Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:56:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Do you guys consider these guys actual former members?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you guys consider these guys actual former members?  (Read 18457 times)
Bono
« on: September 20, 2006, 04:53:23 AM »

Buckethead, Paul Tobias, Josh Freese

Do You? I don't . They're more like song writing contributers at this point and not actual former members in my opinion.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 05:27:12 AM »

GN'R has had only five members so far: Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven. The others (Dizzy, Gilby, BH, Finck etc.) were and are employees.

When (if...) the album comes out we'll be able to judge if anyone besides the original five (and Matt) had that I'd call 'creative membership'.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
eddiesson
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 06:44:33 AM »

when CD comes out, I think we will be able to classify Buckethead as former member, new/leaked songs show that he contributed a lot to GNR's music. Without him, Better,  CD, IRS and even Madagascar would sound TOTALLY different. If you listen to his other work, you'll know what I mean.

I don't question Ron's talent or spirit, but Buckethead was unique and he shaped the music of newGNR, maybe as much as (if not more than) Axl or Robin. he's one unreplaceable, unique guitarist. And he is the main difference between the old and the new versions of the band (both of which I admire)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 06:46:46 AM by eddiesson » Logged
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 01:34:18 PM »

"Buckethead, Paul Tobias, Josh Freese

Do You? I don't . They're more like song writing contributers at this point and not actual former members in my opinion."

Actually I'm with you on that one...Buckethead only did 15 dates in 2002 with GNR (I think that pop singer Tiffany had more tour dates on her Mall tour-LOL) hihi...I remember reading some post where a dude went to a BH show and someone asked him who the fuck BH was and he described his as an ex-GNR guitarist...and I was like, wow I never thought of him like that....But seriously...I don't consider any of those guys members of GNR...aquaintances, session folk...but not members...but to each his own... smoking
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 03:20:39 PM »

I personaly dont consider Josh Freese as ex memeber

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 04:42:15 PM »

I consider BH a former member, just not an original member, like Gilby.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 05:42:29 PM »

Depends on what you mean by member.  If you mean the substance of their musical contributions, then I guess BH since the guitar parts he wrote are expected to be on CD.  But from a legal sense, the only members were the original 5 and 4 of them are gone.
RockiesGirl
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 07:09:35 PM »

Are they on stage when the lights are hit and the announcer announces the band as Guns N Roses? Are they on the payroll? Are they performing on the CD that you bought with the name Guns N Roses on the cover. Are their names on the credits of your CD cover? GNR is Axl's band and anyone who plays with and or for him is a member of GNR. It's Axl's call. If you don't like it, don't go to the shows or buy the CD's.

Here is a question for ya, would you rather that Axl not use the name Guns N Roses for his band?
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 08:11:08 PM »

Are they on stage when the lights are hit and the announcer announces the band as Guns N Roses? Are they on the payroll? Are they performing on the CD that you bought with the name Guns N Roses on the cover. Are their names on the credits of your CD cover? GNR is Axl's band and anyone who plays with and or for him is a member of GNR. It's Axl's call. If you don't like it, don't go to the shows or buy the CD's.

Here is a question for ya, would you rather that Axl not use the name Guns N Roses for his band?

Huh Huh He asked about "former" members?!!  And he asked what we consider, not Axl.   Undecided
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 08:24:55 PM »

Buckethead, Paul Tobias, Josh Freese

Do You? I don't . They're more like song writing contributers at this point and not actual former members in my opinion.
'

I don't consider Josh a former member.
I consider Paul a songwriter for the band.
And yeah I do consider Buckethead a former member of GNR. He rocks. He wrote songs for CD, played shows with the band, was the co-star of '02, and will still be on the record.

gnrevolution.com
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 08:29:19 PM »

Buckethead will still be on the record.

I'd like to see where this was confirmed for once.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 08:40:25 PM »

Buckethead will still be on the record.

I'd like to see where this was confirmed for once.

Bumblefoot has said he will not be on the record. Trust me. If you want the physical proof I can message him if you want.. but I'd rather not bug him. Just trust me... and if you really need to see it for your own eyes I'll message him for you and post the message responce here.

Dizzy also said that Buckethead would still be on the record.. but theres less proof there.. but I trust it because of what Bumble has been saying.

I understand your want for clarification though.. it's hard to keep up with stuff here sometimes.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 08:45:27 PM »

No need to email Ron; I know he said he won't be on the album. But that doesn't mean Bucket will.

As for Dizzy saying Bucket will, when was that? It's very possible that he didn't know for sure though.

I think there's a chance he won't be on it. People seem to be too convinced that he will be, I think.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Bono
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 09:11:49 PM »

Are you intentionally trying to turn this thread into a shit hole?
hank
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 09:51:10 PM »

..is there any word on WHO will be on the new cd for sure?... I assume all pauls work is still there... it sounds like it may be a mess figuring royalties..
Surge
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 12:35:11 PM »

..is there any word on WHO will be on the new cd for sure?... I assume all pauls work is still there... it sounds like it may be a mess figuring royalties..

I've done some checkin' on this... and it's likely that the following will do most (or all) the work:

Drums: Brain
Bass: Tommy Stinson
Guitars: Finck, Fortus, Buckethead (possibly Axl, Paul, Brian May)
Keys/piano/synth/effects etc: Dizzy/Chris/Axl
Arrangements: Paul Buckmaster, Marco Beltrami, Howard Carp

About Buckethead/Paul, I'm pretty sure Buckethead will be there since Thal said he wont. Also it seems they tried getting Buckethead back into the band before this last tour. Tobias' probably has some parts there still, but it also makes sense that Fortus re-recorded some.

Dave Navarro, Gary Sunshine (guitar) will most likely not feature. Some sources claims Axl did some work with Rivers Coumo (Weezer) and Lionel Richie, but I don't know a lot about that. And then there has been some rappers involved at some point - if anyone, Nas will be on it.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 01:55:39 PM »

Sarah Brightman (sic)?

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 08:07:23 AM »

No, they are not a part of the Gn'R legacy...

madagas
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 07:52:07 PM »

Just for the record, Buckethead played 26 shows with Gnr in 2001/2002-recorded with the band from 2000 to 2004. I too think they are are all contracted employees until I see a record with writing credits etc.
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 02:27:04 AM »

No, not really
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: