Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:34:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Martin Scorsese-The Departed
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Martin Scorsese-The Departed  (Read 5865 times)
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2006, 11:50:16 PM »

Just saw this movie tonight, I loved it.  ok

DLT.  Shocked

This is MovieAddict.  Grin

You should post here more often man.

Im thinking about it, I've actually been a member here for about a year but forgot i signed up.  Tongue Came in handy for getting the pre-sale for hammerstein though.  Grin
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2006, 11:53:02 PM »

DLT.  Shocked

Im thinking about it, I've actually been a member here for about a year but forgot i signed up.  Tongue Came in handy for getting the pre-sale for hammerstein though.  Grin

It's better than MyGNRForum IMO, I stopped going back there. I miss a few posters there but the people here in general seem to be more mature and open - topics like this wouldn't get much thought from anyone over there. So yeah you should definitely post here more.  hihi
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2006, 11:54:40 PM »

DLT.  Shocked

It's better than MyGNRForum IMO, I stopped going back there. I miss a few posters there but the people here in general seem to be more mature and open - topics like this wouldn't get much thought from anyone over there. So yeah you should definitely post here more.  hihi

I've been browsing mygnr occasionaly but it makes me sick, all they do is argue, Slash Vs. Robin, New Vs. Old. I like both I don't see why other people can't or at least ignore the other. Anyway we better stop before this thread gets off topic.  hihi
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2006, 11:57:38 PM »

DLT.  Shocked

I've been browsing mygnr occasionaly but it makes me sick, all they do is argue, Slash Vs. Robin, New Vs. Old. I like both I don't see why other people can't or at least ignore the other. Anyway we better stop before this thread gets off topic.  hihi

Yeah.

Anyways I am hoping to see The Departed soon, but after my last experience at the theater with the scary man trying to mug me I don't plan on going back there during matinee hours.
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 12:01:29 AM »

DLT.  Shocked

Yeah.

Anyways I am hoping to see The Departed soon, but after my last experience at the theater with the scary man trying to mug me I don't plan on going back there during matinee hours.

I don't think you'll be disapointed with the movie. BTW, now that your forum is back up I started posting again.  beer
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 12:25:06 AM »

This is one of the best films I have seen in a long time and I even watched it twice now.  I also saw Infernal Affairs which it was based on which was also good, IMO but this re-make blows it away!

Whomever said this movie sucked and was boring obviously just didn't get it.  Great story, great action, great actors, what more could you want?
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 01:45:52 AM »

I can't believe you guys all liked this movie so much. I realized just how awful and cheesy this movie was when DiCaprio slept with Damon's girlfriend.
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 03:52:32 PM »

The original Infernal Affairs blows it away. The US/English speaking film industry is on it's knees. How many more hit movies are going to #1 that have been ripped off an Asian original. the Eye, Ring, Infernal Affairs. The script writters have alot to answer for, what originals do we have to look forward to this yr? Rocky 6, Rambo 4? Show some originality for god sake......

They would remake battle royal if they could, if only to be worried about the political correctness!

« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 03:57:49 PM by meanmachine73 » Logged

Keep em under your wheels.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2006, 09:57:08 AM »

Brilliant movie, from beginning to end. Great story, directing and acting.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2006, 02:10:24 AM »

Iv seen it twice now, fantastic, il prob go see it again aswell.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 06:48:11 PM »

saw it twice as well. best movie of 2006, the acting performances were all spot on and it was just perfect. i reccomend it to anyone who still hasnt seen it.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 07:36:40 PM »

Great, great film.  Honestly, I found all the head shots rather...unsettling, but still - very powerful, and a nice return to form for Scorsese and Nicholson.  My favorite Damon performance as well.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2007, 08:13:44 PM »

This film will definatly go down as one of the great classic crime movies. Best film i saw in 2006.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Polly Parrot
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2007, 08:19:38 PM »

I still have to see this one.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2007, 08:46:40 AM »

Ace film - really well done, everone put in such a good performance - who thought DiCaprio would develop into one of the very best actors in the world - and Matt Damon cant just act, he can act superbly - who knew?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: