Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:00:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  So, Anyone else Puzzled By Some of These Venues and Dates GNR are Playing At?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, Anyone else Puzzled By Some of These Venues and Dates GNR are Playing At?  (Read 16787 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« on: September 27, 2006, 07:13:03 PM »

This is something I meant to ask earlier. Guns N' Roses playing in a place like Bakersfield is ridiculous. Guns N Roses playing in a 6,000 seat venue and on a Sunday and Tuesday night is fucking crazy. What is the reasoning? Since when does a big band play in one of the key markets on a Sunday and Tuesday instead of a Friday/Saturday night? Im going (of Course), but it seems wrong in a way. Guns N Roses should be at a place like Staples Center on a Saturday night. Not some 6,000 seat venue on a Tuesday. Its cool getting to see them in a small place but well... doesn't it seem a little odd to anyone else? They couldnt get a 6,000 seat venue on a Saturday? Couldn't GNR play at one of the big boys on a Saturday? I know things aren't the magnitude they once were but still.

Listen I am a happy motherfucker they are even out there and kicking ass and can't wait to see them again. I just find this odd.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 07:15:29 PM »

I can't answer that, but I am glad to see this finally all happening almost at once.....It does seem odd though....maybe they'll change it....who knows..

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 07:16:33 PM »

Seeing as the last time they toured the US, they were in large venues that were often less than half full, I'd say playing in smaller venues this time is a smart move.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 07:17:13 PM »

no cd. no single.no video. no radio airplay. all the reasons why the are not the staples center. its s smart thing to start out small before the cd. and then go back a second time and play the large venue. of course nyc is different. we new yorkers will sell out the garden pretty fucking fast on friday.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 07:17:45 PM »

They haven't released an album in years, not counting the GH. The last tour did ok in big markets but not in smaller ones. I'd say they're trying to rebuild the live fanbase. A lot of that will be showing up and playing shows without missing any. Also, the night of the shows is mostly just scheduling.

Notice they're playing mostly big arenas in the markets that are traditionally strong for them and smaller ones elsewhere.

Plus there could always be more added to the tour later if all goes well (and we hope it does) - I'd guess South America, Australia, then some more US dates?
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 07:19:34 PM »

There Playing Madison Square Garden on a Friday night

Nothing Wrong ok

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 07:24:59 PM »

Considering that they only averaged 6 to 10,000 fans when they tried to play 20,000 seat venues last time, I think it's totally normal for them to book smaller venues in a lot of these areas.
daubs
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 07:26:59 PM »

here in halifax the metro center holds 10,200 or so. should be intresting to see if it sells out.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 07:28:05 PM »

By next year it should be a different story once they re-established themselves as the #1 band in hardrock......

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Bono
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 07:31:36 PM »

I think it's very cool what they are doing. Bands gain fans via live performances as much as they do albums. Playing these small venues also shows that Axl seems to have his ego in check. It shows he's willing to build this band and not simply expect people to accept it. too me it shows he as wella s the guys in the abnd are willing to work for this rather than have it handed to them(though the name thing still contradicts that a bit in my opinion). Playing these smaller venues is awesome. It's grass roots shit. Well almost rofl Why would anyone complain about Guns playing small venues? I love U2 stadium shows(that's where they're best) but I would kill to see them in a small venue. ?I feel a bit silly for suggesting they might simply skip Calgary and Edmonotn again but as it turns out they seem to be really reaching out to the fans. ?Also there's the fact that many of the North American venues were half empty on the 2002 tour. Maybe that is playing in to it all also.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 07:32:40 PM »

Maybe thats why Minneapolis may get skipped this time around. ?There really isnt any midsized venue that I am aware of. ?Its either two larger arenas or smaller type theatres, nothing really that would be in the 6000-10,000 range.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 07:33:45 PM »

I can answer the question and its easy. Insurance. Some of the bigger venues may not want to chance Axl not showing up and their place getting trashed. That is why tix are soo ?high, because we are paying gnrs insurance tag for the venue.  I think its smart tho. Its much better for gnr to sell out a 6-10lk venue than to only sell 12k at a 20k vengue. It just looks better on paper.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 07:34:52 PM »

I can answer the question and its easy. Insurance. Some of the bigger venues may not want to chance Axl not showing up and their place getting trashed. That is why tix are soo  high, because we are paying gnrs insurance tag for the venue.

I doubt that's the reason for the high ticket prices, most concerts cost a lot of money nowadays, especially shows that LiveNation is a part of.

But it's an interesting theory.

Bono
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 07:36:08 PM »

Maybe thats why Minneapolis may get skipped this time around. ?There really isnt any midsized venue that I am aware of. ?Its either two larger arenas or smaller type theatres, nothing really that would be in the 6000-10,000 range.

Where does the college hockey team play? How many fans can fit in there?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 07:40:43 PM »

I can answer the question and its easy. Insurance. Some of the bigger venues may not want to chance Axl not showing up and their place getting trashed. That is why tix are soo? high, because we are paying gnrs insurance tag for the venue.

I doubt that's the reason for the high ticket prices, most concerts cost a lot of money nowadays, especially shows that LiveNation is a part of.

But it's an interesting theory.

I stand by it. Gnr tix for worcester ma are $75.00 (GA Floor & Reserved Lower), $49.50 & $39.50
supernova are $46.25 & $36.25

While at the fleet center in boston
The chili Peppers are $61 bucks

So the extra $5-10 bucks IMO is for insurance.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 07:44:02 PM »

Where does the college hockey team play? How many fans can fit in there?

They have their own arena, called marriucci...fits 7-8 thousand I believe. ?However the arena is an inground bowl type setup, and may not be all that condusive for concerts. ?The floor would be as big as a hockey rink, and the seats around it are permanent, so you couldnt fit a decent stage on it. ?Plus I don't think anyone has ever played at that arena for concerts.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 07:44:07 PM »

I can answer the question and its easy. Insurance. Some of the bigger venues may not want to chance Axl not showing up and their place getting trashed. That is why tix are soo  high, because we are paying gnrs insurance tag for the venue.  I think its smart tho. Its much better for gnr to sell out a 6-10lk venue than to only sell 12k at a 20k vengue. It just looks better on paper.

Ticket prices for these shows are basically the industry average these days (with the exception of the warm-up shows).
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 07:48:13 PM »

I can answer the question and its easy. Insurance. Some of the bigger venues may not want to chance Axl not showing up and their place getting trashed. That is why tix are soo? high, because we are paying gnrs insurance tag for the venue.? I think its smart tho. Its much better for gnr to sell out a 6-10lk venue than to only sell 12k at a 20k vengue. It just looks better on paper.

Ticket prices for these shows are basically the industry average these days (with the exception of the warm-up shows).

Oh really? They are getting high then. I went to NIN last month and just payed like $51 and that was with the taxes

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 07:58:38 PM »

Seriously.  Bakersfield and Fresno?  And Estero, Florida?  no

I know GN'R didn't sell out in 2002, but L.A. is a big market, and the big markets sold out....
Bono
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 08:05:14 PM »

They have their own arena, called marriucci...fits 7-8 thousand I believe. ?However the arena is an inground bowl type setup, and may not be all that condusive for concerts. ?The floor would be as big as a hockey rink, and the seats around it are permanent, so you couldnt fit a decent stage on it. ?Plus I don't think anyone has ever played at that arena for concerts.

What do you mean by "inground bowl" the odl montreal forum was made specifically for hockeya dn the seats aroudn the ice surface were not removeable. They had concerts all the time. As long as the ice surface is wide enough they coudl put a stage in it. The floor being as big as a hockey rink woudl be no big dal becasu that's how big the floor is gonna be in alot of these arenas right Wink  Too bad they don't do concerts there casue it sounds big enough.  Undecided Acoustics are probably shit though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: