Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:29:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Renditions
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Renditions  (Read 27214 times)
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« on: December 05, 2005, 08:40:21 PM »

Let me make a wild guess on another subject....I bet all your liberals are against the use of renditions by the US.  Am I wrong?  Are you all just so upset at the use of such an aweful "and btw legal" tactic?  Or can you at least see the wisdom is using renditions to thwart future terror crimes?  Can you see the intelligence in rendering someone to a country with less human rights blockades in order to extract infomation that could save thousands of innocent lives (the US denies this happens but I personally think it happens)?

Of course, I'm all for it because it reeks of common sense.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 08:56:54 PM »

Let me make a wild guess on another subject....I bet all your liberals are against the use of renditions by the US.  Am I wrong?  Are you all just so upset at the use of such an aweful "and btw legal" tactic?  Or can you at least see the wisdom is using renditions to thwart future terror crimes?  Can you see the intelligence in rendering someone to a country with less human rights blockades in order to extract infomation that could save thousands of innocent lives (the US denies this happens but I personally think it happens)?

Why not answer the questions everybody is asking you? Instead of running away to start another thread?

You "don't have time" to answer tough questions. But you do have time to start another thread......

Kind of like when you would not debate me because you "didn't have the time", but yet have had plenty of time since to come back and blast away your racial slurs, lies and slander as always.

Funny how that works isn't it?
Sterlingdog
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 10:51:46 PM »

Anyone care to explain what Renditions are?  I've never heard the term. 
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 02:31:18 AM »

Anyone care to explain what Renditions are?? I've never heard the term.?

I believe Charitys referring to the extraordinary renditions currently being carried out by the U.S. in which terror suspects are secretly transferred to countries with less stringent human rights standards so they can ostensibly be tortured more easily. 

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 07:52:51 AM »

I believe Charitys referring to the extraordinary renditions currently being carried out by the U.S. in which terror suspects are secretly transferred to countries with less stringent human rights standards so they can ostensibly be tortured more easily.

Well how could anyone possibly be against that?

You're certainly going to win the ideological battle against the terrorists by torturing people. No more muslims will take arms against you now. A brilliant plan if ever there was one.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 10:24:41 AM »

You're certainly going to win the ideological battle against the terrorists by torturing people. No more muslims will take arms against you now. A brilliant plan if ever there was one.

Hey, no need for sarcasm - its okay to torture these people, they don't look like us and therefore....for some reason never fully explained, they aren't as good Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 10:27:34 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 03:22:10 PM »

Hey, no need for sarcasm - its okay to torture these people, they don't look like us and therefore....for some reason never fully explained, they aren't as good Roll Eyes

Never trust a man in a moustache, thats what ma granpappy used ta tell me Tongue

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 04:34:21 PM »

Let me make a wild guess on another subject....I bet all your liberals are against the use of renditions by the US.? Am I wrong?? Are you all just so upset at the use of such an aweful "and btw legal" tactic?? Or can you at least see the wisdom is using renditions to thwart future terror crimes?? Can you see the intelligence in rendering someone to a country with less human rights blockades in order to extract infomation that could save thousands of innocent lives (the US denies this happens but I personally think it happens)?

Well, in my case at least, you guessed right. Let's not forget that the majority of suspects deported for rendition are just that, SUSPECTS, they have not yet been convicted of any crime, and in the recent case, you may have seen it in the news, a German man being arrested in the Middle East and held in custody by the CIA and alledgedly deported for rendition, only to discover it was a case of mistaken identity. Who's to say that the prisoner could not be in the middle of illegal torture when it is discovered he is not at all guilty.

And even with that possibility the whole rendition protest is immoral, how can a country who preaches to the rest of the world about being civilised and setting a democratic example partake in such a progress without stopping to think what they are doing? And all you conservatives can laugh all you want about bleeding heart liberals and what you see as their like of ideas in Iraq, at least liberals can have the pride of saying they don't condone torture.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 03:58:15 AM »

I love the bullshit you guys put out.

On one hand you claim to be "spreading democracy".

On the other hand you do everything you can to destroy it. Torturing suspects, holding people without charging them, using propaganda to win the public over (a clear contradiction of democracy if there ever was one), and calling people traitors who don't agree with you.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 08:16:19 AM »

I believe Charitys referring to the extraordinary renditions currently being carried out by the U.S. in which terror suspects are secretly transferred to countries with less stringent human rights standards so they can ostensibly be tortured more easily.?

Yes.  Although tortured is a politically incorrect word and we wouldn't want the liberals here to stay up at night thinking of how the poor terrorists are being tortured.  Let's just say that we render them to countries like Pakistan, Egypt and Jordan where they have people better suited to extract important information that could potentially save thousands of lives.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 08:24:18 AM »

condie is doing a tour of europe *trying to explain* what happend.

im still puzzled. i can't undestand how a country with kid raised in polical correctness, disney morals, movies about *weaks surpassing the strongs*, about the power of *rebels* and *ethic*, how a country that raise its kids with that kind of culture... can end up having kids like Charity Case ?
didnt you mommy buy you Disney movies when you were kid ? did u recieve enough love ? were you rooting for darth vader in the star wars movies ? Smiley

how do yo say " the goal does not jusitify the means ? " ?

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 08:29:12 AM »

I love the bullshit you guys put out.

On one hand you claim to be "spreading democracy".

On the other hand you do everything you can to destroy it. Torturing suspects, holding people without charging them, using propaganda to win the public over (a clear contradiction of democracy if there ever was one), and calling people traitors who don't agree with you.

Thank god you are safe and sound in Tampa and don't have to make tough decisions regarding the livs of Americans. ?We are all thankful of that.

renditions are smart people. ?Let's say you get a high ranking Al Qaeda member who you suspect has information regarding future terroist plans. ?We know these people are working on striking us again in the US. ?Now let's say the use of sodium pentathol and other accepted methods of interrogation don't work. ?Are you going to wait around in the hope that this guy gives up the information, or are you going to be proactive in protecting innocent lives? ?Who in their right mind would be against rending a shithead like that to Egypt to get their government (who don't see human rights through rose colored glasses) to extract information?

I for the life of me don't see how anyone can be against this. ?Roll Eyes

slc, you need to get over the bullshit that you spew about "what this country stands for" and "what our founders thought" and "speading democracy on one hand, but.." ?Do you have the capacity to understand this is war? ?Do you want to win or lose? ?is it better to win and torture a few or to lose and not torture? ?I think we all know that prevebting terrorism requires extracting information fom people in the know. ?As can be seen on the news every day...all is fair in war. ?If rendering a terrorist dirtbag (who for some reason you seem to care about) saves thousands of lives (people you don't seem to care about), who would be against the use of torture. ?We're not saying to use torture on every prisoner, just in rare cases when we know or are alsmost certain that the prisoner has very valuable information. ?Who gives a shit about the bullshit "what America stands for" line of crap. ?That is infinitaly less important that protecting American lives.

I heard on the radio this morning (no I don't have proof at hand) that a large majority of Americans, Britians and Japanese support the use of torture in rare occasions such as I have described. ?Again I don't have th proof whereas I just heard it on the radio, but i can see where that would be the case. ?I suspect that a large number of liberals can see the wisdom in this.

I'll say it again, thank god the republicans are in office. ?
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 08:34:06 AM »

condie is doing a tour of europe *trying to explain* what happend.

im still puzzled. i can't undestand how a country with kid raised in polical correctness, disney morals, movies about *weaks surpassing the strongs*, about the power of *rebels* and *ethic*, how a country that raise its kids with that kind of culture... can end up having kids like Charity Case ?
didnt you mommy buy you Disney movies when you were kid ? did u recieve enough love ? were you rooting for darth vader in the star wars movies ? Smiley

how do yo say " the goal does not jusitify the means ? " ?

lol, I was raised by conservatives who use common sense to outweight useless drivel such as political correctness.  By the looks of my country, there is at least 50% of us raised this way.  I also grew up on disney.  Smiley  I have annual passes actually for the wife and kids.  But disney is escapism, not reality.  In the real world I was taught to look at issues using common sense (i.e. if you torture 5 men to save 5,000 that makes sense).

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 08:57:08 AM »

This thread still going? Must be deserving off a lock....

Charity Case, your so profoundly naive it makes me wonder if you've ever actually left your house

If the CIA decide that maybe your parents are evil 'traitors'' and without evidence or a trial, ship them off to Bongo-Bongo land to be beaten up, u'd be all for that? A system where anyone can be dragged off in the night and held forever for any reason?

Read up on Nazi Germany, they based most of their ideas on present day America...no wait, other way round.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Sterlingdog
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 12:08:06 PM »

I for the life of me don't see how anyone can be against this. ?Roll Eyes

Maybe I can explain it to you...its called morals.  Some things are just wrong, no matter how many ideas you can come up with to justify them.  Someone may be the biggest dirtbag on earth, but that won't change the fact that torture is morally wrong.  You are religious, correct?  Does your God approve of humans torturing other humans? 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 12:56:46 PM »

This thread still going? Must be deserving off a lock....

Charity Case, your so profoundly naive it makes me wonder if you've ever actually left your house

If the CIA decide that maybe your parents are evil 'traitors'' and without evidence or a trial, ship them off to Bongo-Bongo land to be beaten up, u'd be all for that? A system where anyone can be dragged off in the night and held forever for any reason?

This is a good idea, maybe they could start with Charity.

He'd be a 'crybaby liberal' as soon as the first wave of electricity hit his nuts (assuming he had them.)
RichardNixon
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 12:59:41 PM »

Torture is a very bad idea. Under duress, prisoners will say anything. Also, it's inhumane and will tarnish the image of the US even further (like that's possible).
SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2005, 01:02:26 PM »

Torture is a very bad idea. Under duress, prisoners will say anything. Also, it's inhumane and will tarnish the image of the US even further (like that's possible).

Of course it is inhumane. We can't march around the world "spreading democracy" then go directly against it at the same time with torture and propaganda.

We either are a democracy or we are not.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2005, 01:05:31 PM »

Of course it is inhumane. We can't march around the world "spreading democracy" then go directly against it at the same time with torture and propaganda.

Oh but we can! All we need to do is deny we do it and then accuse those people who challenge us of being ''un-patriotic'' - its so deviously clever! confused

Quick! To the bandwagon!
RichardNixon
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2005, 01:07:35 PM »

We either are a democracy or we are not.

Aren't we a Republic? Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: