Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:46:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Dr.Dre - Detox
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr.Dre - Detox  (Read 6772 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 03:37:09 AM »

Bottom line is, this new material has nothing on 2001. 2001 was very superior, at least on the singles...

And whats the deal of having Dr.Dre singing on a mostly Eminem song... "i need a doctor". I thought this was Dr.Dre's album, not Eminem. Dre only appears in the end of the song WTF  nervous

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 09:51:17 PM »

And whats the deal of having Dr.Dre singing on a mostly Eminem song... "i need a doctor". I thought this was Dr.Dre's album, not Eminem. Dre only appears in the end of the song WTF  nervous

Have you listened to a Dr. Dre album before?  It's always 90% other artists, Dre knows his strength is much more in producing than rapping.  He's not even on Xxplosive at all and that's easily one of the top 5 songs on 2001!  The Chronic was practically a Snoop album.

Anyways, I love the songs.  Not as good as the best stuff from the old albums, but better than the worst.  I had heard the leak of "I Need A Doctor" before the Grammy performance, so I guess I was already used to the production, I think it sounds different in a good way.  That live performance was awesome though... Eminem is on fire lately, hope they do some shows together this year.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 03:13:17 AM »

Have you listened to a Dr. Dre album before?  It's always 90% other artists, Dre knows his strength is much more in producing than rapping.  He's not even on Xxplosive at all and that's easily one of the top 5 songs on 2001!  The Chronic was practically a Snoop album.

Anyways, I love the songs.  Not as good as the best stuff from the old albums, but better than the worst.  I had heard the leak of "I Need A Doctor" before the Grammy performance, so I guess I was already used to the production, I think it sounds different in a good way.  That live performance was awesome though... Eminem is on fire lately, hope they do some shows together this year.

You're actually right on that, but to me Xplosive is not even among the best songs on that album.
I like exactly the songs where Dre sings on them like "Still Dre", "The Watcher", "What's The Difference", "Forgot about Dre", "Next Episode", those are my absolute favorite on that album and i love Dr. Dre's voice, so im hoping to see songs were he sings more than other artists.
I think its a bad move though to put a song where he hardly sings on national TV, i agree on the production thing, i love Dr.Dre as a producer the most.
I guess i was expecting like a "Still Dre" single or a "California Love" kind of single, where Dre sings like more than half of the song.

Kush is not bad, but i think Akon kinda ruins it, and the work done there is just different, its too futuristic for me, i like something more simple, you don't need all this kind of effects to make a good song, but then again, i was born listening to traditional Rock and Hip Hop, so i might be a little bit closed minded to that.

"I need a doctor" comes close to what i would expect in a song from Dr.Dre, its more simple than "Kush". The only thing is Dr.Dre only singing like 30 seconds on the song... i would prefer a half Dre half Eminem song, or Eminem singing those last 30 seconds.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:17:41 AM by Halo69 » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 04:29:28 AM »

I love "I need a DR" don't get me wrong... but i do question that type of song..

if u listen to the lyrics.. it really paints Dr Dre in a terrible light. He is a production genius, the best at what he does.. but listening to that... it really busts that illusion of his genius and greatness by showing him in a shitty way.

imagine if Tommy or Robin or Bucket or Dizzy wrote a song about Axl saying how he couldn't write lyrics or come up with a decent melody etc.....

the song shows Dre isn't some eccentric "Perfectionist" but just couldn't come up with anything.

think if CD took so long cause Axl was Dre like........

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2011, 05:03:51 AM »

i don't agree with the lyrics part. I think the song shows the most sensitive Dr.Dre we've ever seen. It shows his soft side.

I think the song is a retrospective to his life. Its when comes that day, after all those years, and you actually feel and realize what happened, and you think about it, and the sensitive and soft part of you takes over for a bit.

In the first part of the video you see Dre thinkin about the things that have been haunting him for awhile and almost burst into tears.

I think he's trying to show why he felt so undecided and so lost during the years and why it took so many years for him to address it. He's showing what he had to overcome and that he had a lot of things going on, and how is life changed over the years so fast.

The song delivers a great message, and the concept is actually very inteligent.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: