Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:08:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot Says Bands Don't Need Labels
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot Says Bands Don't Need Labels  (Read 6066 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2011, 03:22:58 AM »

^
Well it really depends on what level of success u are looking at though.

If u want to be a nice Indy band with a cult/hardcore following, then NO u don't need a label.

If u want to end up on the cover of Rolling Stone and sell out arenas across the globe, u probably will have to have a label helping u out staring out in your career.

That's exactly what i was saying D! You made my answer in 2 lines, congrats!  ok hihi nice!

@ Mysteron : A part of me also dislikes label... i mean im aware that they rip off artists big time and most of the times they get involved in stuff they shouldn't... like for example demanding the artist to change the songs a little bit, so they can become more marketable and stuff like that. I hate that!
But there's another part of me who loves the old way of doing things. The bar circuit, the rise to the occasion, the label contract and finally a cd. If i was a musician i would love to play the bars and then rise as a band from nothing, that's so much fun, its probably when you grow as a band and a human being!

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: