Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:04:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  GUNS 2 ROSES & LIL WAYNE NEXT SINGLE - Tribute band goes original and US tour
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS 2 ROSES & LIL WAYNE NEXT SINGLE - Tribute band goes original and US tour  (Read 3169 times)
g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: January 02, 2012, 08:55:55 AM »

Hey guys

Its not very often i've much to say in this section other than shameless plugging but I thought I would share the news with you.
Due to some recent appearances I had with Lady GaGa a few months back we got spotted by Lil Wayne's management and were requested to be on his next single and music video. This is to be released on February 4th.

The music video is also set to be a mini film where Lil Wayne and Birdman are driving around and by chance turn up at some sleazy biker bar where Guns 2 Roses are performing (originally set to be Steel Panther) a Aerosmith / Run DMC style scuffle kicks off between me and them but it all turns out cool in the end kinda thing and we jam together.

Originally we would have been covering a GNR track in the beginging of the video however Universal and myself decided its time we do something of our own so Guns 2 Roses will be performing on that video an original track of our own but still in the image and style of the classic GNR gimmick.

That track will be made available by Universal via Itunes with an album release in the pipeline. In 2012 they want to put us out with Steel Panther and amongst other places House Of Blues in Las Vegas is one of the joints were heading and a few places in New York. We start filming in a couple of weeks. We are working on the new song today.

Anyways not much else i can say other than watch this space.
Thank you everyone who has supported us on this forum and at our shows throughout the years.

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 05:56:01 AM »

That's cool man! Looking forward hearing/seeing it  Cool
g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 09:08:13 AM »

Production for The first Guns 2 Roses original single is underway. Ironically titled "Just Be Yourself" lets just call it an ironic musical autobiography. This will be featured on the upcoming Lil Wayne video with its own release in late February.

Lyrics by Me
www.guns2roses.co.uk

Music by Jacky Rogue of Kitty Lipps
https://www.facebook.com/KittyLipps

Backing Vocals by Natalie of BABY GAGA (formerly known as SkynyrdGirl here i believe).
https://www.facebook.com/nataliebabygaga

g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 05:45:05 AM »

Some slight changes to the original plan. The Lil Wayne thing has been postponed to the summer. The single by Guns 2 Roses to be used is Just Be Yourself. Since the original plan its been picked up by Steel Panther's management who actually want to push it as a single. I guess they see Guns 2 Roses a bit like Steel Panther a bunch of guys dressed as someone they ain't. Lol anyways big things on the horizon will keep you all posted. Thank you to everyone who supported me and Guns 2 Roses thus far since 2004.
The single is being previewed tonight in Wimbledon, London.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:56:58 AM by g2r_Axl » Logged

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 07:21:40 PM »

pretty cool man! will be interresting to see even though lilwayne suck ass
g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 06:28:49 AM »

Will be putting the demo out sometime next week we played it via cd before the show last night. I also sent it to BBF who gave me this quick review...

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 06:37:37 AM »

cool sauce!
DnR
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 02:21:22 PM »

Congrats man, always do kick ass shows with so much energy!  ok
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: