Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:12:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  General Babble
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Babble  (Read 13413 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #220 on: October 29, 2023, 12:23:43 PM »

Aww, Matthew Perry died.  Best known as Chandler Bing from Friends.  He struggled his whole life.  Don't know his story, just heard things along the way.  He has a book, don't plan on reading it.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #221 on: October 30, 2023, 04:36:57 PM »

When they say weighted blanket, they mean weighted!  I'm not sure why my granddaughter wants one of those.  I would feel claustrophobic with that on top of me.  I want to be wrapped up in soft and warm.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #222 on: October 30, 2023, 05:01:28 PM »

That's amazing, my wound is almost healed.  I started taking 500 mg vitamin C and 25mg Zinc.  I had this problem before where my sink tears easily, I get blood under the skin from the slightest bump and it takes forever for a wound to heal.  Has only been a week since I've been taking the vitamins.  That wound had been open for at least a week.  Was just looking at it Saturday thinking it was looking bad.  I've got a couple of spots that healed over but the skin was like a white scab.  That's healing too.  I forgot to ask the doctor how long I take this.  Before, at some point, I quit taking them and I was good until last year.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #223 on: October 31, 2023, 11:38:08 AM »

Pancake art! Who knew?  I feel a whole new world opening up for me.   Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #224 on: November 02, 2023, 05:16:28 PM »

I like the new Stones' single, Bite My Head Off.  The new Beatles song I only got to hear part of and was okay with not hearing the whole thing.  Might get a chance to hear it again but I wasn't all that impressed.  Kind of cool you have the Stones and The Beatles with new stuff out at the same time.  Seems like old times.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #225 on: November 04, 2023, 09:45:44 PM »

It's a kind of have to.  The neighbor is starting her own baking business out of her house.  She gave me some free samples so I should order something.  And she does make cheese cakes.  And I am having a garden meeting at my house.  Only four people including me so only one cheese cake.   hihi

They've been playing Christmas movies all day.  Never liked Home Alone and Christmas Vacation.  How many times will they show those?  I've got the oldies channel this year.  Give me some Holiday Inn and White Christmas.  Cheesy  There's a song in one of those movies, "we'll follow the old man where ever he wants to go, long as he wants to go."  Reminds me of my dad.  It's for a retired general but my dad always took us off on adventures.  Good guy, miss him.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 09:54:13 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #226 on: November 05, 2023, 11:57:49 PM »

I picked up Susan from the office the other night we were making candles.  There's a certain amount of quilt not being there.  Left the kids and left my coworkers.  38 years in child welfare is enough.  There's nothing nice about that office.  Who would want to be there?  It's kind of not an option until it is.  And then you come home and GNR is playing The General.  I can deal with the child abuse just not the office.  People use to ask me how do you deal with that?  The kids are easy.  They are in front of you now, are safe and you can deal with things.  The paperwork, the changing policies, lack of staff is what wears you out.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 12:04:04 AM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #227 on: November 06, 2023, 04:31:38 PM »

Had to go to the grocery store to get my covid shot.  They had all the Halloween candy on sale.  I got chocolate!   Cheesy  They updated my immunization card.  She thought I might need it if I travel.  Are they still doing that?  I've kind of lost track of covid.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2023, 05:34:29 PM »

They have the Reese's Christmas peanut butter cups in the store!  I got the Christmas tree.

Anyway, I'm going to back off a while with the off topic.  GNR is gone, I'm not doing anything interesting and I don't really care to see what the rest of the world is up to.  I think I've babbled myself out.   hihi  All's well.  You know when I get bored, I always end up into something.  I look forward to a new adventure.   Cheesy  No idea what that is.

Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: November 08, 2023, 08:02:55 PM »

Well, I'll miss reading your babbling updates, it's interesting.  hihi

By the way, I prefer the new Beatles song, it's strange and emotional at the same time.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #230 on: November 08, 2023, 10:26:27 PM »

It's just a normal life.  I find typing it out helps me to be present in, not letting the days go by.  

I still haven't heard the whole Beatles song.  You'd think I would since I'm on that channel a lot but I always seem to be pulling into parking when it comes on.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2023, 07:11:04 PM »

Grandson's first birthday party today.  He's such a happy little camper.  He spent the night with me last night.  His first time.  We got by on cat toys and kitchen stuff.  hihi  He's crawling and definately tuned into the world.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #232 on: November 20, 2023, 01:27:26 PM »

I was thinking why make a list if you're just going to do it all in the same day?  Got home and was ready to mark a lot off.  Only two things!  What's all this other shit I just hauled into the house?  hihi

I did hit my savings goal!  Some folks owed me money.  Celebrate that for the moment because it won't be there at the endof December.  I hit it earlier in the year but there was still along way to go so why not spend some of it?  All good purchases because taking money out of savings is a killer for me.  I'll get it back up there again but I've kind of ear marked that because there will still be a lot fo the year left and I'm not planning on dying just yet.  hihi  I've got my eye on the kid's shower.  They already want a new shower door.  Not going to help with that surround.  I hate those surround showers.  Look cheap and they don't clean up well.  I'm already regreting letting Craig put in fiberglass tubs in my bathrooms.

Anyway, a new shower door opened up the conversation.  Turns out my SIL hates the surround too.  Her's willing to install a new shower with his buddies if I buy the supplies.  My daughter likes the surround.  Snidely says this isn't our forever home when I tell her Caleb is up for it.  His favorite saying when she wants to do stuff.  Excuse me but you're putting Anderson windows in.  Great windows but you are paying for the name.  There's just as good of windows for a middle class home.  Those go in your expensive homes where they are expected and they are a key feature of the room.  My opinion anyway, but they aren't allowed to go to any more home shows without me.  Then again I went and I really love those metal roofs.   hihi  I really should be saving for a new roof.  I'm due but then again, I really hate that surround.   hihi

I know, get back to my to do list.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 02:06:43 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #233 on: November 20, 2023, 05:05:59 PM »

Check off Christmas cards done.  This year's Christmas stamp is the snowglobe.  They had a couple of other choices but I like snowglobes for Christmas.  My sister thinks I'm crazy for doing them now.  I'll wait to mail them but I want to get out and do Christmas stuff this year.  I have two Christmas parties, Meet Me in St Louis at the movies, a walk through the Christmas light display and zoo lights so far.  I want to be where Christmas is.

Tomorrow I plan to put up my Christmas decorations.  I'm a sucker for a Christmas tree.  My outside lights are up, ready to go on Thanksgiving night or maybe earlier if it quits raining.  Mom's tree goes up Thursday.  We're going to watch the Macy's Day parade and put it up.  I'm having a nice long holiday season.  Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #234 on: November 20, 2023, 11:38:25 PM »

My sister sent me a Thanksgiving Day card.

It's Thanksgiving, a time for turkeys, hams and festive nuts.
But enough about the realtives.  hihi

I think I'll check in as one of the festive nuts.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #235 on: November 21, 2023, 04:01:26 PM »

I am the festive nut.  I did my Christmas tree in Grateful Dead Bears.   hihi  One GNR Christmas ornament on the left.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #236 on: November 22, 2023, 10:46:42 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it.  I'm into the Macy's Parade and Alice's Resturant at noon.  Mom couldn't find any minced meat mix so I don't get my traditional minced meat pie.   crying  They have it on Amazon!

cineater
Legend

« Reply #237 on: November 23, 2023, 09:40:33 PM »

Thanksgiving, not really a crisis but pivoit.  In the middle of setting up my mother's tree my niece calls.  She's too sick to host dinner.  Have the husband bring over the turkey and we've got this.  Most the food was at mom's anyway and we had the place decorated for Christmas.  Worked out just fine.  Unfortunately my grandson got home and had a 102 temp.  Thought it was because he's teething but that's high for teething.  Good news is meds bring it down.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 10:06:58 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #238 on: November 25, 2023, 12:37:08 AM »

Haven't found that new adventure yet.  Kind of the way adventures are for me.  I don't realize what's happening until I'm kind of bored with the one I've been on.  I am noticing I'm dropping a lot of tradition and routine.  Not really intentional, it's just happening.  I've noticed a few openings to get back into things I've been in before and I'm kind of shaking them off.  Nothing new has really popped up but maybe I'm just clearing my schedule and something will present itself later. 

In the meantime, I'm having trouble getting a smile on my face.  I'm okay, I'm faking it pretty well.  It's really only noticable if you look closely at me when I'm not talking to you.  But dang, those little jabs are getting harder to let roll off and I am so not present in my life.  No, not because I'm not babbling away in here.  I'm just clicking off the list of things I have to do, making those deadlines and bored with the whole thing.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #239 on: November 25, 2023, 02:16:30 PM »

Seek and you shall find.  Marsha wants me to help her screw down the planks.  Women with power tools!  I always wanted to be part of that group.  Looks like I'm joining.  I cheated and peeked at my Amazon list and somebody did get me that Dwalt drill and the stuff to go with it.  My whole life I've never had a decent drill.  Don't know what to do with it, so why have a good one?  I really got into constructing those walls this year.  I'm going to learn construction!  You know if it wasn't so hot up on the roof, I'd be up there popping that nail gun.  Looks like fun to me.  And that drill comes with a tool bag.  Woohoo, I'm getting a new purse.  hihi

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: