Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:43:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Job Interview Questions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Job Interview Questions  (Read 1915 times)
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« on: August 13, 2010, 12:37:02 AM »

I am currently looking to change companies, and started the interview process with a firm this week. I interviewed with the manager who would be my immediate supervisor, as well as one of her counterparts immediately after wards per her request. At the end of the interview, she asked if I would be available the next day for a 2nd round of interviews with her. I said yes and met with her today.

The first interview last roughly an hour and a half, with the 2nd lasting 2 and a half hours. I also met with one of the employees who I would work closely with and was able to ask questions about the job. At the end of this interview today, I was asked if I could arrive at 9 AM Monday morning to meet with the company president, as well as spend some time out in the office with the staff. I was told to expect to be there for at least 3 hours.

My question is, how far along am I in the hiring process? At my current position, I met with 3 people, but did so on the same day, and none were executive level. I've interviewed for quite a few positions lately, but this one really jumps out at me. While I don't mind going through an extended process, I would be pretty bummed if I spent 8 hours with their company to not be offered the position.

Any insight would be much appreciated, as this is new to me.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 12:44:38 AM »

Usually, if you are asked to meet the company president, that's the last step. Also, didn't you have a recruitment associate from HR managing the whole process? You can ask them outright how far along in the hiring process you are. Big corporations usually have multiple interview stages like this, so I wouldn't worry about it. It is disappointing if you don't get it at the last stage, but that's how these things are.

Fuck 'Em All.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 01:47:01 PM »

No, I have had no contact with HR.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 02:26:29 AM »

I am currently looking to change companies, and started the interview process with a firm this week. I interviewed with the manager who would be my immediate supervisor, as well as one of her counterparts immediately after wards per her request. At the end of the interview, she asked if I would be available the next day for a 2nd round of interviews with her. I said yes and met with her today.

The first interview last roughly an hour and a half, with the 2nd lasting 2 and a half hours. I also met with one of the employees who I would work closely with and was able to ask questions about the job. At the end of this interview today, I was asked if I could arrive at 9 AM Monday morning to meet with the company president, as well as spend some time out in the office with the staff. I was told to expect to be there for at least 3 hours.

My question is, how far along am I in the hiring process? At my current position, I met with 3 people, but did so on the same day, and none were executive level. I've interviewed for quite a few positions lately, but this one really jumps out at me. While I don't mind going through an extended process, I would be pretty bummed if I spent 8 hours with their company to not be offered the position.

Any insight would be much appreciated, as this is new to me.

Sounds like you got the job if this meeting goes right, last update was 13 days ago, did you get the job?

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 04:44:31 PM »

I recently interviewed for 3 hours and met 3 high level employees. They asked that I follow that up with an interview with their corporate office. I left that feeling like I had nailed it...and then.....nothing

It did not work out, but the point is that you just never know. I can be one little thing that pushes them towards someone else over you, even if you were the most qualified.

Take your shot and don't over-analyze it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: