Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:00:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR ARE ON TOUR SELLING OUT VENUES in the US!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR ARE ON TOUR SELLING OUT VENUES in the US!!!  (Read 23278 times)
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2006, 01:17:06 PM »

Jarmo, it is fall now.. Fall is Sept, Oct., Nov.....? It is here.?

Well, technically, fall doesn't start until 9/23, and doesn't end until 12/21. Calendars can be very useful tools - you should try looking at one.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2006, 01:25:45 PM »

Jarmo, it is fall now.. Fall is Sept, Oct., Nov.....? It is here.? So should be soon.? Just haven't seen any promotion yet.? There is not a definate date yet, still may be end of year, I really don't think he knows yet.?

So because it's September 14th, it's time to get pessimistic about the release?

He said "this year". You could include December in your list of months.? ok

I think we're closer to a release than we've been before. But I'm not obsessed about it. Instead I'm looking forward to reading the reviews from people going to Vegas this weekend.

/jarmo

Me too.. I feel it is close as well.. ?I am getting excited.. ? ok

Do we feel the album is done, or still finishing touches? ?Just curious.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2006, 01:28:09 PM »

I feel exciting too

I except south america stadium tour in the begining of 2007,and after that big european and usa tour in 2007 (stadiums or arenas,depends of sucess,but who fuckin care)

I have never seen so many tree
SLCPUNK
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2006, 01:54:40 PM »

I love these posts that claim "Axl doesn't have a plan"

LOL, how do YOU know what Axl is thinking? What magical powers you must have, it is really something to behold. The bottom line is that you don't know what Axl and his camp are thinking and never have. If you are not happy with how you perceive his "plan" to be unfolding then why are you even here?

I don't care what the guys plan is. All I know is that while you crybabies are grabassing it here on the MB I will get to see my favorite band 4 times this year.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2006, 02:08:32 PM »

I love these posts that claim "Axl doesn't have a plan"

LOL, how do YOU know what Axl is thinking? What magical powers you must have, it is really something to behold. The bottom line is that you don't know what Axl and his camp are thinking and never have. If you are not happy with how you perceive his "plan" to be unfolding then why are you even here?

I don't care what the guys plan is. All I know is that while you crybabies are grabassing it here on the MB I will get to see my favorite band 4 times this year.

No we may not know what the current plan is now, or ever was, at any point in the past 10-12 years. But it is very fair to speculate that unrevealed plans have gone awry over the years. More and more money being thrown into the project, countless producer and player changes (most that don't come back, some that do), etc.

This is why the "It'll be out this year" comment means very little to me. It sounds like a vague plan. But something could go wrong. If it comes out, great.

Many thought in 2002 things were close. We now know that Axl felt pressured by whoever and didn't want to be out there back then. (I don't know how as a fan I would feel about something like that if I had gone to a show or two, but I digress).

At least this time around he seems to be happier to be on the road again, for whatever worth that is.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2006, 02:57:22 PM »

Jarmo, the time for blindly defending Axl's every word has passed. ?Put up or shut up. ?So far, he has only put up (depending on what shows you went to) what was leaked anyway. ?How many times has he said the album is coming out? ?Didn't someone say the album would be out by summer time? ?

Oh for fuck's sake.

Poor little baby. "Somebody" told you the album was coming in the summer.

Axl himself said "this year".

Time after time after time the whiners keep going on and on about stuff said in the past even though there's more recent interviews. Aren't you gonna bring up something he said in 2002 now?

Nobody's forcing any of you fucking whiners to be here. If being a GN'R fan is that stressful (they play the wrong songs, they play too many shows, they don't say this at that time, they won't play this awards show, they won't do that), why don't you just leave and concentrate on something that makes you happy? I personally couldn't be a fan of a band that makes me feel so negative all the fucking time. How the hell do you manage?

Plenty of us are excited that GN'R are touring and excited about playing in front of their fans. We remember 1995, 1997, 1998 or 2003. Seems like many of you don't!

To some of you the most exciting year in the band's history since 1993 isn't good enough. No, you want them to be on time, play the songs you want them to play, you want certain people in the band, you want them to be cool...

Why don't you write your wishlist to Santa Axl and post it in the Dead Horse section. Name the thread "My dream GN'R world" by Smoking Guns. Maybe then you and the rest of the whiners can move into that thread and spend your days dreaming of that reunion fantasy and all those albums they should've released to make you happy. You know, the albums with your songs on them so you'd know they're good enough for you.

After all, we know the idea of an artist is to supply people with what the people want. To hell with the idea of creating something that you believe in and makes you proud.....

/jarmo

awesome, and well put.

this guy technically doesnt owe any of us anything. so he said hes working on a new album, so he said he'll put one out. he doesnt owe anything to anyone but the record companies that paid to produce said album. everything else is up to him. you ar e the one choosing to be a fan (or fanatic if its causing stress), your the guys who are making being a fan hard for yourselves, but your blaiming someone else for it?

you want new songs? listen to the leaks. you want them to play on time? go download a video and watch it when ever you want. 

i know ill enjoy my spot in the front row when they come to town.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
roadapples
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2006, 04:25:18 PM »

I know my days of running around North America are done.  If he comes to London Ontario?  I would go see him again.  No more States for me!  nervous confused
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2006, 05:04:41 PM »

No, you want them to be on time,

Yeah, you people are so demanding!  Jeez, what unreasonable demand are you going to ask next? Are you going to demand him to finish shows too?  Ingrates!  You are lucky to be in His presence at all.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2006, 05:26:11 PM »

No, you want them to be on time,

Yeah, you people are so demanding!? Jeez, what unreasonable demand are you going to ask next? Are you going to demand him to finish shows too?? Ingrates!? You are lucky to be in His presence at all.

Imagine, you can't be home by eleven at night. Oh shit...

It's not the movies you're going to you know. It's a rock concert.

A lot of people only get to see one show on the tour, and they still complain about it ending late. One night of the year something doesn't go according to their plan....

Hey, how do you feel about the fact that they played a show at 4am? Too late?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2006, 05:30:29 PM »

I am only going to get to see them once, because my college books wiped me out financially.  But if I get home at 6 AM, I won't care, it's only for one night.  I'm just glad I get to see them, and if I could, I would take several sleepless nights.  You won't hear me bitching about a late start.  More time to get to chill with MB pals.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2006, 05:33:21 PM »

Jarmo, the time for blindly defending Axl's every word has passed.  Put up or shut up.  So far, he has only put up (depending on what shows you went to) what was leaked anyway.  How many times has he said the album is coming out?  Didn't someone say the album would be out by summer time? 

Oh for fuck's sake.

Time after time after time the whiners keep going on and on about stuff said in the past even though there's more recent interviews. Aren't you gonna bring up something he said in 2002 now?

Nobody's forcing any of you fucking whiners to be here. If being a GN'R fan is that stressful (they play the wrong songs, they play too many shows, they don't say this at that time, they won't play this awards show, they won't do that), why don't you just leave and concentrate on something that makes you happy? I personally couldn't be a fan of a band that makes me feel so negative all the fucking time. How the hell do you manage?

Plenty of us are excited that GN'R are touring and excited about playing in front of their fans. We remember 1995, 1997, 1998 or 2003. Seems like many of you don't!

To some of you the most exciting year in the band's history since 1993 isn't good enough. No, you want them to be on time, play the songs you want them to play, you want certain people in the band, you want them to be cool...

Why don't you write your wishlist to Santa Axl and post it in the Dead Horse section. Name the thread "My dream GN'R world" by Smoking Guns. Maybe then you and the rest of the whiners can move into that thread and spend your days dreaming of that reunion fantasy and all those albums they should've released to make you happy. You know, the albums with your songs on them so you'd know they're good enough for you.

After all, we know the idea of an artist is to supply people with what the people want. To hell with the idea of creating something that you believe in and makes you proud.....

/jarmo

awesome, and well put.

Agreed!   ok  Rock on Jarmo, that was awesome and so to the point.  Sums up exactly how I feel (and I would guess the majority of people here as well).   The whiners remind me of those guys who are still crying about their ex-girlfriends from 5 years ago...GET OVER IT! 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
anythinggoes
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2006, 05:40:13 PM »

I am only going to get to see them once, because my college books wiped me out financially.? But if I get home at 6 AM, I won't care, it's only for one night.? I'm just glad I get to see them, and if I could, I would take several sleepless nights.? You won't hear me bitching about a late start.? More time to get to chill with MB pals.

I dont maybe its just im too big a fan but ive driven home from 5 concerts all finishing at around the 12 - 1  mark journeys vary from 1 - 3 hours ive slept in an airport ive slept in the back seat of a car and not once did i think shit Axls late i was living for the moment of seeing Guns N Fucking Roses playing again what the fuck does it matter what time they are on stage its them there i want to do it all over again and the ones of you moaning i bet most didnt even go to a show. Shit if a show finished at 3 i would not moan 
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2006, 06:08:15 PM »

Jarmo, the time for blindly defending Axl's every word has passed.? Put up or shut up.? So far, he has only put up (depending on what shows you went to) what was leaked anyway.? How many times has he said the album is coming out?? Didn't someone say the album would be out by summer time??

Oh for fuck's sake.

/jarmo

awesome, and well put.

Agreed!? ?ok? Rock on Jarmo, that was awesome and so to the point.? Sums up exactly how I feel (and I would guess the majority of people here as well).? ?The whiners remind me of those guys who are still crying about their ex-girlfriends from 5 years ago...GET OVER IT!?

Hanna Hat, I see how it is...  I thought we were tight... Ha..  Did nobody feel I had any good points in my posts?  I guess the dirt is the only that agrees with me... Ha.  Where is James Lofton?  I guess I am the only negative fuck around here.... 
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2006, 06:12:14 PM »

I am only going to get to see them once, because my college books wiped me out financially.  But if I get home at 6 AM, I won't care, it's only for one night.  I'm just glad I get to see them, and if I could, I would take several sleepless nights.  You won't hear me bitching about a late start.  More time to get to chill with MB pals.

I dont maybe its just im too big a fan but ive driven home from 5 concerts all finishing at around the 12 - 1  mark journeys vary from 1 - 3 hours ive slept in an airport ive slept in the back seat of a car and not once did i think shit Axls late i was living for the moment of seeing Guns N Fucking Roses playing again what the fuck does it matter what time they are on stage its them there i want to do it all over again and the ones of you moaning i bet most didnt even go to a show. Shit if a show finished at 3 i would not moan 

Right.  This time last year we were talking about what color his drapes are.  Events such as a GN'R tour are very rare, so you make the most of it.  Sacrifices will be made, but in the end, it's all good.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2006, 06:13:25 PM »

Where is James Lofton??

Busy picking out his outfit for the GN'R show he's attending?  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2006, 06:58:29 PM »

Right.  This time last year we were talking about what color his drapes are.  Events such as a GN'R tour are very rare, so you make the most of it.  Sacrifices will be made, but in the end, it's all good.

I feel the same way. If they play in Detroit and Grand Rapids (across the state) I'll go to both for sure. If they don't I'll probably hit at least Cleaveland or Chicago as well as here.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
CocaineTongue22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2006, 07:38:48 PM »

Lucky bastard am I. They are coming to an arena 10 minutes from my front door.   : ok:Somedays you are the windsheild, somedays you are the bug.

Dude, do you seriously think, having lived 2002, that Axl isn't going to release this album in the middle of a well-planned tour? I think not.
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2006, 12:39:30 AM »

Hey Jarmo a while back I said some of these cry babies wouldn't be happy unless Axl personally walked the new CD over to their house and played it to them. Then somebody else wrote: Naw, they'd be pissed he didn't run it over.
Also, Axl said "late fall," so why the fuck is everyone thinking it's coming out so soon and then complaining. This is about to get as bad as the worth 120-something pages of BS speculation about what Axl would do at the VMAs when it was clearly stated what hs role would be.

manicstreet
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2006, 10:40:54 AM »

Disclaimer: Even though this is my first post i have been a fan of this website since the vegas shows in winter 2000 and a guns fan in general since the eighties.

When i saw nobody supporting what smoking guns was saying, i felt i needed to reply.

Here is a timeline of all the times i dumbly felt Chinese Democracy was close to being released:

Early 1999: I hear reports that GNR are releasing a track on the End of Days soundtrack. I am extremely excited at the news.

Summer 1999: Rumors run rampant GNR will play Woodstock 1999. I am ecstatic, but it turned out to just be a rumor.

Fall 1999: Oh My God gets airplay on the radio and the soundtrack is released. I like what i hear and feel progress has been made on Chinese Democracy.

December 2000 - January 2001: GNR play Vegas and RNR. I get to hear new songs, see the new band I couldnt be happier. I am saying to myself this has got to be the year, why else would he come out of hiding.

December 2001: Well i guess the only reason he decided to play was to get some practice for the band another year of feeling close to a release but again nothing.

September 2002: I am completely shocked to see GNR at the MTV awards as i wasnt reading the boards much around that time. I rewound that performance a million times on my tivo and called all my friends, everyone was so excited. Even though he gave an interview afterwards saying that CD was not done I felt the release was closer than ever before(not 4+ more years away).

October 2002: Tour dates are announced with the headline Chinese Democracy Starts Now. I go insane excited at being able to see GNR live for the first time i quickly pick up tix for the Detroit & Cleveland shows. I am thinking to myself even though CD isnt released its going to be soon to follow on the heels of the tour.

November 2002: Awesome shows but half full venues (at the shows i attended), I couldnt believe it. The band hadnt toured the US in 9 years, you would think people would come out and see them. But still was thinking the album was closer than ever to being released.

2003: Nothing

2004: Nothing

2005: Nothing

2006: PLenty of action in the GNR camp. Axl doing interviews, performing all shows on the European tour. GNR getting ready to tour the US again. I couldnt be happier. Axl also gave a release date of "before the end of the year".

I am as excited as the next fan but, just because we are closer than ever it doesnt really mean anything because with Axl what is close?

P.S. I also agree to tour the US without an album or single is a bad idea. If they couldnt sell out most shows in 2002 after not touring for 9 years what makes this tour any different?

veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2006, 12:55:26 PM »

A lot of people only get to see one show on the tour, and they still complain about it ending late. One night of the year something doesn't go according to their plan....

I'm with you:  it's not about us, it's about Him and his Greatness.  I'm with you: He can do no wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: