Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:15:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  rio 5 did you expect more
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: rio 5 did you expect more  (Read 22822 times)
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2006, 04:48:11 PM »

I expected a lot more, and here's my reasons why. Axl's statement two years ago about Bucket leaving the band, forcing the band to cancel playing Rio, a month before the show is to even take place. In this statement Axl mentions how much Rio means to him and how disappointed he is that he's been robbed from playing Rio by one of his own. Let's fast forward to this 2006 tour. Axl hires Bumblefoot, as a replacement, a week before the start of this tour. That just proves to me that Axl could have played the festival two years ago, and his statement was horse shit. Axl, being an intelligent guy, would have figured out that the statement from two years ago, now makes him look bad. You would think he would be extra motivated to put on a special show. He does not put on a special show at all however. The band plays the same setlist as every night this tour, even omitting Chinese Democracy, TWAT, and Madagascar. Axl doesn't inform the crowd about what he's been up to the last few years or offer up any kind of update on Chinese Democracy. He put in a workmanlike performance that he could have pulled off two years ago, so I don't blame anybody who's disappointed by Rio.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2006, 04:52:50 PM »

When are people gonna realize that the setlist is gonna remain the same until the new album comes out.  If you don't like that, then stop following the band.  3 songs were dropped from the setlist due to time constraints I imagine, plus the sound problems they were having. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2006, 04:56:48 PM »

When are people gonna realize that the setlist is gonna remain the same until the new album comes out.  If you don't like that, then stop following the band.  3 songs were dropped from the setlist due to time constraints I imagine, plus the sound problems they were having. 

Its mind blowing isn't it??  I can't count the number of bands who play the same set list with minor variations EVERY night they go on stage.  These people expect the band to change it just b/c they follow every show.  News flash dudes, we are the extreme minority.

The funniest post I ever read was the guy who said he paid 1,000 to go to NY so axl should respect that and release CD hahahahahahah  rofl

« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 04:58:26 PM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2006, 04:58:30 PM »

I didn't see any of it so I can't say

But I'm sure watching it over the web you lost some of the enrgy and adrenaline you'd get if you were there live
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2006, 05:07:16 PM »

I think people were hoping that Rio would serve as a launching point for Chinese Democracy. The band could have played the first single, announced a release date, and then released the single to radio and put out a video. I guess it's just a too far fetched concept to put out a single and announce a release date at some point on your supposed comeback tour.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2006, 05:10:46 PM »

There is a difference between what I EXPECTED and what I WANTED.  Rio was everything I expected.  The NYC shows were warmup shows, so you knew there wouldn't be a Coma performance or a new song that has not leaked.  I do agree though I am now fully aquainted with the new band.  Time for them to stand on their own two feet and keep the Appetite Songs to a minimum, or bring back Slash, whichever is easiest  Wink

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2006, 05:13:01 PM »

Axl hires Bumblefoot, as a replacement, a week before the start of this tour. That just proves to me that Axl could have played the festival two years ago, and his statement was horse shit.

Good point, but we don't know how long it was secretly known in the band that Bumblefoot was going to come in.? We only heard about it a week before the start of the tour.? It may have been decided a while before-hand.

In absentia
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2006, 05:31:08 PM »

Yes i did.
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2006, 05:42:30 PM »

I find it a little hard to believe that after YEARS of hearing nothing from Axl, some of you are bored and disapointed after 6 shows. ?Last year at this time, if even a photo of Axl turned up on the net we were excited. ?Now he's back, looking and sounding better then he has since the early nineties and you are disapointed? Wow.

Yes I want CD too, but compare 2006 to 2005, or 2004, or even 2002, and tell me again how bad thing are.

My 2 cents. ? ?

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2006, 05:44:38 PM »

I expected a lot more, and here's my reasons why. Axl's statement two years ago about Bucket leaving the band, forcing the band to cancel playing Rio, a month before the show is to even take place. In this statement Axl mentions how much Rio means to him and how disappointed he is that he's been robbed from playing Rio by one of his own. Let's fast forward to this 2006 tour. Axl hires Bumblefoot, as a replacement, a week before the start of this tour. That just proves to me that Axl could have played the festival two years ago, and his statement was horse shit. Axl, being an intelligent guy, would have figured out that the statement from two years ago, now makes him look bad. You would think he would be extra motivated to put on a special show. He does not put on a special show at all however. The band plays the same setlist as every night this tour, even omitting Chinese Democracy, TWAT, and Madagascar. Axl doesn't inform the crowd about what he's been up to the last few years or offer up any kind of update on Chinese Democracy. He put in a workmanlike performance that he could have pulled off two years ago, so I don't blame anybody who's disappointed by Rio.

excellent post... best way to sum it all up.... even just adding a few songs from LIES or UYI or even if they played a new COVER song that the band worked up esp for the show it would have felt more special.. not like going thorough the motions...

hell even that unplugged show in NYC got to hear Your Crazy .. why not the biggest show of the tour?

Very big dissapoinment
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2006, 05:47:11 PM »

I find it a little hard to believe that after YEARS of hearing nothing from Axl, some of you are bored and disapointed after 6 shows. ?Last year at this time, if even a photo of Axl turned up on the net we were excited. ?Now he's back, looking and sounding better then he has since the early nineties and you are disapointed? Wow.

Yes I want CD too, but compare 2006 to 2005, or 2004, or even 2002, and tell me again how bad thing are.

My 2 cents. ? ?

i think coz everyone was wanting Axl to come back and kick ass... sure they are kicking ass but its the same as we left off in 2002... what a waste.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2006, 06:01:35 PM »

I love Guns N Roses I have 20 plus boots and RIR 5 was not Guns N Roses.

U couldnt pay me 100 dollars to sit through that again.

I am sick of AFD live.

I am sick of the butchering of solos

I am sick of little new material being played.

Im sick of the lame guitar and drum solos

Fuck why not throw in a bass and Pittman solo why u are at it?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
prairie
Headliner

« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2006, 06:04:43 PM »

In 2005, I was sick of silence.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2006, 06:07:20 PM »

You people who "wanted more" are hilarious. ?Right now, take a look at the amount of posts that were (are) in each section of the "GN'R on Tour" thread. ?On average, there's about 8,000 (and the only reason it's that high is because there was 15,000 posts for the first night at Hammerstein.)

Anyways, do the math: ?There were roughly 55,000 at Rio. ?Let's for sake of argument, ?say that ALL 8,000 POSTERS on this board went to the show - that's only about 15%!!!!

Meaning that most of the people that go to these shows have NO IDEA what they've played in the past on this tour, and they DON'T FOLLOW THEM like we do!! ?

Like HannaHat said earlier - alot of you have to realise that the people like us who follow them on a day to day basis are in the MINORITY. ?

I went with a friend of mine to the last night at Hammerstein. ?Casual GN'R fan. ?He LOVED it. ?He had no idea what they played at the other shows, and has no idea that they're playing these European ones. ?But that one night, he was entertained out of his fucking mind. ?

THAT'S who the MAJORITY is for these concerts.

-end rant.
prairie
Headliner

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2006, 06:11:33 PM »

Great post BK

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2006, 06:12:10 PM »

Fuck why not throw in a bass and Pittman solo why u are at it?

lmao, your gonna give the man ideas!! He did the drum solo to annoy people.....just laugh at it Wink

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2006, 06:16:41 PM »

You people who "wanted more" are hilarious. ?Right now, take a look at the amount of posts that were (are) in each section of the "GN'R on Tour" thread. ?On average, there's about 8,000 (and the only reason it's that high is because there was 15,000 posts for the first night at Hammerstein.)

Anyways, do the math: ?There were roughly 55,000 at Rio. ?Let's for sake of argument, ?say that ALL 8,000 POSTERS on this board went to the show - that's only about 15%!!!!

Meaning that most of the people that go to these shows have NO IDEA what they've played in the past on this tour, and they DON'T FOLLOW THEM like we do!! ?

Like HannaHat said earlier - alot of you have to realise that the people like us who follow them on a day to day basis are in the MINORITY. ?

I went with a friend of mine to the last night at Hammerstein. ?Casual GN'R fan. ?He LOVED it. ?He had no idea what they played at the other shows, and has no idea that they're playing these European ones. ?But that one night, he was entertained out of his fucking mind. ?

-end rant.

just coz people dont post on the board doesnt mean they havent heard the songs... you think nobody heard them when they played the same songs in 2001 or 2002? they played to empty arenas? the new songs are not so new anymore... the setlist with the same 3 opening songs and ending 2 songs with NR in the middle is old..

even had they busted out a Lies or Illusion song would have been good...
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2006, 06:23:40 PM »

B
You people who "wanted more" are hilarious.  Right now, take a look at the amount of posts that were (are) in each section of the "GN'R on Tour" thread.  On average, there's about 8,000 (and the only reason it's that high is because there was 15,000 posts for the first night at Hammerstein.)

Anyways, do the math:  There were roughly 55,000 at Rio.  Let's for sake of argument,  say that ALL 8,000 POSTERS on this board went to the show - that's only about 15%!!!!

Meaning that most of the people that go to these shows have NO IDEA what they've played in the past on this tour, and they DON'T FOLLOW THEM like we do!! 

Like HannaHat said earlier - alot of you have to realise that the people like us who follow them on a day to day basis are in the MINORITY. 

I went with a friend of mine to the last night at Hammerstein.  Casual GN'R fan.  He LOVED it.  He had no idea what they played at the other shows, and has no idea that they're playing these European ones.  But that one night, he was entertained out of his fucking mind. 

-end rant.
We are the people who will buy multiple copies of Chinese Democracy and encourage our friends and others to buy Chinese Democracy. If this tour is not about gearing up to promote Chinese Democracy then what's the fucking point. If Axl wants to increase ticket sales for the tour all he has to do is call Slash and the rest of the old band up.
Robio576
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2006, 06:47:22 PM »

I just finished watching IRS on youtube....OMG!!! Fuck anyone who says Axl has "lost it".  The clip only reaffirmed to me that AXL ROSE may be the greatest front man of ALL TIME.

Robio  smoking
tristanj13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2006, 07:00:22 PM »

I find it a little hard to believe that after YEARS of hearing nothing from Axl, some of you are bored and disapointed after 6 shows.  Last year at this time, if even a photo of Axl turned up on the net we were excited.  Now he's back, looking and sounding better then he has since the early nineties and you are disapointed? Wow.

My 2 cents.     

i think coz everyone was wanting Axl to come back and kick ass... sure they are kicking ass but its the same as we left off in 2002... what a waste.

IT'S BEEN 6 FUCKING SHOWS!! 4 of which were warm up shows. Give them some fucking time..jesus h christ on a popsicle.  Yeah it woulda been nice to hear TWAT, Maddy, and CD at Rio...but they were only scheduled for 1:45..the went way over as it was. And if you expect them to play songs that havnt been leaked/played before off of Chinese Democracy then your just plain dumb. They played Used to Love her and Your crazy at the part accoustic show...so it shows their willing to try new things on a moments notice...they were trying to please the fans that want to hear all the big hits. Basically your critical of the band for having TOO MANY HITS, and you as a super fan want to hear more obscure songs. i would abosultely love to hear Coma or Estranged...but do you think that the huge crowd at Rio would want 100 minutes eaten up when they could hear 3 classic songs? I have no doubt in my mind songs like Civil War, Don't Cry, and Used to Love Her  eventually if not on the Europeantour then on th eventual NA tour. You might never hear Estranged, or Locomotve, or Dont Damn Me played live...which is unfortunate, but totally understandable. If the band had a year of touring under their belt and played the same setlist every time then youd have reason to gripe...until then sit back and like many have said enjoy it! Their back and sounding good! Nothing is ever enough apparently...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: