Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:24:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  September 16 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: September 16 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint  (Read 124061 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2006, 06:28:43 PM »

Shit sorry to be flooding here. Just got off with Hard Rock. She said the obstruction comes from motherfuckers standing up in front of you are what could be an obstruction.

So now I got a coupld questions before I contact Ticketmaster. When you are on the floor. How easy is it to get drinks without losing your place? Like once you are on the floor, I would imagine that going to get a drink is futile as you will no longer be up close.

Am I safe to assume that the balcony has its own bar? So it would at least be cool cause you have your own place on the balcony right? Fuck...But not getting to see them....would be really bad. I figured the balcony would be arched like stadium seating. I can't imagine why they would design it so if you aren't in the front row you can have your shit obstructed? That is crazy... I feel and Axl rant coming on....I better get home soon so I can chill the fuck out.

edit: shit sorry Pat...answered this too. So Pat...between me and you...Im fucking screwed right? And my 5'3'' wife is really not going to be able to see shit right?

What about the other inquiries I have here.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 06:32:04 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2006, 06:33:59 PM »

Shit sorry to be flooding here. Just got off with Hard Rock. She said the obstruction comes from motherfuckers standing up in front of you are what could be an obstruction.

So now I got a coupld questions before I contact Ticketmaster. When you are on the floor. How easy is it to get drinks without losing your place? Like once you are on the floor, I would imagine that going to get a drink is futile as you will no longer be up close.

Am I safe to assume that the balcony has its own bar? So it would at least be cool cause you have your own place on the balcony right? Fuck...But not getting to see them....would be really bad. I figured the balcony would be arched like stadium seating. I can't imagine why they would design it so if you aren't in the front row you can have your shit obstructed? That is crazy... I feel and Axl rant coming on....I better get home soon so I can chill the fuck out.

The Balcony does have its own bar...on the floor, losing your place while getting drinks shouldnt be a problem, you'll just have to work your way up again...but remember, this place is beyond tiny.....Hammerstein is HUGE compared this place...so even if your not "front row"  you're really fuckin close. I saw Motley Crue here about a year ago, and I was getting so many drinks, I just said fuck it and stood at the bar the whole time, and I didn't miss a thing, it was still very close compared to any other venue. This place is basically a bar without any tables in the middle.

Axl is God.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2006, 06:35:11 PM »

yes if your on the floor and leave to get drinks or piss you will mostly likely lose your place, u move and someone moves up and thats how u get closer and closer to the stage. also it looks like the balcony area does have a seperate bar. also im think once the lights go down im moving as close to the balcony railing as possible. and maybe ill get lucky. im not letting some fuckers standing infront of me fuck up the show. i'm 6 foot!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2006, 06:40:20 PM »

yes if your on the floor and leave to get drinks or piss you will mostly likely lose your place, u move and someone moves up and thats how u get closer and closer to the stage. also it looks like the balcony area does have a seperate bar. also im think once the lights go down im moving as close to the balcony railing as possible. and maybe ill get lucky. im not letting some fuckers standing infront of me fuck up the show. i'm 6 foot!

Im 5'8'' and my wifes 5'3'' so we dont have the same benefit hieght wise. I luckily I guess, don't have an actual seat, so I will be trying to get to the railing too. Im sure everyone else will be too so I am hoping this wont get ugly. I wonder what is better...being in the middle of the floor, or being against the railing on the balcony....

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2006, 06:45:51 PM »

Im 5'8'' and my wifes 5'3'' so we dont have the same benefit hieght wise. I luckily I guess, don't have an actual seat, so I will be trying to get to the railing too. Im sure everyone else will be too so I am hoping this wont get ugly. I wonder what is better...being in the middle of the floor, or being against the railing on the balcony....

I'm a big dude, the first two shows at the Hammerstein I was on the floor. Was sore as hell afterwards but had a great time and got real close to the stage. It was nice though to have the balcony seats the next two nights to recover. The pain in the ass with balcony seats are the people that think just because they dont feel like standing for the whole show, everyone else in their line of sight has to sit also.

Fuck, you just sat down for 2 hours waiting for the band to take the stage. Stand the hell up. Its a Rock n Roll show not frigging Barbara Streisand

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Annie
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2006, 06:52:07 PM »

I absolutely adored Mezz1 at the Hammerstein! I met really nice people and on the 2nd night I danced all night and I even got my picture in Rolling Stone. Hey it's tiny but it's in there! I am very tiny and I am in 205 so stand behind me! When I was in front at the Joint 5 years ago a really nice big guy protected me but I still had bruises on my chest from the rail! We can all meet a the preparty and go up together! I don't think I will be able to sit once the music starts!
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2006, 06:53:51 PM »

I absolutely adored Mezz1 at the Hammerstein! I met really nice people and on the 2nd night I danced all night and I even got my picture in Rolling Stone. Hey it's tiny but it's in there! I am very tiny and I am in 205 so stand behind me! When I was in front at the Joint 5 years ago a really nice big guy protected me but I still had bruises on my chest from the rail! We can all meet a the preparty and go up together! I don't think I will be able to sit once the music starts!

If you were the one in the front row dancing well before any music started, we saw you. Thanks for the entertainment. ok

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Annie
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2006, 06:55:37 PM »

That was me! I almost fell over the rail 3 times! I am normally a very shy person but the spirit of the music just took over me! hihi
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2006, 07:01:00 PM »

I almost fell over the rail 3 times!

Yep, that was you hihi We thought you were going over that rail for sure a couple times.

Be proud that you kept a pretty good sized group of us on the floor entertained before the show started.  peace

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2006, 07:08:36 PM »

That was me! I almost fell over the rail 3 times! I am normally a very shy person but the spirit of the music just took over me! hihi

fuck yeah i remeber you. you were dancing all over mezz 1 on the 14th show. i was a few rows behind you. all the dudes on the floor below were getting a nice show. and mezz1 was great on the 14th at hammerstein. i had 3 seats empty on my left hand side since either the people there moved and never came back.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2006, 07:18:33 PM »

Alright fuckers calm down...

so what was she wearing  yes

Kujo
Legend

« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2006, 07:21:16 PM »

It was hard to tell from the front of the stage, there was so little clothes to describe hihi

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2006, 08:13:48 PM »

i think maybe a short mini skirt type of thing and maybe a wifebeater tshirt or something like a tanktop.
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2006, 10:40:37 PM »

Alright I am a horrible artist and I didn't have a lot of time, but this is basically how the balcony is set up.? just add a 2nd row of tables.? I think even the GA section has tables too.? No one usually stands up, most people sit.? Just imagine it with levels, 2nd row is higher, GA is higher. but the cealing is low so you won't be able to see the top of the stage from GA in balcony.? You ca nhardly see the regular stage, you will see Axl from about the waist up and be blocked by the heads of the people in front of you.?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 10:47:34 PM by phreakofnature » Logged
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2006, 11:48:02 PM »

Alright I am a horrible artist and I didn't have a lot of time, but this is basically how the balcony is set up.? just add a 2nd row of tables.? I think even the GA section has tables too.? No one usually stands up, most people sit.? Just imagine it with levels, 2nd row is higher, GA is higher. but the cealing is low so you won't be able to see the top of the stage from GA in balcony.? You ca nhardly see the regular stage, you will see Axl from about the waist up and be blocked by the heads of the people in front of you.?

How come Axl is the only one smiling?

And Annie, I saw you too, haha! Grin
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2006, 11:49:47 PM »

cause you are looking at the back of everyone elses head lol
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2006, 11:51:04 PM »

cause you are looking at the back of everyone elses head lol

haha, not me I am on the floor smiling and singing!? great pic though, that just made me laugh really hard! beer

you should submit this to the Hard Rock to use on their site, lol
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 11:53:29 PM by Bandita » Logged
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2006, 12:12:31 AM »

Thanks for the illustration freak. So you telling me, people really shouldn't be standing and getting close to the railing on the balcony? The balcony is definitely better it seems for getting drinks, but I dont want to only see part of GNR. Fuck that! So everyone who doesnt have seats are suppose to stand up behind these tables?

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2006, 12:37:12 AM »

http://www.hardrockhotel.com/virtual/index.html

On this page towards the middle they have a virtual tour of The Joint.? I would guess the balcony is behind the tour for the VIP section which has tables and a rail.?Click your mouse on it and you can swing it around for a 360 degree view-

Place looks really small I wouldn't be worried that much-
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 12:39:36 AM by Bandita » Logged
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2006, 01:12:01 AM »

Thanks for the illustration freak. So you telling me, people really shouldn't be standing and getting close to the railing on the balcony? The balcony is definitely better it seems for getting drinks, but I dont want to only see part of GNR. Fuck that! So everyone who doesnt have seats are suppose to stand up behind these tables?

Well, the first row of tables is right up against the balcony rail.? The concerts I have been to, everyone sat at the tables, they didn't get up and lean over the balcony. I don't know if it's allowed, but the tables are right next to it.? The concerts I have been too, EVERY section in the Balcony had tables, even General Admission.? I was in the back row last concert, and it sucked.? The first two rows are ok, the back i didn't care for.? I could only see the band from the waist up and every time they went in front of someone in the 1st row of tables I couldn't see them.? This map, look at the green part, it shows where the 1st two rows of tables are, then there is GA seating behind them.? I have not been to a show there where they made the GA people stand, there has always been tables. But for this show it could be different.

100 section - VIP's only
200 section - Sold to the public
GA - Sold to the Public

It is all one big room in the balcony, it's not like the VIP section is roped off or anything, the usher will just not let anyone sit in the front row.? That has been my experience anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: