Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:49:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227868 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This I Love meant for What Dreams May Come Soundtrack? (News from 1998!)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This I Love meant for What Dreams May Come Soundtrack? (News from 1998!)  (Read 5702 times)
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: February 15, 2005, 04:26:02 PM »

Before anyone gets excited this film was released in 1998 and the song didn't feature on it! And whilst I appreciate it is old it's never been publicly known until recently. But here are the two articles on it:

http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=425

Guns n Roses were offered a soundtrack spot

Sp1at.com can exclusively reveal that the soundtrack for the Robin Williams film "What Dreams May Come" was meant to feature the as yet unheard Guns n Roses song "This I Love".

Last week, in a Sp1at interview Dave Dominguez revealed that during his time working with the band the song was intended for a "Robin Williams film" but he did not give any further details. Sp1at's intrepid reporters followed this up and found out that this was the case. Sp1at contacted the office of Dawn Soler, the musical supervisor for the film, and she confirmed that this indeed was "true".

Unfortunately for Guns fans the film got its cinematic release in 1998 and did not feature music from the band. The song "This I Love" which Axl Rose described in 1994 as the "hardest" song he's written has yet to see the light of day. Although Howard Karp, who worked on the song in 2000, has told Sp1at in the past that it is a "simple piano track".

In the 7 years that have passed since the release of "What Dreams May Come" Guns n Roses have released only one new studio track, "Oh My God", which featured on the soundtrack of the film "End of Days".

http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=429

Dawn Soler talks about the GnR song "This I Love"

Dawn Soler, the musical supervisor for the film "What Dreams May Come" has been speaking exclusively to Sp1at about working with Guns n Roses's Axl Rose.

When asked whether she could recollect any of the song that she probably hasn't heard for around 7 years she unfortunately said "Oh boy that was a long time ago", she was also unsure how the oppourtunity to work with Axl came along in the first place.

However, she assure me that Axl "was really into the film" and rather interestingly suggested that he "wrote the song for it". This contradicts an interview from 1994 where Axl said he had already written the song, which many fans speculated was about Dylan, the son of Axl's one time partner, Stephanie Seymour.

However the film did not make the final cut despite Dawn's fondness of the Guns n Roses track, the reason she gave Sp1at was that "the director was a pill and didn't get how cool it would be".

If any Guns n Roses fans feel the need to send hate-mail to that director then I believe his name is Vincent Ward and he lives in New Zealand.*

The new Guns n Roses album "Chinese Democracy" is currently rumoured for release between April and July depending on which reports you choose to believe. Whether the song "This I Love" will ever be released is unsure and for that we have Mr. Ward to blame.

*Sp1at feels the need to point out that it doesn't condone people sending hate-mail to idiot directors*

It's hardly ground breaking but its only surfaced recently and some people may find it interesting!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 04:29:23 PM by gigger » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 04:32:11 PM »

Can we tell for sure that Dawn Soler actually spoke to that moronic rumour board?  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 04:34:05 PM »

Can we tell for sure that Dawn Soler actually spoke to that moronic rumour board?? hihi

You want me to post screenshots of the emails?  ok
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 04:35:21 PM »

Can we tell for sure that Dawn Soler actually spoke to that moronic rumour board?? hihi

You want me to post screenshots of the emails?? ok

screenshots cumshots yadda yadda, I want a video of the guy talking about it.  ok

gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 04:36:37 PM »

screenshots cumshots yadda yadda, I want a video of the guy talking about it.? ok

Dawn Soler... You'll never get a video of the guy talking about it!? rofl

Who you calling moronic?  hihi
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 04:38:19 PM »

screenshots cumshots yadda yadda, I want a video of the guy talking about it.? ok

Who you calling moronic?? hihi

I read pretty quickly,  the rumour board is still fucking useless and pathetic.

gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 04:41:22 PM »

Who you calling moronic?? hihi

I read pretty quickly,? the rumour board is still fucking useless and pathetic.

It's only useless and pathetic to the people that don't have the intelligence to take a rumour for what it is and not manage to get there hopes up!

Some people enjoy reading the rumours, others don't, it's personal preferance and anyone who doesn't understand that is "useless and pathetic" in my opinion.

I wouldn't post a rumour on this forum, but this is "news" as it were, it's a fact that came from the woman who put the soundtrack together (all be it 7 years late! but in the world of GnR that's fairly modern!). I thought people might be interested but obviously you're keener on just swapping insults...? Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 04:43:34 PM by gigger » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 04:45:05 PM »

"news"

good quotation marks,  at least you admit it's not real news.

gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 04:46:58 PM »

"news"

good quotation marks,? at least you admit it's not real news.

Well... seeing as its 7 years old its hardly earthshattering... like I said in the first post.

Do you have a point? Or did the fact that I actually tried to reason with you rather than just insult you slightly nullify your point?  Roll Eyes
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 04:47:32 PM »

Some people enjoy reading the rumours, others don't, it's personal preferance
tru, thanks 4 postin that ?beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 04:53:13 PM »

"news"

Well... seeing as its 7 years old its hardly earthshattering... like I said in the first post.

Do you have a point? Or did the fact that I actually tried to reason with you rather than just insult you slightly nullify your point?? Roll Eyes

I think you nullified your point without my help thanks.  Kiss

gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 04:55:44 PM »

"news"

Do you have a point? Or did the fact that I actually tried to reason with you rather than just insult you slightly nullify your point?? Roll Eyes

I think you nullified your point without my help thanks.? Kiss

That wasn't my question... You really need to take more time reading these posts...  Roll Eyes
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 04:58:34 PM »

"news"

That wasn't my question... You really need to take more time reading these posts...? Roll Eyes

If I want to answer a question with another a remark that's my business.

Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 05:02:53 PM »

Get in the ring guys  Grin peace
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 05:03:41 PM »

"news"

That wasn't my question... You really need to take more time reading these posts...? Roll Eyes

If I want to answer a question with another a remark that's my business.

This is pointless. Each person is entitled to there opinion. So I'll end it here before a mod inevitably comes in and tells us to get back on topic.
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 05:05:28 PM »

Why don't you two go queer each other somewhere else... mmmmmkay?

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005, 05:05:52 PM »

That movie freaked me out!! Glad it never happened.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2005, 05:07:38 PM »

And it's over.

Well done ladies, well done.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print