Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:41:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  I want UYI I and II re recorded
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I want UYI I and II re recorded  (Read 19053 times)
VIP

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2006, 04:17:02 PM »

a rerecording of anything must never happen.
If it does, I will definately question why I'm being a GnR fan.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2006, 04:22:59 PM »

No way.  The new band needs to establish themselves with new material, not re-hash what the previous lineup did.  And if they're going to put that much studio time and effort in, it should be on new songs written by the current band.   There's far too much talent in this lineup for them to be a cover band trying to relive the glory days.  To do so would be insulting to both incarnations of the band.
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2006, 04:41:06 PM »

What the hell is the point of re-recording an album? Maybe Robert Plant and Jimmy Page should re-record Led Zeppelin 2. Hell, maybe Van Hagar should have re-recorded Van Halen Diver Down.
I have a great idea. How about instead of re-recording a fucking album that doesn't need to be re-recorded, the band release a NEW album.
Christ.

vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2006, 04:49:54 PM »

What the hell is the point of re-recording an album? Maybe Robert Plant and Jimmy Page should re-record Led Zeppelin 2. Hell, maybe Van Hagar should have re-recorded Van Halen Diver Down.
I have a great idea. How about instead of re-recording a fucking album that doesn't need to be re-recorded, the band release a NEW album.
Christ.

Well said  ok
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2006, 04:51:50 PM »

Christ.

Well said  ok

very well said ok
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2006, 05:06:13 PM »

Christ.

Well said? ok

very very well said ok

very well said ok
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... er... dead tomorrow...? maybe?..

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2006, 05:34:25 PM »

Christ.

Well said? ok

very very well said ok

very well said ok

Concur

re-record = bad

HOWEVER:

Remastering UYI I would be amazing.

I think Izzy's guitars are really drowned out to the degree that it's hard to hear them, even when the left of the stereo is brought fowards (i've done my own editing on the tracks and STILL find his guitars drowned)
(This can be achieved by cutting out the mid and then boosting left speaker, or alternativley just doubling the left speaker into both channels)

Remaster-me-do!
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2006, 05:35:09 PM »

I think re-recording anything is a terrible idea.
But a re-mix would be great. Get rid of all that terrible reverb on Matt's drums. The intro of You Could Be Mine would sound so much better without all that "stadium echo" added to the drums.

Pearl Jam remixed a few songs from Ten on their Greatest Hits CD, because they said all the reverb which was cool in the early 90s ruined the sound of the songs. I think the same is definitely true for the Use Your Illusions. Those CDs sound more 80s than Appetite does...
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2006, 05:44:15 PM »

I want the raw mixes that Slash has and loves.

I want a mix where I can hear both Izzy's and Slash's guitar.

I want a mix without all the bloated crap shit that Axl put into it like the orchestra in November Rain and all the sound effects.

I want UYI Naked, I want UYI Raw or whatever you wanna call it.

Luciano

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2006, 05:47:04 PM »

It would be more interesting to hear UYI re-recorded than AFD in my opinion-AFD dosen't need it, and Axl said he wasn't happy with UYI because you can hear a band dying on it-I think that is why a lot of it is not played on tour now-only 2 the band wrote and recorded NR and YCBM-with KOHD and LALD the covers, of course-it would be interesting, but at the same time I can understand not touching them, but it would be intersting to see the new band tackle estranged, things like that

libertad
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »

I don't know if this would ever happen but I would like the new guys to re record all of the old stuff because I think that Pittman on the Synth is fucking awesome I love how Axl added that element especially to Nov Rain.

Not a bad idea. I'd love to hear the new guys take on songs like The Garden & Estranged, but I think certain songs would be excluded from a re-recording, the same as with AFD dropping You're Crazy & Anything Goes.

Personally, I don't see songs like Garden of Eden, Get In The Ring, Shotgun Blues, or My World making the cut.

Maybe those four, could be replaced with re-recordings of Sway, Back In The U.S.S.R., Down On The Farm, and a Tommy Stinson-charged You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2006, 06:09:17 PM »

I think Guns should keep looking forward, at least for now.

And I think the problem with And Justice for all is Jason Newsteds bass playing.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2006, 06:14:44 PM »

I don't know if this would ever happen but I would like the new guys to re record all of the old stuff because I think that Pittman on the Synth is fucking awesome I love how Axl added that element especially to Nov Rain.

Not a bad idea. I'd love to hear the new guys take on songs like The Garden & Estranged, but I think certain songs would be excluded from a re-recording, the same as with AFD dropping You're Crazy & Anything Goes.

Personally, I don't see songs like Garden of Eden, Get In The Ring, Shotgun Blues, or My World making the cut.

Maybe those four, could be replaced with re-recordings of Sway, Back In The U.S.S.R., Down On The Farm, and a Tommy Stinson-charged You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory.

If anything, maybe they can play them live at some point.  For the love of God, don't re-record anything...new material, please!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2006, 06:27:18 PM »

I agree. I would only want it if it didn't stop the progress of new material.

I wonder why Perfect Crime never returned...

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2006, 07:11:36 PM »

I so don't agree to re-recorded versions... yeah a little 'cosmetic surgery'. Coma live sounds fucking great and Nasty. But it loses that slightly in the studio version. Cut out all the over dubs/effects and stuff that doesn't need to be there.  And also would be nice to hear the Versions prepared for the GN'R Pinball machine. 

20th anniversary versions must be on the cards....i'd hope. a chance to slightly tweak those classic - awsome - albums?   

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2006, 07:22:20 PM »

i find nothing wrong with how there recorded

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2006, 08:24:17 PM »

Bands that go back and re-record their past glories are either a) totally out of fresh ideas or b) looking to reclaim past glories by riding the coattails of the last thing their fans actually liked.

The new GnR is neither of those things. I'm sure they wouldn't be regarded as a big joke for having re-recorded more old material than actual new material.

Yeah, great idea.
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2006, 09:02:39 PM »

If they ever re recorded the illusions, id want them done with the original band, witgh steven on drums, gnr were never the same once steven left.
HMJACK707
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2006, 09:10:49 PM »

If they ever re recorded the illusions, id want them done with the original band, witgh steven on drums, gnr were never the same once steven left.

Heh, Yeah they were better. GN'R got better as time went on. Every album they put out was 10 times better than the last (Well besides TSI but that does not really count cause its a cover album)
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2006, 09:34:32 PM »

Bands that go back and re-record their past glories are either a) totally out of fresh ideas or b) looking to reclaim past glories by riding the coattails of the last thing their fans actually liked.

The new GnR is neither of those things. I'm sure they wouldn't be regarded as a big joke for having re-recorded more old material than actual new material.

Yeah, great idea.

They've already re-recorded Appetite.

They've just got no current plans to release it.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: