Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:40:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  WHO WOULD JESUS KILL?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHO WOULD JESUS KILL?  (Read 29720 times)
Dust N Rose
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2005, 06:44:41 PM »

God of the old testament is fake. Go check the God of the new Testament and you'll see there is huge diffrence. It's not only Leviticon, the whole old testament ships water. It's a typical jewish history book with a lot advices for the jewish way of life.
kathryn2662
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2005, 07:50:34 PM »

God is Mean.? Here are just SOME things that god has said "according to the bible" that kinda scare me.

1) God says that anyone who eats fat should be cut off from his people. Leviticus 7:23 "Say to the Israelites: 'Do not eat any of the fat of cattle, sheep or goats. you must not eat it. Anyone who eats the fat of an animal must be cut off from his people.

2) A man cannot "discharge" form his "member" 'When any man has a bodily discharge from his member, the discharge is unclean 'Any bed the man with a discharge lies on will be unclean, and anything he sits on will be unclean. Anyone who touches his bed must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening. Whoever sits on anything that the man with a discharge sat on must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening.
? But this is the BEST part:? 'If the man with the discharge spits on someone who is clean, that person must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening.

3) Dont be gay, no sex with animals!!! : 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable. 'Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.?

This is What happens if you do any of the above: 'Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the aliens living among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.

4) DONT HAVE TATTOOS!!? ?'Do not put tattoo marks on yourselves." ? (Well I guess Slash is a Sinner!?!)

Now Here are some Punishments for SIN

a.? 'If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother, and his blood will be on his own head.
b.? 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
c.? If a man marries both a woman and her mother, it is wicked. Both he and they must be burned in the fire, so that no wickedness will be among you.
d.? 'If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he must be put to death, and you must kill the animal.? (Oh come on WHAT DID THE ANIMAL DO?! - except for be VERY VERY sexual? Kiss)
e. If a man lies with a woman during her monthly period and has sexual relations with her, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them must be cut off from their people.
f. 'A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.' "

There is SOOO much, all in Leviticus From what god DOSENT WANT offered to him, to how many reasons there are for the people to stone you, and not be in trouble!!!? God isn't nice.? And you know what, everyone has permission to stone me now because, " 'If anyone curses his God, he will be held responsible; 16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Whether an alien or native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death"

So long cruel world!!!!? peace

Well actually, God isnt about do's and dont's.  And He does NOT say that you have to obey that in order for Him to love you and have a relationship.  God isnt looking for perfect people, He is looking for people who are hungry for Him.  It's not based on rituals, or commands, it's based on love, through which your love for Him results in your own CHOICE to live a life towards Him and a life of not settling for sin, and His love in return blesses you for that.  God did not create sin, people act like He creates all the bad things in this world, sin comes with consequence because the enemy get pleasure in our pain, bad things happen from sin and the reason why God says to not do sin is to protect us from the consequence, and dont feast with the enemy, because the enemy decieves you into thinking he's the good but he stabs you in the back.  Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.  And you have the choice to sin or not, and God doesnt hold your sins against you, and He does not force you to not sin in order for Him to love or bless you.

kathryn2662
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2005, 07:55:41 PM »

God of the old testament is fake. Go check the God of the new Testament and you'll see there is huge diffrence. It's not only Leviticon, the whole old testament ships water. It's a typical jewish history book with a lot advices for the jewish way of life.

Exactly, there is a HUGE difference.  The reason in that, is because the old testament represents the old way of life, but the new testement is exactly what it says, it's new life, Jesus came in and brought newness of Life.  It's about rebirth.  The old testement holds great and amazing teachings, but the walk to live is in the new testement.  The old way was crucified on the cross with Jesus, and the new way was risen from the grave with Him, it's an example of life. God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.  He didnt change by something new happening, it was the plan all along, it just hadnt happened yet.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2005, 09:42:38 PM »

Both of those gods (new and old testament) suck ass. 

I prefer to worship Axl.   hihi
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2005, 10:38:56 PM »

Both of those gods (new and old testament) suck ass.?

I prefer to worship Axl.? ?hihi

Amen to that  peace  hihi

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2005, 01:00:52 AM »

Robertson is a certifiable kook, to use a technical term.

If Robertson got up tomorrow, looked out his window, and said the sky was blue, I'd know damn well that some odd atmospheric event had turned the sky purple with pink polka dots.

Robertson is a great example that there are extremists in all faiths.....and they're NEVER a good thing.

Funny you say that....

http://www.funnystrange.com/quiz/
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2005, 05:52:14 AM »

I was late for this one ... I will just react to the article posted  Grin

Wasn't chavez elected ? Is not that way a democratic country is supposed to work ?

The force ... the force ...
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2005, 07:36:36 AM »

Exactly, there is a HUGE difference. The reason in that, is because the old testament represents the old way of life, but the new testement is exactly what it says, it's new life, Jesus came in and brought newness of Life. It's about rebirth. The old testement holds great and amazing teachings, but the walk to live is in the new testement. The old way was crucified on the cross with Jesus, and the new way was risen from the grave with Him, it's an example of life. God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He didnt change by something new happening, it was the plan all along, it just hadnt happened yet.

Read the New Testament I dare you

Corinthians (2) 6.14

"Don not try to work together as equals with unbelivers, for it can not be done. How can right and wrong be partners?How can light amd darkness live together "

There's lots more and worse than this but I'm not reading the bible again to find any

God is the same in all the scriptures: vengeful, not that there's anything wrong with that

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2005, 07:55:37 AM »

I was late for this one ... I will just react to the article posted? Grin

Wasn't chavez elected ? Is not that way a democratic country is supposed to work ?

No... Not when it's not pleasing mr. Robertson.

And about God... I think anyone who takes bible, or any holy book of their religion word for word, should think again. You know I'm too stupid to think of a grand theory myself, so I just basically listen to different sources and make up my mind based on them. Here are some thoughts/quotes that are pretty close to mine:

"If you know the history of the bible, and how it was written in these almost dead languages, and then translated and then retranslated into other languages and then retranslated by monarcs (sp?) based on their whims... and all this shit and people interpret it in their own way... and you sit there, and after all this shit, and realise that the bible was written thousands of years ago by people, when people were even dumber, than we are today.. Think about that. Go outside, and wait 'till the bars empty out. Fucking go home - watch FOX-tv... and realise that the bible was written by people who are even dumber than all of these motherfuckers... that's the bible you're reading and has been read to you for generations. It's insane to believe in that shit..."

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
kathryn2662
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2005, 09:28:56 AM »

Exactly, there is a HUGE difference. The reason in that, is because the old testament represents the old way of life, but the new testement is exactly what it says, it's new life, Jesus came in and brought newness of Life. It's about rebirth. The old testement holds great and amazing teachings, but the walk to live is in the new testement. The old way was crucified on the cross with Jesus, and the new way was risen from the grave with Him, it's an example of life. God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He didnt change by something new happening, it was the plan all along, it just hadnt happened yet.

Read the New Testament I dare you

Corinthians (2) 6.14

"Don not try to work together as equals with unbelivers, for it can not be done. How can right and wrong be partners?How can light amd darkness live together "

There's lots more and worse than this but I'm not reading the bible again to find any

God is the same in all the scriptures: vengeful, not that there's anything wrong with that

smoking Izzy? smoking

Dont get me started.  Read the new testement?  I live it.
And I can list a million verses that speak of His love and His promise of no condeming.  I dont understand why you point that verse out like it's unprofoundly wrong, you dont udnerstand why it was said, and what the action is to be done after that verse, it doesnt speak of hate or condemnation and enemies between believers and non-believers, that's just how you are choosing to look at it.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2005, 11:14:34 AM »

Well actually, God isnt about do's and dont's.  And He does NOT say that you have to obey that in order for Him to love you and have a relationship.  God isnt looking for perfect people, He is looking for people who are hungry for Him.  It's not based on rituals, or commands, it's based on love, through which your love for Him results in your own CHOICE to live a life towards Him and a life of not settling for sin, and His love in return blesses you for that.  God did not create sin, people act like He creates all the bad things in this world, sin comes with consequence because the enemy get pleasure in our pain, bad things happen from sin and the reason why God says to not do sin is to protect us from the consequence, and dont feast with the enemy, because the enemy decieves you into thinking he's the good but he stabs you in the back.  Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.  And you have the choice to sin or not, and God doesnt hold your sins against you, and He does not force you to not sin in order for Him to love or bless you.

Great post I actually have the same opinion as you do  ok
The world is base in choice, wether they're good or bad.

No man can be my equal
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2005, 11:42:45 AM »

I know for a fact that God speaks of killing people who displease him in the new testament. ?I cant quite recall the exact verse but its in pslams, the later chapters I believe.

and you can't say that god didnt create sin, because he did, he had to have created it. ?otherwise, who did?

god is creator of all, you can't just turn around and say he didn't create something. ?man wouldn't sin if he didn't have those god-given tendencies to begin with. ?it's that simple whether ya like it or not. ?remember, satan was born in heaven too. ?and he wouldn't have just decided to be evil on his own. ?he had to have had those tendencies instilled in him from day one, by the CREATOR. ?god created evil to make himself look good, otherwise he wouldn't have had any other way of doing so, because you cant have good without evil.

Good point. Why hath he forsaken us? Sad

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 01:43:11 PM »

Bridge, considering that Psalms is in the OT I highly doubt your factual knowledge about what God says about death in the NT. 

Don't let a jackass like Pat Robertson influence your views on religion.  He does not speak for the majority of Christians.

Jesus was the original rebel, he was hated by the church establishment and he did not have many nice things to say about them.  I would speculate that Robertson would be somebody that Jesus would be fighting against/
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2005, 02:38:07 PM »

Now, Mr. Robertson is advocating the kidnapping of Chavez...

WASHINGTON - Conservative U.S. evangelist Pat Robertson, who called for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, said on Wednesday he was misinterpreted and there were a number of ways to "take him out" including kidnapping. "I said our special forces could take him out. Take him out could be a number of things including kidnapping," Robertson said on his "The 700 Club" television program. "There are a number of ways of taking out a dictator from power besides killing him. I was misinterpreted," Robertson added.

I realize that there are extremists to everything... some people are willing to take just about anything too far, as is the case with Mr. Robertson. 

I don't allow these so called christians affect my viewpoint of christianity.  I let my own bad experiences as a former christian, and my own bad experiences with christians affect my viewpoint of christianity.  I think that most religion is a farce... not slamming any particular religion, I am equally disenchanted with all of them.
kathryn2662
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2005, 05:33:21 PM »

You can't say that god didnt create sin, because he did, he had to have created it. ?otherwise, who did?

god is creator of all, you can't just turn around and say he didn't create something. ?Man did not choose to sin, for man wouldn't sin if he didn't have those god-given tendencies to begin with. ?it's that simple whether ya like it or not. ?remember, satan was born in heaven too. ?and he wouldn't have just decided to be evil on his own. ?he had to have had those tendencies instilled in him from day one, by the CREATOR. ?god created evil to make himself look good, otherwise he wouldn't have had any other way of doing so, because you cant have good without evil.

anyway, All religions are man's pathetic way of explaining how the universe got here, no more, no less. ?For there are 100 zillion planets, stars, and galaxies in this universe. ?I mean, what, do they all have their own bible and their own jesus? ?our planet and all religions are specks of dust under the universe's feet. ?everything we know is trivial in comparison to all that is out there. ?this whole damn planet could explode tomorrow and all of us could perish, and I promise you the universe wouldn't shed tears over it.? It was here long before us and it'll be here long after.? ?It saddens me to see that christians (and all religions) think they are god's special little creatures, in the face of this vast, neverending universe that totally dwarfs them in relevance.

Religion is just man's egotistical way of making himself feel important.

Acutally, He didnt create sin.  He created Lucifer, who BY CHOICE created and lived in sin, there for he was kicked out of Heaven.  Adam and Eve BY CHOICE sinned and that is why by human nature we sin.  Our actions arent pre-destined, they are by our own free will of choice- not a pre-planned action God created for you, same with the devil, God did not pre-destine him to create or sin, he chose to do that himself.  The reason why God doesnt do do away with sin, is because He is letting us have our own free choice.  I mean wouldnt you hate it if you had a parent who forced you and told what to do and what not to do, well He's not like that, He gives us a choice, and He wants to see who really makes a sacrifice to follow Him not just following Him because He "controls and demands it".  God doesnt need evil to make Him look good.  And how are you so 100% sure on how things work and dont work.  Why is not possible that things just cant create?  Things work different in Heaven then they do on earth, on earth we only can concieve the idea that there is a start and finish and things are products of previous things, well sin wasnt a product of a previous thing or thought, it was just created.  And dont pin everyone into religion.  Religion is was screws up and gives God a bad a name, and dont pin me as a religious person, religion is the enemy.  Jesus isnt a religion, He's a relationship, and you arent a christian by going to church and knowing bible facts, it's about developing and growing in relationship with Jesus.  You're right in saying it's man's egotistical way, religious people go on power trips and they distort the word of God and that's why people dont know the truth, religion is man made, and following God is not following man's made rules of the church and their take on the bible.

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2005, 05:54:51 PM »

You can't say that god didnt create sin, because he did, he had to have created it. ?otherwise, who did?

god is creator of all, you can't just turn around and say he didn't create something. ?Man did not choose to sin, for man wouldn't sin if he didn't have those god-given tendencies to begin with. ?it's that simple whether ya like it or not. ?remember, satan was born in heaven too. ?and he wouldn't have just decided to be evil on his own. ?he had to have had those tendencies instilled in him from day one, by the CREATOR. ?god created evil to make himself look good, otherwise he wouldn't have had any other way of doing so, because you cant have good without evil.

God is not a puppet master. He doesn't make people do what they don't want to do. We were all given free will and strong minds.

People made the world evil, not God. I guess it's just easier for some people to blame God, because they're irresponsible and selfish.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 06:39:50 PM by journey » Logged
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2005, 05:59:36 PM »

Actually Rocket Queen, I'm going to have to disagree with ?you. ?You can't create ?something without there being a flipside. ?You can't have light without dark, otherwise the light means nothing. ?You can't be good without having created the essence of evil. ?

To quote the bible: ?Isaiah 45:7 ~ "I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things."

Proverbs 16:4 ~ "The Lord has made everything for his own ends, even the wicked for the evil day."

This christian god entity that christians believe in, if he is the creator of all, he then created evil as well as good. ?It doesn't follow that you would call him the creator of all, and then turn around and say... well he created everything except evil. ?it doesn't work that way. ?He can't be all knowing without having full knowledge that lucifer would turn and that man would sin.? Even if you are going to give full credit to Lucifer for the evil ways of the world, you must somewhere down the line acknowledge that the creator of all had something to do with Lucifer's creation, even the part that would one day give Lucifer the ambition to eventually turn against his own creator.? If this god is all knowing, he created lucifer knowing this was inevitable.?

It only follows naturally that for everything that has been, there is also the polar of that thing. ? Which means, without darkness, who can truly know the light exists? ?Without evil, who is to know what good is? ?Without truth, how is one to discern a ?falsehood?

POPmetal
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2005, 10:29:11 PM »

Yeah, Pat Robertson is the real problem.

Forget the fact that Chavez led a failed coup in which 18 people were killed.?

Forget the fact that he aids the FARC communist terrorist organization.

Forget the fact that after he was elected, he packed Venezuela's electoral council to ensure that he will continue to win elections "democratically" in the future. He's now a dictator for all intensive purposes.

Forget the fact that Chavez has demolished freedom of the press in Venezuela.

But no, that's no big deal. No one seems to care about that. In fact, the left considers him a hero because he curses America every chance he gets. No! The real problem is that a Christian had the gaul to say something bad about a communist. Those Christians should learn to keep their mouths shut and march to the beat of the new Marxist world order. Lest they be ripped to shreds by the Marxist media of the world.

I don't agree that Chavez should be assassinated, and I don't like Pat Robertson much, but I believe that he has the right top say it. He should not have had to apologize.

The first amendment is dead! Only dirty smelly hippy communists have freedom of speech these days.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2005, 10:57:33 PM »

Yeah, Pat Robertson is the real problem.

So, its bad if OBL says this...but if Robertson calls for the same action, we should condone it?

This man is a buddy of Bush and claims to be a Christian, yet he spews this on the air?

Freedom of speech sure......and also freedom of speech to say I don't like what he is saying.

Not to mention is is pissing off a country that supplies us with 15% of our oil and has already threatened to cut it off from us because of our actions abroad. Do you have any idea of what will happen to this economy is even 10% of our oil supply is cut off?

kathryn2662
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2005, 11:29:39 PM »

you can cut my words down by down, it doesnt make you right.  yes i do KNOW Jesus.  If He walked on the street, as He's in my heart, as He's in my life changing it daily, I feel and see Him through His actions and words He puts in my life and heart.  He took me out of a psychotic world my mind created and a dark place I built myself and did a 180 on my life the moment I made the decision to hand my life into His hands, I didnt even know what I was doing or asking for, I just prayed in the spirit and watched God do His thing and take my life and turn it into the most glorious thing beyond words, that life He promised we were born to live.  You didnt prove anything and I didnt contradict myself.  He isnt a religion and Jesus Himself talks of that.  You havent experienced it, so you cant say it's not true, until you have a true encounter with Jesus working into your heart and into your life- a true revelation, then you cant say it's not real because I can give thousands of people including myself the works and miracles He has done and glory He has promised, I watched it, Ive seen it, Ive witnessed it, Ive felt it, Ive lived it, Ive experienced it, and all of that daily and growing more everyday.  You have a huge attitude towards me and all because you dont agree with me, which is very close minded.  No points what so ever have proven close to truth of the remarks that were made towards me and my God.  Im not replying back in "defense", Im clearing stating that I know what I speak is truth, because I first hand live it. This world is going to change, and I guarentee you wont be saying these same words in years to come, I say that in Godly confidence and belief, and Im not expecting at all for you to believe that, and I know you will roll your eyes, but Im not.  And I believe more in people then they believe in themselves, and I believe a lot for your life.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: