Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:27:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Message from Merck and Axl
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message from Merck and Axl  (Read 69308 times)
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2006, 06:24:36 AM »

Good to hear from Axl and Merk.
I to am sick of all the negative posts and all the bitching.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2006, 06:26:12 AM »

Thanks for the response Axl/Merck and Beta. Alot of people need to go out off the net and get a grip on reality, this board has been far too negative over the past few days. Its easy to get carried away when we dont really know whats going on but there has been a wealth of negative posts that should really just go. This is a positive time for Guns n Roses, the album is blatantly on its way, the band are touring - and we are about to witness the best show of the tour on Friday night!

Jonx
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2006, 06:27:18 AM »

Yes it's a wonderful statement, they bought me hey! haha

no really, I agree with everything said, and I love the personal message from Axl, so nice of them to take the time to write this ok

now whiners, sit back and wait for CD, it's coming!!!!! I hope that will shut you down yes

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2006, 06:28:06 AM »

Great to read this, a very honest and thorough statement. ?it is a shame that it has got to this stage, where some people cant accept what they are being told - i hope these people move onto other boards or other bands.

I am overflowing with positivity and excitement for GnR - i constantly think of how i can clear my visa bill and just jump on a plane and catch their next gig.Just knowing they are on the road, playing night after night, thrills me. ?This year has been the greatest GnR year for me ever (for a number of reasons) in a live respect, and to think there is more still to come with a new album and the probability that I will get to see them live again - its FUCKING brilliant! ?

thank you GnR. ?beer

slashBOG
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2006, 06:29:02 AM »

if only they had given us a hint abt a release date ?nervous Anyway, ehanks a lot, and now on to MSG ?beer
ben9785
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2006, 06:34:03 AM »

Great to read this, a very honest and thorough statement. ?it is a shame that it has got to this stage, where some people cant accept what they are being told - i hope these people move onto other boards or other bands.

I am overflowing with positivity and excitement for GnR - i constantly think of how i can clear my visa bill and just jump on a plane and catch their next gig.Just knowing they are on the road, playing night after night, thrills me. ?This year has been the greatest GnR year for me ever (for a number of reasons) in a live respect, and to think there is more still to come with a new album and the probability that I will get to see them live again - its FUCKING brilliant! ?

thank you GnR. ?beer

That last paragragh mirrored my exact thoughts. Considering it will be a while till they hit Australia my enthusiasm and excitement jumps so far ahead that I'd love to catch a flight and see them at an imminent gig, but as you said, just knowing they're out there ripping it up, winning crowds all over again, makes me very happy and pleased.. and yep, knowing that each gig is hopefully one gig closer to me being able to see them.. amazing
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2006, 06:35:58 AM »

This is great and highly appreciated, thanks!

The sad part tho is that people around the gn?r community, meaning other forums, now tend to slam and bitch about this nazi board and about the statement and how it?s full of lies and stupid shit like that! No wonder artists tend to have a love hate relationshit with their fans lol...

I must say that i?m fuckin?happy about the way this board is moderated. Tho the trafic increases, it actually runs smoother and smoother imo.

People are always free to come and go as they please unlike the jews during wwII so c?mon people!

LETS PARTY LIKE IT?S 1939!!! ?hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2006, 06:36:33 AM »

Well finally they're coughing up a little payback for Jarmo's loyalty. ?I really hope they look at this thread and really realize how far just a little level-headed PR and personal contact is getting them. ?

come here to read the news and discuss politics, if you want rant, go somewhere else Smiley

Actually, this isn't true (and that's not a negative). ?They are taking the steps it takes to turn this board into a true fan board, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it most certainly won't be the place for news or GNR politics. ?THAT is what you'll have to go to the other boards for. ?HTGTH can and will be the official fan board (IF they continue communicating). ?

Most artists, actors, etc, have fan sites where negativity is frowned upon, bad news is censored, their personal lives are off the table, etc.. ?There is absolutely nothing wrong with sites like that. ?Axl, Merck and Beta can drop occasional notes, 'insiders' can correct info and drop tidbits, fans can come here to get nuggets of controlled news, discuss their favorite aspects of the band, give opinions about the performances, hook up at the shows and generally discuss their love of all things Gn'R. ?and it will be just fine. ?

It will not, however, be a news board, a balanced board, a place offering both sides of a story or the unabashed truth about any problems, issues, negative opinions or indeed, with this band, facts. ?But that's perfectly acceptable for a fan board. ?Just state these things in the board description, make it clear HTGTH is an endorsed board, positive in nature, and the haters will expect to be censored, and nobody's going to expect the unabridged truth, they'll expect just the band's perspective. ?And obviously, fans having a direct line to the band's perspective ain't a bad thing.

That said, I do hope they conduct the information in an honest manner. ?Putting a positive spin on it is great, mistruths aren't so great. ?(IE: ?There is only one way the placements on the Pollstar chart under discussion are determined, and that's according to Pollstar. ?To call it misinformation IS misinformation, but that's another topic for another thread -- that will probably be censored). ? Wink

Anyway, glad to see them reach out. ?It does a world of good. ? ok ?beer
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2006, 06:38:48 AM »

Thanks for the update GNR & Co. ?And, I feel this is not said enough, thanks to Jarmo for running an awesome site. ?And no, this is not ass kissing, it's just a fact. ?I must admit that even I posted something in that topic about the Maine cancellation and yes, it was about Letterman (feel free to dig up the original post). ?First of all, I'm not an idiot - I knew about 99% that they were not going to be on the show (and for those of you who don't kn0w, they weren't). ?Secondly, I just posted a straight fact from a real direct source (cbs.com). ?I know how much all of you like real, confirmed info so that's what I was giving - and I stated that it was FYI. ?Yet I got a few negative posts from people. ?If I wrote something false or completely made up I could have understood that but I didn't. ?And to all of those people who are sick of seeing the same old posts, rumors, negativity, etc. then I suggest try checking out the other sections of this forum - always interesting things going on there!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2006, 06:39:45 AM »

Great post!

A great thanks towards Axl & Merck for the info and Jarmo to share this with us!

It's great to see GN'R does care of it's fans! Respect! Now bring out the fucking album! ?hihi ?peace

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2006, 06:39:59 AM »

So they do know how to get information out, when they're motivated ... astonishing.  Now ... about that album guys?

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
ben9785
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2006, 06:40:59 AM »

Thanks for the update GNR & Co. ?And, I feel this is not said enough, thanks to Jarmo for running an awesome site. ?And no, this is not ass kissing, it's just a fact. ?I must admit that even I posted something in that topic about the Maine cancellation and yes, it was about Letterman (feel free to dig up the original post). ?First of all, I'm not an idiot - I knew about 99% that they were not going to be on the show (and for those of you who don't kn0w, they weren't). ?Secondly, I just posted a straight fact from a real direct source (cbs.com). ?I know how much all of you like real, confirmed info so that's what I was giving - and I stated that it was FYI. ?Yet I got a few negative posts from people. ?If I wrote something false or completely made up I could have understood that but I didn't. ?And to all of those people who are sick of seeing the same old posts, rumors, negativity, etc. then I suggest try checking out the other sections of this forum - always interesting things going on there!
Don't worry. I saw your posts, I appreciated that you were trying to give us some information and clarification as best as they should, and that applies to everybody who posts info, as long as it has a source and hasn't already been repeated or isn't overblown, people should appreciate and acknowledge that there are others who are trying their best to help us with information. Once again I stress, as long as it has a source and isn't too vague or ridiculous
RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2006, 06:41:50 AM »

Great to hear from Axl and Merck, it is such a shame that a loud minority had to force them to make this announcement. I know people are sceptical when it comes to GnR and feel they've been there and seen it before, but the fact is, what is going on in 2006 is like nothing we've seen since maybe '91 (o.k, i wasn't old enough to remember much of '91... but you know what I mean  Tongue ). These are exciting times, I'm glad that most people see that, it's just a shame that the minority have to be so loud and annoying that they force these guys to speak out.

cheers Merck, cheers Axl!
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2006, 06:53:49 AM »

I normally do not respond on HTGTH but a number of your posts have been brought to my attention today and I feel it is right to take the time to dispel the negative speculation through a statement of facts:

1. The show in Portland was cancelled last night because the fire marshall made it impossible for us to believe we could do our show without putting at risk the safety of the fans and the band.? They made it clear that they intended to harrass our fans, crew and the band through enforcing rules and regulations that are 200 years old to an extent that has not been applied to other artists and that we believed would make the gig a potential time bomb that would explode. Our Production Manager Chris Gratton is a seasoned pro who has worked with everyone from Korn to R Kelley and has terrific relationships with Fire Marshalls and authorities all over the world. This is the first time he has ever come to us and said this is a dangerous situation and these people intend to use their authority in a negative way against our fans, our band and our crew and I need you to do something about it.

The cancellation had nothing to do with pyro or ticket sales. Putting our fans, band and crew first cost $200,000 last night so we did not make the decision without great thought and care and it was made in consultation with our agents and our promoter both of whom lost money as a result and both of whom supported our decision 100% as they too could see that the authorities were more than overzealous in their approach. For all of you to be speculating without any knowledge or credible information that the responsibility for this is Axl's or the band's is nonsense. This band has performed more than 50 shows this year without incident and had every intention of performing last night. They did not perform because we - the professionals around the band - stopped them as we did not feel it was safe for them or for the fans. We take our responsibility to the band seriously and we take our responsibility to the fans seriously. Now if you want to vent your spleens about this do it to the people responsible ie the fire marshalls. We named them for a reason. They are the reason why the Cumberland County Civic Center did not rock last night.

2. I see a number of people flaming Jarmo and the moderators for removing posts at our request. I understand that you feel that we are using our influence to censor you. We are not. If someone wants to express their opinion or critique the band and its performances, recordings, actions etc that does not bother us but when you spread lies and disinformation about everything from ticket sales to release dates to how Pollstar calculate their chart we will use our relationship with Jarmo to shut you down because you cause chaos and confusion and you try to take something good and turn it into something ugly. When GN'R gets on stage every night for two and a half hours it is a positive force. The thousands of fans who are there every night lose themselves and have a great time. That is what rock n' roll is all about but unfortunately the 300 of you that aren't even at the gigs spread a negativity that does not reflect the reality at all as evidenced by the original thread on the Meadowlands show. We were there. We saw 11,000 fans having a great time. We had a great time. For the people in the room it was a great night but it wasn't to be for those of you at home sitting around your computers.

Jarmo is your greatest ally and he has a proximity to us that is to your benefit. No one else in the online community has it. He has credible information for you directly from the source. We are not looking for any negative favours. It is not how the band has ever operated. It is not how Axl operates and it is not how I operate.

3. Ticket sales.
Guns N' Roses have sold almost 200,000 tickets already for this run and we still have 7 weeks to go. We have sold almost 50,000 tickets in the New York area alone this year between Hammerstein Ballroom, the Meadowlands and Madison Square Garden on the back of one interview with Ed Trunk and before the album has come out.? Most bands do not go to Portland, Maine because it is what the music business calls a "soft market" but we had a lot of letters from fans in the area and we were determined to play there? regardless of whether it was "only" 3500 people. We are doing something positive in a negative world. If you are with us fantastic. If you want to? live your live in an adverse way stay at home.

4. This is from Axl:
I would like to apologise to all of the fans in Maine for the show not happening last night. It was important for us to play there and it is a shame? that what should have been a great night for all of us was not possible due to the actions of two people. I agree with and ultimately take responsibility for the end decision not to jeopardise the safety of the fans, the? crews, the bands and myself as a result of the methods of these particularly draconian authorities. We are not trying to get away or get out of anything or pull a fast one by combining ticket sales as has been speculated. There are reasons that I have not spoken more about Montreal and Philadelphia that have been extremely complicated and are not legally resolved behind the scenes to this day and could have possibly jeopardized the future of Guns N' Roses.

We have chosen to take the public heat for these events in order to have another shot at the future today with a new album.
The professionals around me felt that Portland was a potentially explosive situation that could have had a somewhat similar result based on the behaviour of the two aforementioned fire marshals (it's not my 1st barbeque!) had the fans been given entry to the building and the show started. In respect of these opinions , our fans, the people of Portland, and the bands scheduled to play with us that night, unfortunately the only sensible decision was not to take that chance. We hope to find another way to play for you in the future. Thanks for even trying to see us. It sincerely is much more than appreciated.

Sounds reasonable to me, thanks for the info....

-PEACE-

stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2006, 06:54:14 AM »

Personally, I chose not to read any of those posts only because I knew they would all be negative.

I appreciate the messages from management and Axl.

Thanks beer
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2006, 06:55:13 AM »

Just wanted to make sure that there's no confusion about this.

We've gotten messages from Beta, Merck and Axl about this now, there's no need to turn this into a "why won't they talk about this and that instead?" thread.

Anybody who even thinks about writing something negative in this thread questioning the message, please logout now and don't come back.

You obviously don't believe what people in and around the band say, so there's no need to stick around here with that attitude. You better get find your GN'R news somewhere else.

/jarmo

Amen.  It's about time a line was drawn in the sand...thank you!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2006, 06:57:00 AM »

i'm just wondering why this isn't posted on their official website.

I think because they're talking about "HTGTH" and are responding to some of the comments that were made here.
i think otherwise...but i will keep it for myself..don't want to get banned here Tongue

No, please post it, I'm so interested to find out...

About the message, thanks. I'm so glad Merck and Axl finally spoke.

I hope that some of the whinners will shut the fuck up now. There were other ways to make you shut up, but I chose not to use them.

From now on, I'll be less patient... I've reached my limits last night and this morning with some nutcase on this board...

When you have Beta posting on this board, and you don't respect what she's saying, you're fucked in my book.

Well it's a prime example that some of these whiners/naysayers, are just doing it to intentionally be negative. When you get the info directly from the people involved, and you still go on and on about everyone being liars or your own conspiracy theories, there's no hope for you.

When those bitch about honesty, finally get it, then still hate, why else can you do?

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
TheMole
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2006, 07:00:18 AM »

Great to hear from Axl and Merck, it is such a shame that a loud minority had to force them to make this announcement. I know people are sceptical when it comes to GnR and feel they've been there and seen it before, but the fact is, what is going on in 2006 is like nothing we've seen since maybe '91 (o.k, i wasn't old enough to remember much of '91... but you know what I mean  Tongue ). These are exciting times, I'm glad that most people see that, it's just a shame that the minority have to be so loud and annoying that they force these guys to speak out.

cheers Merck, cheers Axl!

I haven't made any negative posts about this whole debacle, and I do find all the whiners just that: whiners. And yes, I think it's sad that all the constant nagging and whining forced them to make an announcement. But for completely different reasons. I actually think it's sad that they don't communicate like this before things go all haywire. We live in the age of information but GNR tend to forget that most of the time. You can no longer thrive on secrecy and get away with it like you could in the old days. I'm glad they finally came out and said something, but I'm kinda peeved it took a crap load of bitching by some whining internet geeks before they did.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2006, 07:01:22 AM »

I saw the shitstorm brewing yesterday....
 ?
 ? I was in and out of the forum all day long at it was getting worse and worse. I'm not a long time member of the forum but have been in here a lot since the beg.of the euro tour (not much of a comp.geek but I'm getting addicted).
 ? ?Anyone who comes here on a reg.basis knows Beta has posted here in the past. I couldn't believe when she posted yetserday (I and a few others said tks to her) but there were quite a few others just giving her shit. I was thinking holy Fuck! we've got an inside look of what's going on and people are say that it's not her, she has an agenda, and whatever was said. I hope this event doesn't make her change her mind about posting in the future...thought I'm sure she'll think twice.

? Thanks Merck/Axl this kind of interaction is good it as well give us ammunition to stand up for the band when others try to put it down...that could have been the case with the PR but people took the situation way over board.

?Can't wait for you guy's to get to Brazil...Beta ajudar a gente, Guns precisar tocar no Brasil em 2007 bota pra foder!!!

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
madagas
« Reply #119 on: November 08, 2006, 07:22:33 AM »

Thanks Jarmo, Beta, Axl, Merck...looks like Jarmo is a heavy hitter now. Kind of makes me feel guilty for being "slightly" negative.  Tongue A little straight forward communication goes a long way.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: