Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 10:12:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227928 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  which band first got you into rock n roll???
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: which band first got you into rock n roll???  (Read 8341 times)
Bono
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2006, 06:13:33 PM »

I have alwasy been a fan of music since I was really little with my Raffi records. I loved songs but not untill Dr Feelgood and The Razor's Edge did I actually start paying attention to bands. That's when I started to put songs to bands and actually care who sang them. Then the video for You Could Be Mine came out and I was blown away. Axl looked and sounded so damn cool, Slash and his red guitar looked fucking deadly. I was hooked. The Illusion albums were the first albums I ever bought(on cassette) and I quickly became a massive Guns N' Roses fan. I'll always give Guns the credit for truely getting me into music in terms of haveing a genuine interest in bands rather than simply likeing songs that I heard. then after the Spaghetti Incident they dissapead and my musical taste shifted to Radiohead, The Cure, U2 and    bands along those lines. It would have been interesting to see how my musical tatse would've developed had Guns put out another album or two in the second half of the 90's.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2006, 07:34:32 AM »

I've always listened to The Beatles, since I was very little (my dad's a Beatle freak), but that was the only good band I listened to. What really got me into Rock n' Roll when I was 10/11 years old was hanging out with people who listened to Nirvana, SOAD, stuff like that. And my sister had just bought Live Era, I think that was the main thing. I also have this cousin who is crazy about Iron Maiden, he would come to my house and we would listen to Maiden all day and play that game, Ed Hunter.? hihi
I can't say it was one band only, quite a few actually, but mainly the ones mentioned above.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 07:36:04 AM by Mandy. » Logged
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2006, 07:52:51 AM »

Guns N' Roses / Metallica.

Use your Illusion II and Black Album ! a gift for my birthday...

Lithium
Headliner

You do it your way, I do it the Nor-way

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2006, 05:28:02 AM »

Kiss and Black Sabbath.

"If it's illegal to rock 'n' roll, throw my ass in jail!"
- Kurt Donald Cobain, Nirvana
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: