Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 05:41:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227927 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl doesn't deserve to use GNR in his solo effort
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl doesn't deserve to use GNR in his solo effort  (Read 8769 times)
masterv
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: July 29, 2006, 10:05:58 PM »

Slash, Duff and Matt would never have called their new band Guns N' Roses.
If anything, those guys are decent enough to realize that FAB Five is no more.
However, them owning the name and copy right would have ensured more sane and businee like attitude towards the catalogue. For example, they wouldn't be as stupid as Axl was to pass up the opportunity of having Welcome to the Jungle in Ridley Scott movie Blackhawk Down. Can you imagine how much money has Axl lost on it?
I don;t like sell outs, but to me at least, having a song played in an Oscar nominated and probably winning movie does not constutute a sell out.
Even if Axl does legally own the right to the name, morally he has no righ to use Guns N' Roses for the new band he is fronting. I have a huge respect for him as a singer and frontman, and GNR are my favourite band.
I know that Robin Finck and Ron Thal are awesome musicans, but they would be awesome musicians for something like Axl Rose Band, Hollywood Rose, Anything Rose, whatever.
If Mick Jagger kick out Keith Richards and others from Stones, and buys the name, no one in the world expect him to tour under Stones name.
Otherwise people would see him as traitor.
When Vince Neil tours solo, as he does in this moment, he doesn't use Motley Crue name.
I know I will be blasted for this, but I can't please everyone.
GNR are my favourite band, Axl is my favourite singer, but unfortunately it doesn't exist anymore.
That is sad, but everyone has moved on, maybe Axl should do the same.
As Slash said, Axl has tainted the name. 2002 MVA, Vancouver and Philly Riots are a direct proof of that.
If Axl comes to Toronto, I would prolly go see him, but I will never accept this group as more than Axl + 7 or whatever musicians. What a shame for having 3 guitarists as opposed to 2.
Richard Fortus, Robin Finck and Ron Thal are awesome, I am positive, but Gilby and Slash, as 2, can do something that those ones do in 3. Who is better now?
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 10:07:24 PM »

Guess what? No one cares!
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 10:08:06 PM »

Okay.
Gnr_man202
Headliner

...CD comes out when?

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 10:08:46 PM »

Slash, Duff and Matt would never have called their new band Guns N' Roses.
You're right.

Because Axl owns the name Wink

CD came out?!!!! CD came out?!!!!!
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 10:12:53 PM »

can we cut the shit already, enough of this.? GUNS N' ROSES is about to finish a huge, successfull European Tour.? Then come back to the US and kick more ass.? For anyone who feels this isn't GNR, then simply don't go see them and don't buy CD when it comes out, but don't try to force your opinion on other GUNS N' ROSES fans who support the new band.  And since Axl owns the name, he derserves whatever comes from the new band whether its good or bad.

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 10:19:03 PM »

Cry about the name to someone who gives a shit, to me if Axl's there singing, then it's GNR.

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
masterv
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 10:23:16 PM »

i am just pissed at Axl about the way he handled the copyright issue.
Not to mention making everyone wait for hour and a half, so he is preciouseness can have his favourite lamb roast.
And then he is surprised why people throw stuff at him and rest of "GNR band"
How about starting shows on time??!?!?!!?   
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 10:24:58 PM »

That lamb roast thing was bullshit.  So get the facts straight first. 
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 10:25:15 PM »

Not to mention making everyone wait for hour and a half, so he is preciouseness can have his favourite lamb roast.
How about starting shows on time??!?!?!!?? ?

One thing has nothing to do with the other.
You're boring. Go play in traffic.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 10:26:42 PM »

GNR have NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER started shows on time, even WITH duff, slash, and the rest of the guys.

and wow, you just developed an opinion different that everyone, good job.  Roll Eyes
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 10:28:39 PM »

I could really care less if they start on time.  At the Hammerstein show on the 15th BFMV finished at 9:15, GNR didnt come on until 11:05, almost 2 hours later, but no gave a shit, we all drank and enjoyed the atmosphere.  Now in the heat might be alittle different, but I dont think anyone goes to a GNR concert expecting things to be on time.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 10:31:04 PM »

Doesn't it strike everyone as strange, that after every event that is going to create massive "visits" to the GNR boards, ie 1st Wembley gig with invites to GNR VIP acoustic set, that we get trollers that post topics like this one? ?I suggest everyone just ignore this post so it dies, or the thread is locked. ?Pathetic.  Same post put on every board simultaneously.  Is it Weiland or VR that you street team for?  This is now the eighth or ninth big event this year that these simultaneous stupid, revisionist history posts are submitted by these doucebags.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 10:43:29 PM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
Gnr_man202
Headliner

...CD comes out when?

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 10:35:19 PM »

How about starting shows on time??!?!?!!?   

One thing has nothing to do with the other.
You're boring. Go play in traffic.
Sweet (and short), and to the point.

Very good.  Cool
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 10:37:47 PM by Gnr_man202 » Logged

CD came out?!!!! CD came out?!!!!!
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 10:38:48 PM »

"Mama, the poor ol' horse is being beatin' again...what do we do?

"It's oK son, it's been done a million times before...he;s nuthin' but ol' dust now...there, there!"

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
misterbrownstone
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2006, 10:42:07 PM »

cool.

not only are you wasting people's time at CD.com by posting the exact same thing, but you decided to bore people here, too!

keep up the good work : ok :.
masterv
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2006, 10:43:51 PM »

According to Mirror.co.uk, Axl Rose nearly sparked a riot at a reunion concert by allegedly refusing to go on stage until he had eaten a roast lamb dinner.

The 44-year-old GUNS N' ROSES singer reportedly kept fans waiting an hour and 15 minutes in sweltering heat on Wednesday (July 19) while caterers rushed to prepare his grub.

Thousands started jeering and throwing objects at the stage in Newcastle, England, but wildman Axl ? who flew in by helicopter ? allegedly refused to budge.

Fan Saskia Green, 25, said: "It was really hot and the crowd was booing because he was taking forever.

"A security guard said the delay was caused by Axl demanding a lamb dinner before he went on ? very rock 'n' roll."

Colin Revel, manager of the Metro Arena, confirmed to Mirror.co.uk Axl refused to play until he had been fed, adding, "Only a roast dinner would do."
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2006, 10:43:58 PM »

Cry about the name to someone who gives a shit, to me if Axl's there singing, then it's GNR.

well, that kinda musical insight says a lot, thanks. I will never be listening to you again. (not that I have before, hahah).

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2006, 10:45:53 PM »

According to Mirror.co.uk, Axl Rose nearly ...

According to us you should shut the fuck up and stop posting, Gumby.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2006, 10:46:48 PM »

According to Mirror.co.uk, Axl Rose nearly sparked a riot at a reunion concert by allegedly refusing to go on stage until he had eaten a roast lamb dinner.

The 44-year-old GUNS N' ROSES singer reportedly kept fans waiting an hour and 15 minutes in sweltering heat on Wednesday (July 19) while caterers rushed to prepare his grub.

Thousands started jeering and throwing objects at the stage in Newcastle, England, but wildman Axl ? who flew in by helicopter ? allegedly refused to budge.

Fan Saskia Green, 25, said: "It was really hot and the crowd was booing because he was taking forever.

"A security guard said the delay was caused by Axl demanding a lamb dinner before he went on ? very rock 'n' roll."

Colin Revel, manager of the Metro Arena, confirmed to Mirror.co.uk Axl refused to play until he had been fed, adding, "Only a roast dinner would do."

Richard Fortus has already said this is bullshit...nice try though...keep it comin' bitch!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Steel_Angel
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2006, 10:47:19 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=33569.0

Richard has asked me to post this message from him concerning the Newcastle gig and the entire European tour:

To my knowledge, there was never a bottle thrown at the stage while we were on it. ?Newcastle (in my opinion), was one of (if not the), best shows of the tour. ?It was also the hottest! ?It was a steam bath! ?The fans were amazing, and seemed 100% with us the entire show. ?It was a really magical show for me, until the very end. During Night Train, someone threw a coin and it hit Axl and he stopped us and we walked off. ?We made an announcement that we weren't going to keep playing if anything else was thrown. ?Unfortunately, we came back, started the song again and the same thing happened. ?So we left. ?That's what this band has always done when people keep throwing shit. ?Maybe people were booing in the back. ?If they were, i sure as hell didn't hear it nor did I see it. ?Except for some asshole that ruined it for everyone, it was one of the greatest shows of my life. ?The Newcastle audience was amazing. ?The press reports that I've read made it sound as though we were bottled and booed off the stage, but as usual they are full of shit. ? That includes the story about Axl refusing to go on until he got a roast duck dinner. ?Complete bullshit. ?I know, i was with him. ?Blatant lies. ?Don't believe what you read kiddies! ?The fans have been amazing here in Europe. ?It's pretty overwhelming. ?I'd like to personally thank all the fans that have come to the shows. ?Especially the ones that didn't come as fans, but left as fans. ?Your emails and all the posts on the websites have really meant a lot. ?oh yeah, one more thing. ?Izzy Stradlin is one of the coolest people i've ever had the pleasure of knowing. ?It's a pleasure to play with him and to hang out with him. ?Again, thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone that has helped make this tour so much fun.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now go home.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: