Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:45:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  robin finck - yes or no?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: robin finck - yes or no?  (Read 19885 times)
Ana Vader
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2006, 04:35:30 PM »

I'm an orignal GNR fan too. ?Slash is the man, is much better than any other.
But I think there is no need to compare Slash and Robin. ?
My answer is YES to Robin. ?I like him and the way he plays.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2006, 04:52:08 PM »

I'm an orignal GNR fan too. ?Slash is the man, is much better than any other.
But I think there is no need to compare Slash and Robin. ?
My answer is YES to Robin. ?I like him and the way he plays.

how can that be said, i mean do you think he does slash's solos justice??

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2006, 06:14:54 PM »

oyez, a huge AYE!

Robin has a poetic presence ( makes sense to me) whereas slash was just some curls and a hat soloing for HOURS and getting as lost into his solos as he was into jack daniels.

So even if his " tzzoings" are the best in the world ( i am not qualified to speak, but compared to blackmore or paco de lucia, i can't see the hype ?), he was a BO RING.

Robin is endlessly watchable..He is this way..When he plays, people want to join him in his world.

He is love ( universally speaking).

Gracious heavens, damn straight, you hit the right nail on the head.
Any girl or a boy with a sense of art would agree with ya.
hell I wouldn't go to the length of being that frank as I feel sorry for the blokes who're no robin, seeing all the jealous attacks against him like the few posts above mine.
Yep, the nature is sorta unfair but that's life. hihi
Yep he has the very fine poetic quality that reflects beauty on the music.

Oops, i know, i can be a little " too " franc sometimes Lips Sealed Undecided

I never liked endless slash solos in GNR, first of all because i am a piano girl more than guitar, and also because i think it killed melodies in the end. It was too long.
Slash has marvellous abilities, yes, but i question his musicality, not his skills.

As a person from the audience, with a bit of common sense, HAVING to watch a guy who is drunk play guitar for hours and not even reckognising the melody was a nightmare.

His stage presence would have been improved, but his demons were more present than his soul.

Robin is different.

Nothing to say
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2006, 06:21:40 PM »

slash's presence couldnt be improved. his presence is awsome, as for the guitar solos i love them, but as a piano player i can see why u differ, but he is not boring, i mean i get bored when dizzy does a solo.slash rules, he is better prepared than robin, he knows in his mind where the solo is going slash has improvision, robin doesnt, it just goes anywhere!!!

sorry but..... bring slash back!!!!!

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2006, 06:26:43 PM »

we agree to disagree then ? hihi

Nothing to say
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2006, 06:33:31 PM »

we agree to disagree then ? hihi

so we do and locomotive98 i think.....

makane
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2006, 08:50:40 PM »

He lack some "taste" when it comes to playing old songs/solos, but hes "ok" otherwise. Though I still would prefer Richard to do most of the solos.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2006, 02:01:48 AM »

I fuckin say YES to Robin!!! ok

He's my favorite from the new lineup, I dig his playing and style a lot, he has a great stage presence and charisma!

I don't know why we always end up comparing him to Slash.. move on already, I for one, will always be a big Slash fan and I reckon he is better in his style than Finck, but he's gone now, and Robin isn't as bad as everyone is always trying to make him be.. he can play the guitar, he's no average at all, he's got the whole package which is not easy to find.. he not only plays good but he looks cool as fuck while doing it and he's got this quality where you are just drawn to him and you can't take your eyes away from him.. he makes playing the guitar look like it's some easy thing and he looks so natural and like it just flows effortlessly for him.. and he puts so much emotion and passion into his playing..

so he ain't no Slash.. so what? we don't want an Slash impersonator.. I'm glad he's got his own style and that it's nothing like Slash's but at the same time it's nothing short of amazing either

Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2006, 10:03:03 AM »

At first I hated the guy, now I just don't know anymore. He does seem to have improved a lot since 2001-02, but he still can't play the November Rain or SCOM solos the way they're supposed to be played. On the other hand he does a pretty good job with Patience.

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2006, 11:01:22 AM »

I just remember cringing in 2002 when I saw him...

Shirell
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2006, 12:31:39 PM »

A massive yesssssss for Robin.  He's absolutely brilliant and he totally rocks!!!!
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2006, 08:56:38 PM »

BIG YES to Robin!!! Hes the man

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2006, 02:42:51 AM »

Yes, with a copy paste of what i already said on another forum :

Robin has a lot more charisma than slash, he has a poetic presence ( makes sense to me) whereas slash was just some curls and a hat soloing for HOURS and getting as lost into his solos as he was into jack daniels.

I'm sorry to say Slash always bored the shit out of me and he was boring to watch.

So even if his " tzzoings" are the best in the world ( i am not qualified to speak, but compared to blackmore or paco de lucia, i can't see the hype ?), he was a BO RING.

Robin is endlessly watchable..He is this way..When he plays, people want to join him in his world.

No, with a copy paste of what I didn't say on another forum :

Slash has a lot more charisma than Finck, he has a poetic presence (although that doesn't make sense in GN'R) whereas Finck is just a beard with weird American Civil War clothes covering GN'R and Christina Aguilera's songs for MONTHS and getting lost in Slash's solos as he has no idea about guitar playing.

I'm not so sorry to say that Finck always bored the shit out of me and he is boring to watch.

Finck can't be compared with great guitarists such as Paco de Lucia or R. Blackmore. He is unknown basically. AND RIGHTFULLY SO.

Finck is unwatchable. When he plays people would like to run, but they stay because of Axl.

He is pointless (universally speaking)

ok

I'll download it !
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2006, 03:07:45 AM »

Robin has a lot more charisma than slash, he has a poetic presence ( makes sense to me) whereas slash was just some curls and a hat soloing for HOURS and getting as lost into his solos as he was into jack daniels.

I'm sorry to say Slash always bored the shit out of me and he was boring to watch.

"...you know you are...bring it down you're fuckin' crazy..."

Anyway, if it's not Slash it has to be Robin. So hell yes for him!

"...It don't really matter..."
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2006, 05:52:09 AM »

Slash has a lot more charisma than Finck, he has a poetic presence (although that doesn't make sense in GN'R) whereas Finck is just a beard with weird American Civil War clothes covering GN'R and Christina Aguilera's songs for MONTHS and getting lost in Slash's solos as he has no idea about guitar playing.

I'm not so sorry to say that Finck always bored the shit out of me and he is boring to watch.

Finck can't be compared with great guitarists such as Paco de Lucia or R. Blackmore. He is unknown basically. AND RIGHTFULLY SO.

Finck is unwatchable. When he plays people would like to run, but they stay because of Axl.

ok

"slash has a lot more charisma than finck" ------ erm, u obviously havnt watched a guns n roses show lately have u?
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2006, 07:35:46 AM »

"slash has a lot more charisma than finck" ------ erm, u obviously havnt watched a guns n roses show lately have u?
Forget it. Roll Eyes

I'll download it !
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2006, 07:59:29 AM »

well i just say fuck yeah to robin.. really like him a lot
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2006, 03:04:25 PM »

ok

Is your last name Hudson by any chance...?  Roll Eyes
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2006, 11:01:48 AM »

Robin Finck = Yes
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2006, 11:43:09 AM »

Is your last name Hudson by any chance...?? Roll Eyes