Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:50:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  [Torrent] NEW SOURCE Osaka Japan July 21st 2007 (the last show of 2007 tour)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Torrent] NEW SOURCE Osaka Japan July 21st 2007 (the last show of 2007 tour)  (Read 2903 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« on: August 04, 2007, 02:57:41 PM »

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=157058

1. Artist: Guns N? Roses
2. Date: July 21st 2007
3. Venue: Intex Osaka, Osaka Japan
4. Title: Top Gun
5. Catalogue #:T&J-Jccm-001/002
6. Linage (audience recording): AT mic (not SP mic) > CT9100 > MR-1 (24bit) > Sound Forge Editing & Re-Sampling (to 16 bit) > Wave files > Flac files
7. Sound Quality:
Sample MP3 files will be posted on the board below later.
7. Artworks: Included
8. Production Stuff:
(1) Tapers: Tom & Jerry
(2) Sound Editors: the Naniwa Hot Brothers and Mickey
(3) Errand Boy A.K.A Artwork Designer: Kongo Dera

9. Disc Info:
01 Opening
02 Welcome To The Jungle
03 It's So Easy
04 Mr. Brownstone
05 Live And Let Die
06 Robin Guitar Solo (Jam with Frank and Dizzy)
07 Sweet Child O' Mine
08 GNR Calling
09 Better
10 Knockin' On Heaven's Door
11 You Could Be Mine
12 Band Jam
13 Angie (Dizzy Piano Solo)
14 The Blues
15 Band Jam (Band Introductions)
16 Rock Bottom (Richard Guitar Solo)
17 Beautiful (Richard Guitar Duet With Robin)
18 Out Ta Get Me
19 Band Jam
20 November Rain
21 November Rain Refrain
22 Band Jam
23 I.R.S.
24 Godzilla Theme(Ron Guitar Solo)
25 Don't Cry
26 Rocket Queen
27 Used To Love Her
28 My Michelle
29 Patience
30 Patience Refrain
31 Nightrain
32 GNR Calling
33 Chinese Democracy
34 Madagascar
35 Paradise City
36 Axl thanks EVERYONE!
37 Bonus Track Sweet Child O' Mine(July 17th 2007 Nagoya)

10. Shows Reviews by Mickey
It was truly incredible night, the best Guns gig I ?ever seen. Axl was in amazing form. He seemed relaxed and smiled a lot. He moved around the stage singing and dancing. He loved to provoke the crazy reaction from the crowd and really interacted well with the Osaka fans shouting Osaka here and there. His voice was absolutely amazing. He had a lot more energy than the last time I saw him back in 2002. The band really enjoyed playing for us and we really enjoyed very minute of their performances. After Paradise City, the last song was finished, it looked like Axl didn?t want to get off the stage and seemed to like to play even more songs. That probable accounts for the fact that this show is the longest show from the 2007 tour.

I had never liked Patience before but I can not help but liking this version. As matter of a fact, I keep on listening to it days and nights.

11. Special Notices (VERY IMPORTANT) by Mickey
I have kept on reminding people of the USUAL stuff because some people will never ever get it unless they were constantly reminded. It is a bit long but please spare your minutes.

(1) Please do not share this music in MP3 or other lossy formats.
MP3 is nothing but pollutant to the trading community. It could spread like germ. We tape and share the shows openly. If your friend wants this show but his PC is kind of slow, please burn one copy for him. Have pity on those unfortunate ones. Help each other and make a trading tree if necessary. We are not emperors. We are not naked. We know we have neither power nor will to dictate what to do. We do not have MP3 FILEs in the BANK to share but have DIME to share music in the best format.

(2) Please do not call our recording BOOTLEG because we are not bootleggers.
The term ?boots? and ?bootlegs? has the negative impact on tapers. To sum up my points, I quote from some post on TS as follows;

?We (tapers) make recordings. Unless they are distributed for profit, they are not bootlegs. Even a stealth recording, while unauthorized is exactly that; it is NOT a bootleg?

?It is every taper's responsibility to educate (others) about the use of such terms and help them perpetuate the positive image we deserve for our noble recording endeavors?

Please pay some respects to honorable tapers who ask for nothing but the simple joy of sharing music from all of you. I want you to know that so many of tapers would be offended by these terms.

12. Taper Notes by Tom (to those who may be concerned)
As usual I gathered the info about the venue?s acoustics and read the reviews about the band and its music before the concert date. Then the more I learned about it, the more I wanted to cop out of the recording team.

(1) Venue
Intex Osaka is used frequently as an exhibition hall and not very often as a concert hall. The sound tends to either muffle or bounce around in the room. Surely one of the last places any tapers wanna be.

(2) Tour and their concert reviews
Checked several show from the latest tour (June 19th 2007 is awesome?soundwise) at DIME. I realized that Guns N? Roses (or Axl Roses and his accomplices as someone suggests) seemed to favor old song catalogues especially from the band?s landmark first album, Appetite for Destruction. Axl could seem to hit the high notes whenever necessary but some nights he could care less and let supporting members carry the songs. He often kept the audience waiting for a good hour or more before he took the stage. Then he did not even bother to apologize for his tardiness. As a matter of fact he frequently threatened to walk out of the stage any minutes whatever went wrong. HuhHuh??.I really wanted to stay home and watch baseball games on TV sipping beer. Things started picking up for the Tigers.

But Jerry and I went to the show. With a little bit of luck, we secured a very good recording position in the center back of the house; a bit far way from the stage but still manageable. Because of this we managed to stay on one spot to tape the whole show.

Given the massive SP and rowdy fans we had to deal with, Jerry and I decided to use CT9100 (one of the world smallest preamp) and MR-1 (24 bit hard disc recorder) instead of our regular set-up; Denecke phantom power unit and DAT recorder. It worked out great. Especially CT9100 helped to increase SP level and reduce the distortion points for MR-1.

We downloaded the Intex Osaka?s floor chart from its webpage and made an educational guess about how to set up the recording gears because we would not have time and space to adjust them once we got inside. Aiming the microphones and setting the recording level among the standing crowd was beyond us.

The music was so loud with bowl-shaking & nose-vibrating bass that I could not hear the highs clearly (sometimes even Axl?s vocal was berried in the massive bass). The sounds of each instrument jammed up. But I am glad to report that the microphones picked up very good sound from both stack. Apart from the firework, no major clipping detected. No distortion recorded on the high and low ends. The music sounds muddy because of the massive bass but the recording captured the clear mid highs as well. This is one of these recording that re-mastering counts more than taping itself. There was not a major audience interference throughout the night. Enjoy

13. Sound Editors Notes by the Naniwa Hot Brothers:
I was a bit surprised when Mickey gave me the specific instruction about re-mastering. It is unlike him. He is always easy-going on me and let me do the work the way I want. But when I listened to a sample sound, I knew what he meant. The recording contains a pretty good volume of the low ends. I was so attempted to clean up the low frequency and to enhance the clean mid high to spice the music (I personally named this process I-POD editing) But Mickey wanted this as raw as possible and asked me not to sterilize the sound.

So I only reduced or removed part of clapping, screaming and chatting by using Sound Forge (Crack & Removal, Wave Hammering) if they were too loud or too annoying. Since I was not at the show, I asked Mickey to help me with the final work; EQ and normalization.

As requested by Mickey, I tried to apply the minimum EQ; trimming off the low ends and enhancing the mid high as little as possible. Then I used a Wave Hammer without compression for normalization. It might sound a bit more bass than necessary to your ears but as Mickey guarantee, this is how the last show sounded like. Since music was not altered in the editing process, you can boost or enhance the sound files for your personal pleasure. We all hope that you will get a feel of the night by listening to this one.

14. Special Salute to Japanese fans and Osaka rules by Mickey

The gates of the venue opened 3PM.
The warm-up band hit the sage 5PM and got off 45 minutes later.
Then people were forced to wait for another one and a half hour
Finally 7:20PM, the Guns took the stage and ended the last show of this tour at 9:50PM

Neither fold-up chairs on the floor nor balcony seats were prepared at the venue.
Neither food nor beverage is permitted in. No drink vendor was set up inside.
Rather inadequate air-circulating system made it impossible for concert attendees to get benefits from air conditioning system.

Do the math how many hours these crazy Guns? fans got stuck inside the front row mosh-pit without water; 4 and half an hour before the show and 7 hours till the end of the show. This is ridiculous, inconvenient and even dangerous. This JP promoter called Creativeman Prodcution ruled out beverage of ANY KINDS inside. So people really had to get out of the gates for a drink, drink it up and re-entered the house.

Osakans love to complain for the rules (even if reasonable ones). But once they realize the straight talk won?t work, they will quietly mend or bend the rules. I notice a lot of people got the bottled water or beer wrapped by the towel to bring them in. I even learned after the show that some smart one bought one ticket to get inside and met up other fans just to borrow ticket stubs, and that he got out to hand these half stubs to ors outside and re-entered the hall with these free riders. Don?t mess with Osaka nor Guns fans. LOL

All these comments were translated into English by either Mickey or Tom.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 03:24:46 PM »

Thanks

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
gnrlatino
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 03:33:33 PM »

?Is better or worst that the first source?

Luck is not a factor
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 03:45:54 PM »

the audio samples sound really good on this
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 04:02:42 PM »

the ''Never Too Late'' bootleg sounds very good. But this one sounds VERY good  peace

Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 04:27:56 PM »

the ''Never Too Late'' bootleg sounds very good. But this one sounds VERY good  peace
so this one sounds better. I liked the samples, and I'm downloading the whole concert now. peace

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 04:28:50 PM »

can you post a better in mp3 so i can hear how it sounds?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 04:51:52 PM »

can you post a better in mp3 so i can hear how it sounds?

There are mp3 160 kbps samples at the topic in DIME. Download 'em.

And here you have samples of ''Never Too Late''

http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=55c26d5

I think this newer one sounds better.

timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 07:12:53 PM »

this show rocks

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 08:53:22 AM »

Aborting the torrent as it could not connect to the tracker while not connected to any peers.
what am i doing wrong? Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jamesdm
Rocker

Lizard King - The One

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 11:04:33 AM »

thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: