Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 07:49:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Terminator 4 Salvation: The Future Begins
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terminator 4 Salvation: The Future Begins  (Read 51495 times)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2008, 08:48:27 PM »

They're already talking about the next movie!!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51301

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: December 18, 2008, 02:23:24 AM »

I'm skeptical about this flick because of the lack of ARNOLD, but ill give it a shot. Hope it's better than i expect

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2009, 06:53:18 PM »

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40287

New theatrical trailer.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2009, 07:48:01 PM »

A nin song is in the trailer.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2009, 07:52:01 PM »

Yep i noticed that too. Appropriate song too i think.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2009, 07:54:26 PM »

Very cool trailer. Seems a bit CGI heavy though.

Im waiting on that age rating still before i decide whether this should be awesome or not.

html sucks
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2009, 07:59:52 PM »

Why?  Its not like theres never been a great PG 13 movie before.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2009, 08:02:09 PM »

Yeah i think it looks really cool. The age rating doesn't matter much to me if its R or PG-13. I mean Live Free Or Die Hard was PG-13 and still very good.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2009, 11:01:52 PM »

awesome trailer.. this movie is gonna be better than a lot of people think!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2009, 11:04:48 PM »

I find this comment from February 2008 to be kind of funny....

It's gotta be a cash grab from Bale. He's not getting paid anywhere near as much as he deserves for the Batman movies because they aren't huge box office smashes.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2009, 11:14:11 PM »

I am very skeptical of this movie also. It looks like it could be decent but I dunno.

There is a rumor floating around that Christian Bale originally turned down the movie role. MCG asked what do i gotta do? And bale said make the movie be able to be done on a stage with no special effects. So he went out and hired Nolan to do some rewrites and than Bale read it and signed on.

Hopefully that means the movie will have a cohesive and interesting story and not just explosion after explosion.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2009, 02:32:43 AM »

I have to say that this movie was truly spectacular. I watched it two times in the cinema, I loved it both times. Visually it's stunning. A truly post-apocalyptic landscape with terminators and other killing machines roaming around freely with the surviving humans scattered around in small groups of resistance. The rest are put in enormous prison camps. We get much more insight into this future world in this movie than in the previous ones, where the action takes place in the present. This time we get to see it all. The terminators are many, and they are ever-present throughout the movie. Yes, those metal-skeleton ones we love so much to see, and they are savage as hell. It's a very impressive movie, and one that I would recommend to anyone. If you have watched the other Terminator movies or you just want one hell of an action adventure, this is a must-see. Movie of the year.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2009, 06:21:50 AM »

i dug on it also. Wish it had been a higher rating though. But for the most part it was great, a lil bit of cheese, but nothing major.

also i liked how they got GNR in there, and also Alice In Chains which was very unexpected by done very well.

html sucks
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2009, 06:29:19 AM »

I have to say that this movie was truly spectacular. I watched it two times in the cinema, I loved it both times. Visually it's stunning. A truly post-apocalyptic landscape with terminators and other killing machines roaming around freely with the surviving humans scattered around in small groups of resistance. The rest are put in enormous prison camps. We get much more insight into this future world in this movie than in the previous ones, where the action takes place in the present. This time we get to see it all. The terminators are many, and they are ever-present throughout the movie. Yes, those metal-skeleton ones we love so much to see, and they are savage as hell. It's a very impressive movie, and one that I would recommend to anyone. If you have watched the other Terminator movies or you just want one hell of an action adventure, this is a must-see. Movie of the year.

Seriously???  I saw it and thought it was one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen, and I'm a fan of the franchise!  Without giving too much away, the events of the final third of the movie are so ridiculously inept I actually laughed aloud at the preposterousness of it all.  The story throughout is a disjointed jumbled mess with poor pacing and even worse dialogue.

There are also a few Dr Evil style "just fucking kill him!" moments were these ultimate killing machines make such a friggin meal of "terminating" someone it's a miracle the war had lasted 5 minutes.

Utter tripe and an embarrassment to the first 2 films (3 was so-so).
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2009, 08:35:38 AM »

Seriously???  I saw it and thought it was one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen, and I'm a fan of the franchise!  Without giving too much away, the events of the final third of the movie are so ridiculously inept I actually laughed aloud at the preposterousness of it all.  The story throughout is a disjointed jumbled mess with poor pacing and even worse dialogue.

There are also a few Dr Evil style "just fucking kill him!" moments were these ultimate killing machines make such a friggin meal of "terminating" someone it's a miracle the war had lasted 5 minutes.

You liked 3 better than this one?

I thought the fourth part was pretty cool. A bit too cold and steely but it suited the movie ok. The plot was decent too and the MotoTerminators were awesome. All in all not as great as T2 but a good instalment in the chain.

Fuck 'Em All.
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2009, 09:58:33 AM »

I thought the fourth part was pretty cool. A bit too cold and steely but it suited the movie ok. The plot was decent too and the MotoTerminators were awesome. All in all not as great as T2 but a good instalment in the chain.

Tough call between the 2, neither has much charm IMO!!!

With 4, I just particularly couldn't get passed a couple of really hideously bad moments near the end of the movie.  I don't want to throw out spoilers and mention them, but if you've seen it you'll know what I mean.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2009, 07:23:18 PM »

Mention them!  The movie has been out long enough....

Overall I enjoyed the 4th film... like someone already said, the scenes with Alice in Chains & GN'R (especially the tie in with the terminators locating them with the sound) were awesome.

Someone help me out here though, is Skynet looking for Kyle Reese because he is part of the resistance, or because he is John's father?  I think in the movie they said he is "#1 on the civiliian list being targeted by Skynet"... if that's the case, it doesn't make any sense at all.  Looking back at the first three movies, it seems to me that Skynet is NEVER aware that Kyle is John's father.  Furthermore, if they somehow DO know this.... why would they "capture" Reese instead of just putting a bullet in his head ASAP?

It also occurs to me while I'm typing this that in the 3rd movie, Arnold was "selected" to kill John in the future because of his childhood attachment to his model... this is something else that Skynet couldn't possibly know?  Also, when time travel is developed, why doesn't John just take a sports almanac back in time and give it to himself?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2009, 11:39:55 PM »

Someone help me out here though, is Skynet looking for Kyle Reese because he is part of the resistance, or because he is John's father?  I think in the movie they said he is "#1 on the civiliian list being targeted by Skynet"... if that's the case, it doesn't make any sense at all.  Looking back at the first three movies, it seems to me that Skynet is NEVER aware that Kyle is John's father.  Furthermore, if they somehow DO know this.... why would they "capture" Reese instead of just putting a bullet in his head ASAP?

Skynet wants Reese because he's John's father. Remember in Part 4, John hasn't yet send Reese back in time to Part 1. So if Skynet kills Reese, no more John Conner. The first three movies show the events before Skynet is created so we don't know whether it is 'aware' of the fact or not. It delays killing Reese since it knows  that John Conner will try and rescue him. Sort of use him as bait and get two birds with one stone, so to speak. The Reese - Conner relationship is sort of like the Grandfather Paradox.

It also occurs to me while I'm typing this that in the 3rd movie, Arnold was "selected" to kill John in the future because of his childhood attachment to his model... this is something else that Skynet couldn't possibly know?

The way I understand it is that Skynet has the same information about the events leading into Part 4 as Conner himself.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:48:25 PM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2009, 06:38:10 AM »

Tough call between the 2, neither has much charm IMO!!!

With 4, I just particularly couldn't get passed a couple of really hideously bad moments near the end of the movie.  I don't want to throw out spoilers and mention them, but if you've seen it you'll know what I mean.
you mean sneaking into skynet part? which even i thought would be impossible.

However the majority of the film rocked. and shit all over the horrid third one.

html sucks
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2009, 07:56:49 AM »

That is a minor plot hole in an other wise swiss cheese laden clusterfuck!!!

*****SPOILERS*****

Like the fact Skynet is so sensitive they can lure out Terminators from miles away with a radio, yet they can total half a forest when they are chasing the cyborg and not a peep.

I mean defibrillation with broken cable?  Heart transplant out in the wilderness with a doner that just happens to be compatible?  Those scenes just blew my brains for their complete stupidity.

All the really lame shoe-horned tributes to the previous movies.  They were all without fail, clumsy and cringe-worthy.

Why lure Conner into Skynet when they have Kyle Reese?  Just kill Reese and Conner fails to exist?

/*****SPOILERS*****

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: