Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:10:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  NIN to tour with GN'R...?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NIN to tour with GN'R...?  (Read 47084 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2004, 04:16:31 PM »

Bon jovi is to big for new gnr.. rofl
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2004, 04:19:03 PM »

yes, but he still sucks Axl's dick every now and then.  hihi

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2004, 04:36:03 PM »

No matter how Axl sees himself or his band and his perceived "wish" not to be "past it" is a moot point.? The fact of the matter is GNR are much more associated within the industry and the eyes of the general music listening public with the likes of Aerosmith than they ever have been or will be with bands such as NIN, Tool etc.

The GNR brand name is still a powerful commodity, unfortunately it carries major stigma along with as well.
here we go again....

how bout this...we wait and see what happens witht he image and radio play the new band gets when they get their material out there.

I said nothing about radio play or image, just perception. 

Motley Crue (another band widely associated within the industry and public knowledge as GNR)  tried to dash perception with their album "Generation Swine" with "updated" material and image and we all know how that went.

And before anyone goes all "The Crue suck" etc., the fact remains they emerged out of the same scene GNR did and it is a historical precedent to go by for comparison.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2004, 04:46:17 PM »

yes, but he still sucks Axl's dick every now and then.? hihi

What does bon jovi need with axl rose? I find it funny how alot of gnr fans bash jovi because axl said shit about them... I hear people saying aerosmith n bon jovi, but what in the world would gnr do witht ehm on tour, they're so much bigger then new gnr. I sure as hell know I want to enjoy a new gnr tour, not have to be side by side with other fans pissing n moaning..

I want he venues to be gnr fans, not fans of a now bigger group on a comeback tour,,,ROUND 248248724728..
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2004, 05:58:52 PM »

Wouldn't Robin's fingers get awfully sore if he played with both bands?

SG
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2004, 06:24:29 PM »

the fact remains they emerged out of the same scene GNR did and it is a historical precedent to go by for comparison.
They might have emerged out of the same scene but they defianlty didnt have the same amount of success/impact.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2004, 06:29:46 PM »

Came across this rumor at another board, maybe it's true and we'll see 91 all over again?

Would you please post a link to the board where you found this rumor???

If it were true, it would be fairly fucking dope.
Seeing the band that created the soundtrack of my childhood/pre-teens and my all time fav band at the same day.
Man, what could be better?

It's incredibly unlikely, though.
I can't imagine Reznor wanting to associate himself/nin with GNR and old fashioned hard rock,ever. I would guess Axl feels same way towards TR/nin. They're too far away from eachother, so to speak. Different approach to music,different goals/motivations and pretty different fan base. It's almost as absurd as  the idea of Ministry touring with Aerosmith.

Reznor and Rose both have too huge egoes to be able to tour together.
I think Bowie is the only "band" in the world TR would be willing to warm up for.Deep down inside he is far too huge a diva to share stage with something as huge as GNR.

Nin's new album is (supposedly) coming next march and they (supposedly)start touring around march too.
I can't see CD or GNr tour coming out by then. Reznor has most likely retired  by the time Axl begins searching warm up bands.

Reznor's comments about the infamous nin/skid row/GNR -gig:  Grin

" ... Axl Rose made contact with us. He was a fan, and wanted to
  help out. We were going to Europe to do a tour and figured what better
  way to confuse people then to open for Gn'R? Se we did, and the audience
  hated us. We were terrified to start with, and then were talking onstage
  in front of 65,000 people in Germany. The first song goes okay. Second
  song people begin to realize we're not Skid Row, who came on after us.
  Third song they'd confirmed the fact that they've heard a synthesizer
  and its time to attack. There's something about the sight of every
  single person flipping you off in a giant stadium that makes you go
  numb. I started laughing, then insulted them with everything I could
  think of "

« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 06:44:02 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2004, 07:09:00 PM »

They might have emerged out of the same scene but they defianlty didnt have the same amount of success/impact.

So?

That falls in line with going all "The Crue suck" etc. rhetoric, devaluing another's bands accomplishments to hopefully alter/raise perception of another.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2004, 07:43:09 PM »

moley crue...oh my god...we are not in the 80's anymore! and cinderella? and poison? and the make-up? come on... Roll Eyes

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2004, 07:55:53 PM »

moley crue...oh my god...we are not in the 80's anymore! and cinderella? and poison? and the make-up? come on... Roll Eyes

Ok, this won't turn into a "I love Poison, they rock" thread.

Just keep that in mind.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2004, 08:39:06 PM »

Ok, this won't turn into a "I love Poison, they rock" thread.

Just keep that in mind.

/jarmo

That's exactly what I was trying to avoid as well, that's why I ran the disclaimer.

Should've known someone wouldn't get the analogy and take it that direction.

Let me make it a bit clearer: 

GNR are closer in perception to the likes of Motley than they are that of NIN.

That fact is unarguable.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2004, 08:48:09 PM »

i dont know if they are TODAY. Coz we dont know exactly what kind of music they are making... its hard to put GNR in a genere right now. Just gotta wait and see...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2004, 08:51:56 PM »

i dont know if they are TODAY. Coz we dont know exactly what kind of music they are making... its hard to put GNR in a genere right now. Just gotta wait and see...

If they're going to use the GNR brand name (which is fine by me) they will have to except (and try to overcome for that matter) the perceptions that go along with it.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2004, 08:59:31 PM »

If they're going to use the GNR brand name (which is fine by me) they will have to except (and try to overcome for that matter) the perceptions that go along with it.

Yes, sure, but they have changed the music style, and since its a bit differentn music, then maybe they are reaching another gener, and not only the Hardrock kind of thing, that everyone relates to the 80s...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2004, 09:09:10 PM »

Yes, sure, but they have changed the music style, and since its a bit differentn music, then maybe they are reaching another gener, and not only the Hardrock kind of thing, that everyone relates to the 80s...

So did The Crue.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2004, 12:05:11 AM »

So did The Crue.

It all comes down to writing good riffs and catchy choruses, no matter the genre.  Something the crue hasn't done since the 80's.  That will be the difference between the Crue's attempt at a comeback and Axl's.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2004, 04:09:21 AM »

So did The Crue.

It all comes down to writing good riffs and catchy choruses, no matter the genre.? Something the crue hasn't done since the 80's.? That will be the difference between the Crue's attempt at a comeback and Axl's.

It's all down to a matter of opinion, but I thought Motley Crue's 1994 self-titled album and "Generation Swine" were great albums and they barely resembled what the Crue sounded like in the 80's. But then I guess people don't really like change.

Motley went back to their lame 80's sound after that, such a shame with the potential they showed...

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2004, 04:34:30 AM »

I think new GNR and NIN touring would be awesome. It'd be an edgy unpredictable vibe, but would get both bands alot of attention and could be something huge i reckon

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2004, 11:04:26 AM »

Even though I don't believe this scenario is posible, I really hope NIN don't open for gnr, I don't like their music at all.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2004, 07:27:53 PM »

But you may possibly change your mind after listening NINs new release. And GNRs one. Roll Eyes

Personally I don?t care who opens for GNR, but I?d rather see GNR not considered in the same league with the bands under their own inertia. Fresh n bright bands are preferable still NIN is jolly ? bad? Maybe short of tickets.
Well, it?s just another dodgy rumour.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: