Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:26:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Question for Nu Guns Noobies
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question for Nu Guns Noobies  (Read 17613 times)
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2006, 06:38:36 PM »

People like me? A fellow G'n'R fan who's been there since the beginning? I see, My bad... nobody's holding a gun to your head to be here bro... are they?

Because you piss me off with all your bullshit and Im not the only one pissed off by it. After 6 years of debating the same old shit I got tired of it! It's like beating a dead horse...and it never stops.

You sound like a bitter old man after your girlfriend left you 10 years ago.

Oh and btw, Ive been there from the beginning too. Whats your point.

Like i already said, if you're 25 as stated, then u were 6 'in the beginning'. I smell BS bro... care to explain yourself to the forum?!  hihi

I've been a fan since 1988.  I am 30 now.  Did I have to live in LA and go to clubs in order to be a fan?  Being a fan is more then going to live shows.  It's liking the music you can hear and reading about them every chance you can get. 

I'm not a newbie, at least I don't consider myself one.  I've been following this incarnation of GNR since 2002, on these boards and otherwise.  I did take a break between 1992 and 2002 for personal reasons (saving my life to be exact)  I felt like I needed to respond to this though.  I'm not sure anyone can tell me or anyone else how big a fan I am.  It's a personal thing.  Just because you had the good fortune to be at the right place at the right time doesn't make you a bigger fan then anyone else.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Jonathan
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2006, 06:41:23 PM »

Ok, so i'm curious. Having read alot of threads here it occurs to me that most here are too young to have experienced Guns'n' Roses in their prime. So, what is it about Nu Guns that you find so appealing? I mean lets face it - this is now a 44 year old man (Axl) and a bunch of hired hands playing the majority of songs made famous by its legendary original members some 20 years ago. The best my friends (judging from the latest live reviews) appears to be long gone, so WHY do you younger fans in particular latch on to Guns n Roses now? Is there nothing else fresher or more 'dangerous', 'exciting' or totally 'rad' to be passionate about...

DISCUSS..........? ok

Let me ask you this...

Why did you create such a stupid thread?

I didn't think it was stupid at first, but a few seconds later, I did.

Why? Because you're just coming with stupid arguments after someone posted something positive about the "new" band.

Again, why did you create such a stupid thread if you're just gonna tell everybody that they're wrong about everything regarding GN'R?

People are entitled to their opinions, for fuck's sake, just accept it, stop trying to convince people with things that you seem to think is fact.

Lowrlder54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2006, 06:43:22 PM »

I dont think anyone suddenly started liking Guns N Roses because of the new stuff. Everyone who likes the new band pretty much liked the old, I really doubt they are going to make many new fans. Im 23, i guess im young, I didnt go to the shows when i was 10, but shit they were my first favorite band, i remember I had a UYI tee shirt in the 5th grade, I fucking loved them. I remember jaming out to November Rain, and thinking it was the greatest thing in the world.  We all know its not the same band obviously, in terms of stage presence of course the New GNR will fail in comparison, but its still axl, we get to hear his voice, its intriguing, and id rather hear axl at 40 with his new group, then 99 % of  the shit thats out today. Im not gonna be a fucking douchbag, shell out a shitload of money for concert tickets, then stand there complain and state the obvious. If you dont like it walk away, its just music.

Just lookin at axl, he seems to be enjoying himself, hes smiling and getting along with his band mates, and I think thats all that really matters, he dosnt have to please old fans, he dosnt owe anything to anyone, if you dont like it, then walk away, dont be the prick who booes the current guitarist and whines like a pathetic old fart.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2006, 06:45:35 PM »

I dont think anyone suddenly started liking Guns N Roses because of the new stuff. Everyone who likes the new band pretty much liked the old, I really doubt they are going to make many new fans. Im 23, i guess im young, I didnt go to the shows when i was 10, but shit they were my first favorite band, i remember I had a UYI tee shirt in the 5th grade, I fucking loved them. I remember jaming out to November Rain, and thinking it was the greatest thing in the world.? We all know its not the same band obviously, in terms of stage presence of course the New GNR will fail in comparison, but its still axl, we get to hear his voice, its intriguing, and id rather hear axl at 40 with his new group, then 99 % of? the shit thats out today. Im not gonna be a fucking douchbag, shell out a shitload of money for concert tickets, then stand there complain and state the obvious. If you dont like it walk away, its just music.

Just lookin at axl, he seems to be enjoying himself, hes smiling and getting along with his band mates, and I think thats all that really matters, he dosnt have to please old fans, he dosnt owe anything to anyone, if you dont like it, then walk away, dont be the prick who booes the current guitarist and whines like a pathetic old fart.

well said! I completety agree on that as I?ve been saying in other posts...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2006, 06:52:59 PM »

People like me? A fellow G'n'R fan who's been there since the beginning? I see, My bad... nobody's holding a gun to your head to be here bro... are they?

Because you piss me off with all your bullshit and Im not the only one pissed off by it. After 6 years of debating the same old shit I got tired of it! It's like beating a dead horse...and it never stops.

You sound like a bitter old man after your girlfriend left you 10 years ago.

Oh and btw, Ive been there from the beginning too. Whats your point.

Like i already said, if you're 25 as stated, then u were 6 'in the beginning'. I smell BS bro... care to explain yourself to the forum?!? hihi

I've been a fan since 1988.? I am 30 now.? Did I have to live in LA and go to clubs in order to be a fan?? Being a fan is more then going to live shows.? It's liking the music you can hear and reading about them every chance you can get.?

I'm not a newbie, at least I don't consider myself one.? I've been following this incarnation of GNR since 2002, on these boards and otherwise.? I did take a break between 1992 and 2002 for personal reasons (saving my life to be exact)? I felt like I needed to respond to this though.? I'm not sure anyone can tell me or anyone else how big a fan I am.? It's a personal thing.? Just because you had the good fortune to be at the right place at the right time doesn't make you a bigger fan then anyone else.

Hi Littlefly - let me clarify that the point of this thread is not about how big a fan anyone is. It's about KNOWING and understanding the significance of Guns n Roses in the bigger picture. It's unacceptable to me for newer fans of the band to be bashing the original players and creators of the Guns'n'Roses legacy and laughably stating that the likes of Bumblefuck and Robin Finckter etc are bigger/better than the legends they have been hired to imitate and that these current gigs surpass those from the heyday that are already written into rock history as some of the all time great live performances. Too any true fan, this is CLEARLY not the case. So i'm asking new fans why they are nu Guns fans so i can make my own conclusions about these issues. The fact that you get the odd 25 year old lying that they have been there since day one just adds to the fun of it all. You take care now LittleFly - glad you're a survivor... just like Uncle Axl eh. ?ok ?
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2006, 06:54:28 PM »

Saul, go see them in person, and then come here. ?Until then, go ahead and fool yourself into thinking that a three-trakc AOL, buffered, crap feed is a great representation. ?I've seen the old band numerous times. ?Love them! ?The new band, when in person, has a more full sound. ? Listen to them when they start jamming and what not--they are great musicians!!
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2006, 06:56:28 PM »

Am i being stupid in asking... what the fuck is a "Nu Guns Noobie??" Sounds like a baby trying to talk to me. And don't call me outdated and old, cos I'm only 18!
Steel_Angel
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2006, 07:06:25 PM »

lol!! the mullet fan means "new guns n' roses fan"
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2006, 07:07:40 PM »

lol!! the mullet fan means "new guns n' roses fan"

ahhhhh thanks frozen  ok i think i understand the thread now  hihi
guscouto
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »

One thing is for sure ...

After reading this topic we can notice that there are many 18-23 years old Gn'r fans ...

SO THIS NEW BAND CAN MAKE NEW FANS (PERIOD).
Steel_Angel
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2006, 07:27:28 PM »

One thing is for sure ...

After reading this topic we can notice that there are many 18-23 years old Gn'r fans ...

SO THIS NEW BAND CAN MAKE NEW FANS (PERIOD).
i'm 17, and yes they can  hihi
SLCPUNK
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2006, 07:33:25 PM »

Am i being stupid in asking... what the fuck is a "Nu Guns Noobie??"

To me it takes away from the validity of his original post.

The terminology alone is something a younger person would say (i.e. "noobie".) The entire "subject" is immature at best and gives off an aura/impression of somebody in their late teens early 20's.

To clarify, anybody who acts this way in their mid to late 30's is a complete loser anyway. It's a choice between a small pile of poo, or a big pile of poo, both are poo in the end.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2006, 07:37:46 PM »

Why don't you get off your high horse and quit acting like you are somehow superior to some of the younger fans just because you're a bitter old man?  Plenty of us who have been GnR fans from the old days think the new band is great, if you don't then great that's your own opinion, but don't fool yourself into thinking you're in some sort of exclusive club because you were listening to GnR in their heyday.  Most of us on here were doing the same
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 07:40:09 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
axlslash4eva
Headliner

Suck on That

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2006, 07:40:34 PM »

well i was born the same month appitite came out and growin up the genra of music that was around me was rap and hip hop and i started 2 get into that, then i saw the light in rock and roll and guns music was just the best, every song delivered and its not like it was a 2 minute thing every song was bout 5-7 minutes that i heard on the radio, then i got appitite at the age of 15 and my intrest grew more and more and sure now they arnt together but its thier music that lives on, what great rock group hasnt broken up-van halen,kiss,aerosmith,motley crue, rolling stones but the majority of them have gotten back together or probably will eventually so its the hope that keeps the faith strong
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2006, 07:43:34 PM »

I'm 22 yrs old. I remember listening to Gn'R sonce I was 5. My first concert ever was Gn'R when I was 9 yrs old. I love the music the old band created, and always will. However, I could give two shits about Slash, Duff, ect. now, because they aren't in my favorite band anymore, and most likely never will be again. Now, I'm focused on Guns N' Roses, and right now Guns N' Roses is the band that took the stage last night. You can call me an Axl worshiper...in fact, i'll even agree with you on that one. I have the guy's face and name tattooed on my leg, so yeah, I'm an Axl follower. You guys keep comparing the old to the new. Why? There's no point to it. If you prefer the old, great, but stop slamming the new, your constant bitching about it isn't going to change things. Either take what your gettting and enjoy it, or, if it's not something you like, move on. No one cares that you miss the old band, and people that love this band now, are not going to change their minds and agree with you, nor do I expect anybody who doesn't like the mew band to suddenly agree with me. It's perfectly fine if you like the old band, just quit trying to bring this band, and their current fans down. I've seen the new band three times, and loved every second of it. I don't give a shit if it wasn't the greatest musical moment ever, but ya know what? It was to me.

Axl is God.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2006, 07:52:12 PM »

I'm 22 yrs old. I remember listening to Gn'R sonce I was 5. My first concert ever was Gn'R when I was 9 yrs old. I love the music the old band created, and always will. However, I could give two shits about Slash, Duff, ect. now, because they aren't in my favorite band anymore, and most likely never will be again. Now, I'm focused on Guns N' Roses, and right now Guns N' Roses is the band that took the stage last night. You can call me an Axl worshiper...in fact, i'll even agree with you on that one. I have the guy's face and name tattooed on my leg, so yeah, I'm an Axl follower. You guys keep comparing the old to the new. Why? There's no point to it. If you prefer the old, great, but stop slamming the new, your constant bitching about it isn't going to change things. Either take what your gettting and enjoy it, or, if it's not something you like, move on. No one cares that you miss the old band, and people that love this band now, are not going to change their minds and agree with you, nor do I expect anybody who doesn't like the mew band to suddenly agree with me. It's perfectly fine if you like the old band, just quit trying to bring this band, and their current fans down. I've seen the new band three times, and loved every second of it. I don't give a shit if it wasn't the greatest musical moment ever, but ya know what? It was to me.

ok  ok  ok

Awesome post Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Steel_Angel
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2006, 07:59:48 PM »

I love the music the old band created, and always will. However, I could give two shits about Slash, Duff, ect. now, because they aren't in my favorite band anymore, and most likely never will be again.
thats the same way i feel  beer
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2006, 08:24:59 PM »

Ok, so i'm curious. Having read alot of threads here it occurs to me that most here are too young to have experienced Guns'n' Roses in their prime. So, what is it about Nu Guns that you find so appealing? I mean lets face it - this is now a 44 year old man (Axl) and a bunch of hired hands playing the majority of songs made famous by its legendary original members some 20 years ago. The best my friends (judging from the latest live reviews) appears to be long gone, so WHY do you younger fans in particular latch on to Guns n Roses now? Is there nothing else fresher or more 'dangerous', 'exciting' or totally 'rad' to be passionate about...

DISCUSS..........? ok
See I don;t get this. I've been talking shit about the nu-GNR over the last 5 years, and now that I've seen them live and love what they're doing, they're getting hated.
Despite never having been to see the classic GNR lineup live, I own many GNR shows from the LIve ERa and watch them numerously, and yeah, that was a great time, great music and the greatest performing rock band ever. The nu-GNR between 2001-2003 could not hold a candle to the classic GNR of Live Era, and at times the whole thing seemed like a sikk joke. After watching the MTV 2002 VMA show, I was spasing out in my sleep knowing that I had just seen the worst performances of WTTJ & PC in front of a worldwide TV audience - calling bad timing?! Cancelled shows and tours and nu-songs inferior to the past classic had me caring less about seeing a nu-GNR and wondering if Axl could even be in the shape to rejoin the classic guitarist Slash & Duff who from watching VR are still rocking at the old level.

Seems like you haven't even seen the 2006 GNR, cuz I have seen them at Hammerstein 5.14. Axl Rose surprised the shit out of me and so did the band. For the 1st time, this new band has a spontaneity that matches the old band pretty well. Axl is the biggest surprise of all to me, cuz like I said in my review, he's taking a page from his old performances and has come back using many of the same gestures and moves of the old days. He looks great, and most importantly he's very comfortable and smiling in front of the audiences. His vocals are the best since he came back in 2001 which is of most importance to the sound of the music. His new jams & the extended intros to GNR classics show a musicianship that is on par with Slash's solos of "Only Women Bleed" before KOHD - which I never even dreamed was possible seeing this nu band in 2002. They've come a LONG way since then and they look great enough to make their own image & chapted with GNR.

The new and younger fans, including myself like AXL the most because of songs like "Estranged" and his valiant attempt to overcome many of his personal problems through song & performance. Older fans may have taken Axl more for granted during his heyday on MTV & did not see that there was a real human being behind the Rock Star, and that human being manifested itself between 1994-2000 when for some reason, he went into hiding and didn;t come out of his shell. Even when he did between 2000-2006, it still didn't feel right to him & I could tell he wasn't BACK yet. I didn't want to see him back again until he got his act together, and he has. I was watching his promos of Rock In Rio 5 last nite on YouTube and he looks every bit like a fame-crazed rock star again, which is great news to people like me waiting on this guy over the last 7 years to resemble his old self.

At this point, I do hope for an album that has even 1 song that could match the intensity of the old GNR classics, although songs like TWAT & IRS have their moments of old GNR glory. It is inevitable that CD must come out and stand on its own 15 songs. Seeing Izzy playing with Axl also has me very hopeful that when all contracts are met, Axl can reunite with a reinvigorated Slash & a healthy Duff and I see something like Aerosmith 1980's with GNR. I also wonder if the nu-GNR should make new songs, since there seems to be an attitude that is healthier than ever in the band since 1997 to make great music and sounds, maybe even to replace some of the songs that they may have done when their chemistry wasn't up to par with the classic band which I don't think is the case anymore!!! Cool

Everything I could have hoped for with Axl & his bandmates is coming true, and I see it only getting better.

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2006, 09:20:46 AM »

Wow - some great commenting and debating going on here guys  ok ok

Let's keep it going - what do YOU like about nu-Guns?Huh......
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2006, 09:25:47 AM »

the music will speak for itself when the record comes out.

i heard that in 99, 00, 01, 02... then shit  in 03,04,05, and now in 06 im supposed to belive its gonna be out this year? all this for 12 to 14 songs? your talking 8 years... for a dozen songs?... lets see..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: