Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:45:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Def Leppard
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Def Leppard  (Read 143458 times)
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2003, 11:01:33 PM »

X sounds like a Backstreet Boy record.  rant  nervous  rofl

I borrowed that CD before I went to see them this summer and I couldn't even listen to the entire thing.  I was hoping like hell that they wouldn't play those tunes and thankfully they didn't - well, maybe one.

I would give you 100 dollars if you actually sat through the whole CD.

Why? Do you hate me?  Wink hihi

Why don't you just....
BostonGunner
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2003, 11:06:20 PM »

Def Leppard's first four albums were good. When Steve Clarke died, though, the band died with him.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2003, 11:28:56 PM »

Fuck you man, Def Lep rocks....

Slang is good too!!!!!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
BostonGunner
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2003, 11:43:32 PM »

Slang is good too!!!!!

I'm just stating my opinion.  The old DL rocks, but I don't care for anythig after Hysteria, although Retro-Active is cool.  
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2003, 11:07:10 AM »

Slang is good too!!!!!

I'm just stating my opinion.  The old DL rocks, but I don't care for anythig after Hysteria, although Retro-Active is cool.  

Hmm.....

Everthying up their GH was fantastic after that theu did slip quite dramtically........

I really think Adrenalize is another under rated masterpiece.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
darkdays_01
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2003, 08:20:17 PM »

Man i am in the minority, i think Slang is there best album, it doesnt sound like old Def Lep but it has some of there best songwritting IMO, RetroActive is a close second, I like X even though it doesnt rock too much but if it had a decent push from there label it would have been a big album, of course i like all of there stuff , with least favorite Adrenalize, They are coming out with a new cd before summer of 2004 , i hope it rocks. beer
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2003, 07:08:44 AM »

Man i am in the minority, i think Slang is there best album, it doesnt sound like old Def Lep but it has some of there best songwritting IMO, RetroActive is a close second, I like X even though it doesnt rock too much but if it had a decent push from there label it would have been a big album, of course i like all of there stuff , with least favorite Adrenalize, They are coming out with a new cd before summer of 2004 , i hope it rocks. beer

Boo! Adrenalize rocks! Your fav is slang? Oh dear..... ok

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2003, 11:42:32 PM »

Hey you are not alone. Slang was really good I thought. I liked it because it was different. In my gut I knew that it was an album they'd do and then return to the old format. The songs are very cool. My least favorite (on that album) was "Slang" itself. I thought it was ok.

Where did you hear they were coming out with a new cd before the summer? I hope it kicks ass like the old days!
darkdays_01
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2003, 10:25:00 AM »

On there official site defleppard.com there is an interview with Rick Allen, they are releasing an album in the Spring, then touring the festivals in Europe, then a small US tour. My favorite song on Slang, lets see Turn To Dust or Work It Out, I like pretty much everything with minus Breathe A Sigh.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2003, 01:01:19 PM »

An album in the spring? Wow that would be quick. Hopefully they will go back to Hysteria's style popmetal.....

After a couple of weaker efforts i am sure they will be putting their heart and sole into this one to get it right. We eagerly await.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2003, 01:51:24 PM »

what also sucks about the 80's haters is that they don't know what the fuck they are talking about. Def Leppard, though they had success in the 80's, was not only an 80's band. That would be like judging Aerosmith's career by Permanent Vacation. I think Hysteria is one of their best albums, but those that came before, especially High n Dry are fucking awesome too. It really sucks that the 80's glam movement had to plague so many bands who happen to have released successful albums at that time.
It's similar with guns n roses-- when people criticize UYI, they are like "Don't Cry was such a sell-out song" "November Rain was such a sell-out song" and don't even realize that those songs were either done or in the makings before Appetite ever came out. Morons.
But, i saw Def Leppard in NYC on their spring tour this past year and they fucking rocked!!! the place was mobbed and i got to go backstage (unfortunately, only Phil showed up but he was very gracious and a cool guy). i am not as crazy as their music post-Hysteria (i think all bands loose that something when they mature), but the concert was awesome and they haven't lost anything.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2003, 07:07:41 PM »

On there official site defleppard.com there is an interview with Rick Allen, they are releasing an album in the Spring, then touring the festivals in Europe, then a small US tour. My favorite song on Slang, lets see Turn To Dust or Work It Out, I like pretty much everything with minus Breathe A Sigh.

Wow, they aren't slowing down at all are they? Good for them. I can't wait to hear more DL.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2003, 07:44:02 PM »

I just hope they don't rush out an album.....they are sadly fading into obsurity and need some grade a material to turn that boat around.......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2003, 03:48:55 AM »

Well again the places I saw them were packed. And that was SLC Utah and LV Nevada. Which are two totally different markets.

The reviews for the last album were actually good. Believe it or not. They mentioned that the sound was lighter, but the critics were nice to their latest work.

DL can't get a fair shake I think. For instance Slang wasn't well recieved, but then when they came out with Euphoria they said it sounded like the same old stuff. So I ask people/critics: what the hell do you want?

Bottom line is that they sell lots of tickets still and that's good enough for me. People laugh at me when I tell them who I went to see, but who cares about those people.

I'd love to hear some yelling and screaming on their next album!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2003, 03:50:46 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2003, 08:28:37 AM »

Whats everyones fav leppard album: my top three are

Hysteria
Retro active
Adrenalize

though there is very little (if anything) betwee them

Quick! To the bandwagon!
darkdays_01
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2003, 03:24:15 PM »

Ok here is my list favorite to least :

Slang, i think if they would have released this in 92 instead of Adrenalize it would have been huge, also gave them some extra life selling records.
RetroActive, very good album Desert Song is fucking great, plus kick ass cover.
Hysteria: great album
X: I like it, alittle poppy but good album.
Pyromania: kick ass
High N Dry: kick ass
On Through The Night , good debut,Wasted rocks
Last two is tough i like both Euphoria and Adrenalize but they both seem rushed, Euphoria has it moments Paper Sun, Day After Day and Promises, so i ll give it the edge over Adrenalize, Tear It Down is good like the original version better.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2003, 04:56:48 PM »

Top 5:
Retroactive
Hysteria
High n' Dry
On Through The Night
Pyromania

No man can be my equal
SLCPUNK
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2003, 05:26:01 PM »

Hysteria
Pyromania
Euphoria
Retroactive

Something like that.... beer
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2003, 07:19:42 PM »

Not to change topic, keep puttin in your fav Leppard albums, but i would also like to know your fav songs

mine would have to be

1. Women
2. Miss you in a heartbeat
3. Photograph
4. Animal
5. Hysteria

Though even as i'm writing that i'm thinking of all the others...its when u try and make a top 5 of their songs it hits u how many of them i really like...hmm, will have to do a top 50 next time.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2003, 07:34:53 PM »

My personal top 5:

Ring of Fire (I listened it like 24 / 7 and never get tired of it)  yes
Hysteria
Animal
From The Inside
Rock It