Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:05:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Question for Nu Guns Noobies
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question for Nu Guns Noobies  (Read 17612 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2006, 01:54:39 PM »

It really troubles me when people feel that they have to pick between the old and new band. MOST of us are here because of the old band, they were/are our favourite band. But now we have a new band who kick ass, with a fresh opportunity to reclaim GNR's spot at the top of the rock world and we want to enjoy it, what the fuck is wrong with that? I question why you are even on this board if you want to bring the new guys down. That negativity is not in keeping with the positivity most of us have at the moment!!

There are a number of old fans who don't want to see GnR succeed with only Axl left.  Call it bitterness or nostalgia or whatever, but Saul Isobel and his like will be fuming mad when Chinese Democracy opens at #1 and sells 8-10 million copies or more worldwide because Axl will have achieved more success without the old band members than they have without him, and under the name Guns N Roses.  So what else can they do but slate the new band and call the members a disgrace?  Look, this new Guns N Roses may not make songs as great as the old Guns N Roses did in their heyday.  But from what I've heard so far, the songs they make are head and shoulders ahead of everything the old band members have done since they left GnR
FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2006, 01:58:11 PM »

I believe that there will be a reunion, but that it wont come for a good while yet and in the meantime we have a band just now that kick ass and are (whether you like it or not) Guns N' Roses!

If you spend all your day moaning and whining about the old band, then go and stick AFD on or listen to Slash on Contraband and allow the rest of us to be excited about this band!

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2006, 03:41:01 PM »

this band dont compare at all with the originals axl became a joke of the 80?s band

why the fuck dont you get it?

this band has nothing to do with the magic of what guns n roses where

and by the way i saw the original band in argentina twice and gave this band a big oportunity to surprise me but never did it

army of darknes is the best movie ever!!!
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2006, 03:58:09 PM »

since the begging we had this "gn'r vs the world" thing. there were always many critics on the press about gn'r, either with "one in a million", or the Stones 89 shows, or the infamous UYI tour and it's problems. basically it was Axl vs The World, and it still his.
i admire the guts he has for sticking up with the name of his band, his vision, and make it as perfect as he can get.
i really think it'll be easy or easier to put the old line up back together, get on seperate hotels and planes or whatever it was needed, and make a bunch of money touring and releasing "snakepit-like" records. i think if that was the case, gn'r wouldn't be the legend and have the charisma they still have.
people tend to judge this band comparing to what slash or duff did from 87 til 93, they seem to forget th shitty albums and worthless music they made from 93 til 2006.
i mean, the old band is my favorite band of all time, but that was almost 20 years ago, i'm glad it existed, but it was over circa 92.
crying about it is just like crying over your girlfriend from 1991! get over it!

as for the new guys, i'm not into saying they're better or worse than slash or duff or izzy. it's a completely different thing, they have their own personality and charisma on stage, they have their own sound and technical skills, and i love them. I see it as a new band fronted by Axl, and who cares if they're called Guns n'Roses, as long as they do a good job (which they are) it's all good to me.
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2006, 04:26:54 PM »

this band dont compare at all with the originals axl became a joke of the 80?s band

why the fuck dont you get it?

this band has nothing to do with the magic of what guns n roses where

and by the way i saw the original band in argentina twice and gave this band a big oportunity to surprise me but never did it
Well why the hell do you even need to compare them to the old band? Nothing can beat the old GN'R line up I think every single one of us can agree on that but it isn't about the old band anymore.. The old band has been lost forever so why can't you be satisfied with the things you still have?

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2006, 04:42:11 PM »

It really troubles me when people feel that they have to pick between the old and new band. MOST of us are here because of the old band, they were/are our favourite band. But now we have a new band who kick ass, with a fresh opportunity to reclaim GNR's spot at the top of the rock world and we want to enjoy it, what the fuck is wrong with that? I question why you are even on this board if you want to bring the new guys down. That negativity is not in keeping with the positivity most of us have at the moment!!

Amen! but it goes both ways...people bash the old band the same way others bash the new band. Eventhough they are fans because of the music the old band wrote. I don't get why people can't just move on. It's been 10yrs now!
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2006, 07:40:35 AM »

new GNR and old GNR are not the same band. A similar machine, doing a similar job, but doing it slightly differently. I prefer the new band so far, but the old band were just as good in a different way. That's all there is to it really. It all comes down to how you prefer your music really.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2006, 08:09:13 AM »

I believe that there will be a reunion, but that it wont come for a good while yet and in the meantime we have a band just now that kick ass and are (whether you like it or not) Guns N' Roses!

If you spend all your day moaning and whining about the old band, then go and stick AFD on or listen to Slash on Contraband and allow the rest of us to be excited about this band!

Great post. I can't understand why people can't just let others enjoy this band if they want to until some sort of reunion (if it ever does) occurs to make them happy.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Slashahaulic
Opening Act

Where would GnR be today if it wasn't for Slash...

« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2006, 04:58:00 PM »

I think a lot of it has to do with the age of the people utilizing the internet for GnR message boards and similar purposes...there are far more younger people on here than older, so it gives the appearance that the new band is widely accepted, when that isn't really the case.  Axl has a long way to go to gain acceptance in the real world, but he certainly has the younger generation buzzing to hear all the old songs played by different guys.  I don't get the appeal, but I do accept it.

I'm waiting (still) for Chinese Democracy to come out before passing judgement one way or the other on the new band.  It's not fair to judge them based on their performances of someone else's music.

Slash: the Soul behind GnR
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: