates, and Rummy?? He still thinks 25 years down the road, historians will look glowingly back at this administration's policies......I want what he's smokin'!? ?hihi

it happened with reagan. when many people felt the way you feel about his administration.

but what do you expect him to say? this is all politics. everything they say is calculated.

i'd be pissed if i was a republican running for office on tuesday, ended up losing a close race, and a day later rummey resigns. it's like "thanks, but couldn't you have done that a few months earlier?"  hihi

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 09:00:28 AM »

it happened with reagan. when many people felt the way you feel about his administration.

but what do you expect him to say? this is all politics. everything they say is calculated.

i'd be pissed if i was a republican running for office on tuesday, ended up losing a close race, and a day later rummey resigns. it's like "thanks, but couldn't you have done that a few months earlier?"  hihi

I think the republicans really fucked up on that one. Diddnt Rumsfeld try to resign 2 seperate occasions in the past & Bush would not let him?

I think the Democrats realize now that they have power they have to accomplish something with it since 2008 is not far away. This is a good thing for the USA. People will have to work together, that hasnt happened in awhile.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2006, 09:48:16 AM »

i'd be pissed if i was a republican running for office on tuesday, ended up losing a close race, and a day later rummey resigns. it's like "thanks, but couldn't you have done that a few months earlier?"? hihi

Reagans approval ratings never came close to GW's.? He had a set of very vocal critics, mostly in regards to his economic policy (which GW's daddy can probably thank for his short stay in office) but his administration had nowhere near the number of blunders we're seeing here.  And Reagan's foriegn policy was lauded even by his most vocal critics.

As for Bush announcing earlier...it's a double edged sword.? On one hand, you get the "Look, I'm trying to do something here so vote for our party..." positive spin.? On the other you get both the "It's a calculated move to influence the elections" and the "He's admitting he's made a mistake" bad press.? It would have been risky.? Waiting makes him look a lttle bit conciliatory, regardless if the process started days before the election (to me, that just shows they saw the writing was on the wall) or not.? Maybe, just maybe, it buys him a bit of political capital with the incoming legislature, too.

Do you all realize that EVERY state that Bush campaigned in....the repubs lost the race.? Owch...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GeraldFord
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 09:56:13 AM »

i'd be pissed if i was a republican running for office on tuesday, ended up losing a close race, and a day later rummey resigns. it's like "thanks, but couldn't you have done that a few months earlier?"? hihi

While conservatives may think highly of Reagan, there is not a general consensus that he was a great leader, by any means.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2006, 10:11:00 AM »

While conservatives may think highly of Reagan, there is not a general consensus that he was a great leader, by any means.

Reagan helped end the cold war, so he'll always have that associated with him in the history books. He was the last president we had that went out of office with a very high approval rating.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GeraldFord
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2006, 10:18:02 AM »

Clinton left office in the 60s I believe, not sure about Reagan.

And I refute any claim that says Reagan ended the Cold War. The USSR fell because for years they tried to have guns and butter, they were overextended, and fell apart. I know that "tear down this wall" is a good soundbyte and all, but the USSR would have fallen no matter who was in the oval office, Nixon said as much in the early 90s.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 10:19:55 AM by GeraldFord » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 01:52:11 PM »

Reagans approval ratings never came close to GW's.? He had a set of very vocal critics, mostly in regards to his economic policy (which GW's daddy can probably thank for his short stay in office) but his administration had nowhere near the number of blunders we're seeing here.? And Reagan's foriegn policy was lauded even by his most vocal critics.

As for Bush announcing earlier...it's a double edged sword.? On one hand, you get the "Look, I'm trying to do something here so vote for our party..." positive spin.? On the other you get both the "It's a calculated move to influence the elections" and the "He's admitting he's made a mistake" bad press.? It would have been risky.? Waiting makes him look a lttle bit conciliatory, regardless if the process started days before the election (to me, that just shows they saw the writing was on the wall) or not.? Maybe, just maybe, it buys him a bit of political capital with the incoming legislature, too.

Do you all realize that EVERY state that Bush campaigned in....the repubs lost the race.? Owch...

i'm assuming you're joking about liberals liking reagan's foreign policy. i was only in grade school but i remember thinking we were gonna get attacked by a nuclear bomb becuase of liberal scare tactics.

and there was a study by historians that ranked reagan as the 10th best prez of all time.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 02:06:20 PM »

He's back to work now, no worry.............

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2006, 02:21:34 PM »

HAHA, that pics great ok
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2006, 02:27:21 PM »

I was very glad to see that this morning when I woke up! Very good news to start the day! Smiley

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2006, 09:41:05 PM »

There is a God, unfortunately, he is 6 years too late.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2006, 09:43:02 PM »

whats hes resinging?

No one gets your joke but me.  hihi
Good one.
The same thing occurred  to me--what  is he resinging?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: