Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:58:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227869 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  what music direction atracts you 2 gunsnroses? any era
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: what music direction atracts you 2 gunsnroses? any era  (Read 9865 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« on: February 14, 2005, 10:13:15 AM »

gunsnroses have made lots of various music as we know, accustic, hadrock, omg etc

mine is the the more hardcore stuff, axl voice when he have that metaledge 2 it and the faster, pissed of songs
perfect crime, wttj, ycbm, right next door... headbanger

of the newgnr it's hard because of the lack of material, but i have sooo much intrest in it because of the new ingredients in the music along with a solid wall of the classic rock,

i'm very exited 2 hear musicians as chris, buckethead, brain into the mix...? as seems as into this new digital age of music? Smiley
(and all that comes with it)

i appreciate songs like since i don't have you, don't cry etc very much, but if i had 2 choose-i'd go hardcore? Wink
 (when it comes 2 old gnr)
-and the new ingredients 2 newgnr (that it's not only the traditional rock-package anymore)?

... you?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 10:49:17 AM »

All of it.

Just like most of my favorite artists, it's the fact that they can do whatever they feel like doing. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's not. But at least they didn't do the same thing over and over again just because it has been proven to work.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 10:59:25 AM »

i like that best 2, but it's more like if you were stranded and could only have three things... type of q? Wink
if you were 2 choose, what do you appreciate most?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 11:21:32 AM »

As long as it's got piano, i'm happy. GNR without piano ? it's GNR without me. The music direction as such doesn't bother me, as long as the music's good.

Nothing to say
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 11:25:42 AM »

What Jarmo said (and no, I'm not saying this just to kiss his ass  Grin ).

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 11:27:17 AM »

I tend to agree with Jarmo. I like all of it.

They haven't done a song that I would consider unlistenable. ?If given the time I could sit down and go through each CD front to back without skipping a track.

I don't think they can be broken down as simply as saying Hard Rock, Accoustic, Ballad, Digital influenced..........

Each album has a writing style to it. My favorite/what got me into the band was the Hard/Raw feel to Appetite and Live Like a Suicide. Even Sweet Child O Mine (which is a psuedo love song) is very Rough around the edges.... I like that the songs are written when the were "The Most Dangerous Band in The World" and not the Band of Excess that they were in the UYI days.

I bet everyone here has a "soundtrack to their life"
Whenever you hear a song you are instantly brought back to a time and place that is intertwined with that song. For me anytime I hear a song off of Appetite it reminds me of good times, alot are sports related (appetite is a very good album to have in the walkman prior to a game, Welcome to the Jungle was my pregame warmup for 4 years of Highschool Football (American Football))
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 11:42:02 AM »

Well! I love all the GNR songs.. GNR is one of the few bands, were i can say, with my hand on my heart that i love every song!
But, like norway says, if i had to choose my favoritte GNR genere, i would choose the metalsongs/powerbalades! Songs like: Coma, Right next Door to hell, breakdown, double talkin jive, dont damn me, wttj, nightrain, perfect crime, oh my god, get in the ring! etc,  i love thouse songs!

agrees with norway there!  peace ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 11:47:24 AM »

Very good question.....I was thinking about this a while back when I realized I would sit down and listen only to piano-epic type gnr, then the next day all the hard rockers like ycbm, wttj and nt.

I am kind of on the fence. That is one of the toughest questions! I guess after much thought.................................................I would say the epic stuff...but only by a 'hairsbreath' ?hihi

Yes if on a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate the rockers...a 10 and the epics....10.0000001. But damn those rockers! Paradise city, Jungle, Rocket Queen, YCBM??!!??!!

Wait...maybe I like the rockers better? $hit I dunno....I like'm both.

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 11:54:42 AM »

I tend to agree with Jarmo. I like all of it.

They haven't done a song that I would consider unlistenable. ?If given the time I could sit down and go through each CD front to back without skipping a track

I agree I listen to Gn'r albums back to front (even My World hihi) except the Spaggetti Incedent which I don't have.But I prefer different songs when I'm in different moods e.g DTJ,GITR and It's So Easy when Im angry Angry
The first Gn'r song I heard was It's so easy that song got me into Gn'r I suppose.

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2005, 12:13:26 PM »

I think at 1st it was Slash's playing I loved it and when I heard Sweet Child O' Mine for the 1st time I was a GN'R fan right then Axl voice gives me goosebumps he is amazing

EEEERRRR Little boy
Rhythm-n-Booze
Headliner

Nice shoes.

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2005, 12:35:49 PM »

The songs that got me into GNR were Don't Cry, Bad Obsession, and November Rain.
However my favorite GNR era has to be the early years when they were just a badass fuckin rock band. The sleazy Sunset Strip band that played from the heart.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2005, 01:40:36 PM »

Yay, the second comming of Led Zeppelin, surpass the first in originality n variety. drool

I don't say I like all the songs evenly. Among the other studio recordings, I like Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle, Locomotive, The Garden, Sweet Child and Don?t Cry. Oh and how can I forget My World. I don't know which direction but it seems I prefer compact songs off the yesterdays.
Hah! now, come to think of it, even in Sweet Child the question was already "where do we go now?".
That must be an eternal subject of the band. 

So, Where do they come now?
it's Chinese Democracy that got me into this band. Tongue
I'm in eager anticipation of hard rock Epics, which I got a glimpse of in Riyadh and the Bedouins.
And I love the extra cool beat as on OMG RIR version.
In my view, each new song shows sorta sign of the new direction that old band never attempted. smoking

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2005, 03:52:22 PM »

I like them all about equally.  If you wanted me to list my 10 favorite Guns tunes, I'd say something like Rocket Queen, Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Patience, Bad Obsession, November Rain, Coma, You Could Be Mine, Locomotive, and Estranged.

I like every style they do about equally.  Their hard rockers are awesome, and in my opinion Guns are untouchable when it comes to epics like NR, Coma and Estranged.  That's why they're such a great band, they can do almost everything well, and I hope Chinese Democracy has a really wide range of stuff on it. 
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2005, 04:42:14 PM »

Like stated, I could sit through every single song they've ever recorded and enjoy the living shit out of it, every single time . . . but, I do tend to be the most of a fan of the tracks like Locomotive, Estranged, and Dust N' Bones. I want the piano and I want that raspy voice that is so damn coarse, yet it grows on you and you absolutely love it. The UYI-era Gn'r were more interesting to me than the dirty rock n' roll perfection of Appetite. Ironically, the flaws within the UYI material are what attract and suit me.
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2005, 05:36:25 PM »

Actually its their musical versitlity that I love about them the most, I mean to be able to make great hardcore tracks, most of which u saw on Appetite, Make Epic Ballads like Dont Cry,November Rain and Estranged, Make off the wall risky creative tracks like COMA, AND Cover songs like Live and Let Die and Knockin on Heavens Door, Not to mention the acoustic studio session that spawned Patience and One in a Million. AND HAVE EVERY FUCKING TRACK BE AS INCENDIARY AS THE OTHER. Its a feat that is rarely accomplished but GnR have done it, and hopefully the new gunners will do it again. I didnt mind that the Guns went from Welcome to the Jungle and Its So Easy to November Rain and Dont Cry because the music needs to grow, if u js sound the same all the time then ur not gonna go anywhere as a REAL ARTIST (As pretentious as that sounds).

Honestly I love it all  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2005, 06:14:20 PM »

lots of things. Axl and Slash were fantastic together. Without Slash it's not the same... Undecided

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2005, 06:48:54 PM »

afd was for me best album.. Afd was gnr, illusions is more axl, and less group
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2005, 07:07:23 PM »

illusions is more axl, and less group

That's why Illusions are better!!  Axl had the freedom to unleash his madness!

Back on topic, it's not ONE Guns music style that atracts me, it's the contrast, the Guns and the Roses

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2005, 08:38:05 PM »

10 years ago, I never thought I'd be writing to someone named, "MadmanDan," and saying to them, "I agree with you 100% MadmanDan!"  Priceless...yes, I love the Guns and the Roses...but if I'm on a desert island, gimme the Estranged, November Rain, Blues, Maddys...thanks!  Don't get me wrong, WTTJ, PC, YCBM are all great, but I'm a lover, not a fighter!...okay, occasionally a fighter!  Rock on Axl!!!

peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2005, 08:44:56 PM »

If it's got Axl on vocals, I like it. 

He has the most incredible voice.  He and Jim Morrison mesmerize me.

Axl is the Van Gogh of the music industry.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: