Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:08:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  I want UYI I and II re recorded
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I want UYI I and II re recorded  (Read 19054 times)
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2006, 09:39:02 PM »

Yah was it your idea to remake Hitchcocks Pyscho?

Dont eat cheese after midnight
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2006, 10:54:54 PM »

sure, no prob. i'll tell axl to get right on it...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2006, 11:08:04 PM »

I myself would love to see George Lucas remaking the remakes of the original Star Wars trilogy remakes.There are BETTER CGI gimmicks available now so surely they'd turn even better!

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2006, 02:31:51 AM »

Christ how did this become a thread, does AXL get shit done fast??? No then why and the fuck would he re record and album?? Christ I am already wondering how long it will take an album to come out after chinese democracy?? ?He lost vital younger years making this album.? I love it, its gonna be great but come the fuck on.? This could be it for AXL after CD enjoy it when it comes out

Dont eat cheese after midnight
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2006, 02:41:02 AM »

Christ how did this become a thread, does AXL get shit done fast??  No then why and the fuck would he re record and album?  Christ I am already wondering how long it will take an album to come out after chinese democracy?   He lost vital younger years making this album.  I love it, its gonna be great but come the fuck on.  This could be it for AXL after CD enjoy it when it comes out

once GNR gets over that hump, it will be smooth sailing  yes
phasetrak
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2006, 07:28:09 AM »

what the hell is wrong with you?? so you want to re-record over the REAL band???
No, he wants the NEW band to re-record over the OLD band.
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2006, 09:10:06 AM »

You mean AXL's new band?  hihi hihi hihi hihi

Because the band that recorded Appetite for Destruction and stormed the world from 1986 to 1991 is Guns n' Roses, wheter you like it or not. There is nothing you can do to change it.

And this "new" band is just Axl's band playing GNR songs, and then again there is just nothing you can do to change it.
 hihi hihi hihi

Luciano
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2006, 04:40:23 PM »

You mean AXL's new band?? hihi hihi hihi hihi

Because the band that recorded Appetite for Destruction and stormed the world from 1986 to 1991 is Guns n' Roses, wheter you like it or not. There is nothing you can do to change it.

And this "new" band is just Axl's band playing GNR songs, and then again there is just nothing you can do to change it.
 hihi hihi hihi

Luciano

that's just so beyond stupid i can barely comment on it.

also - i don't want them to re-record anything, because the Use Your Illusions are complete works of art, as is Appetite.  Re-recording them, erasing what past members have done changes it into something else - not the albums we love.  It's as bad as George lucas going back and digitally altering Star Wars to make it better, it's a work of art that, once completed, really shouldn't be tampered with.

plus it would take SO GODDAMN LONG, i want new material, ass-kicking, beautiful new material - which is nicely on it's way, so I'm very happy with the state of the Guns right now.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2006, 04:51:31 PM »

hihi hihi hihi

Luciano

Wow. How completely original! To post something about how the current members of the band aren't really Guns N' Roses!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2006, 05:10:12 PM »

hihi hihi hihi

Luciano

Wow. How completely original! To post something about how the current members of the band aren't really Guns N' Roses!

My thoughts exactly.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
luciano
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2006, 07:48:50 PM »

My thoughts, there is nothing original about it.

Oh, and I was not answering/talking to any of you guys, I was answering the guy who wrote this:

Luciano
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2006, 11:26:17 PM »

hihi hihi hihi

Luciano

Just as much the same you can't get over that the entity that is Guns N' Roses is moving on without the guys from the 1986-91 days.

Although Izzy is being welcomed for the ride!

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2006, 11:29:18 PM »

My thoughts, there is nothing original about it.

Oh, and I was not answering/talking to any of you guys, I was answering the guy who wrote this:

Luciano

When you post something idiotic in public, you can expect a public response.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
luciano
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2006, 12:00:29 AM »

Just as much the same you can't get over that the entity that is Guns N' Roses is moving on without the guys from the 1986-91 days!

Oh, this is brand new to me.
Guns n' Roses is an entity now?
Wow.  rofl rofl rofl
Or maybe I understood it wrong. Maybe you just were trying to say that GNR is like Menudo. New guys replace the old ones and the "entity" moves on. Is that right?
 hihi hihi hihi
No, I guess not.
I guess you just think that Guns n' Roses is Axl, right?
Got ya!  yes

Thanks for the idiotic word! I was missing felling 11 years old! It was so cool back then! I wish I could be like you. I guess you are having a great time, huh?

Luciano
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2006, 03:15:37 AM »

Just as much the same you can't get over that the entity that is Guns N' Roses is moving on without the guys from the 1986-91 days!

Wow.  rofl rofl rofl
Or maybe I understood it wrong. Maybe you just were trying to say that GNR is like Menudo. New guys replace the old ones and the "entity" moves on. Is that right?
 hihi hihi hihi
No, I guess not.
Got ya!  yes

Guns N' Roses was Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven.
Then Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Matt.
Then Axl, Slash, Duff, Matt, and Gilby...and so on.  If you can't accept change, then don't listen to the new stuff (or the Illusion albums, for that matter).  Based on your profile text (Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!), I'm guessing you cannot accept change. 

Do we think GNR is just Axl? 

No.

Most of us think it was all of the iterations I listed above (and those I didn't list, as well).  Most of us think GNR IS Axl, Tommy, Ron, Robin, Richard, Dizzy, Chris, and Bryan.  This is dependent on the idea that time only moves in one direction.  If it moves in both, GNR simultaneously is the current lineup, all previous lineups, and all future lineups.     

Thanks for the idiotic word! I was missing felling 11 years old! It was so cool back then! I wish I could be like you. I guess you are having a great time, huh?

Luciano

I truly have no idea what you're talking about.  However, I do support your efforts to be like me.  I am having a great time, thanks.  beer 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 03:17:41 AM by freedom78 » Logged

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2006, 03:51:18 AM »

Wow.? rofl rofl rofl
 hihi hihi hihi
No, I guess not.
Got ya!? yes

Luciano

Guns N' Roses WAS Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven/Matt & Dizzy

Guns N' Roses IS Axl, Robin, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy, Chris, and sometimes Izzy (kind of like A-E-I-O-U and sometimes Y, with vowels. That's GN'R 2006 baby!)

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
luciano
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2007, 01:08:58 AM »

Do you like to change?
How about replacing your mother by the nicest woman in the world?
How about replacing your brother by the coolest guy?
Some people are just not replaceable. Specially when it comes to musicians. Izzy, Slash and Duff fill in that category.
So, as you can see, it is not about "accepting change" or not.

Guns n' Roses was the best band in the world.
Axl's band (NEW GNR) is just a good/great band (as you like), and it is good/great BECAUSE of Axl.
If Axl Rose was not singing on it, I am SURE 90% of the people here on this very board wouldn't bother to listen to it.
I am sure I wouldn't!
But I am always be listening to whatever Axl does.
Because he is so good.
But that don't make the other people around him just as good.
And that does not blind my judgment over the music that he is singing.
Because he has set the highest possible bar in Guns n' Roses.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2007, 02:03:11 AM »

Some people are just not replaceable. Specially when it comes to musicians. Izzy, Slash and Duff fill in that category.
So, as you can see, it is not about "accepting change" or not.

Apparently neither Steven nor Matt are irreplaceable...I'd be interested in knowing how you make that distinction.  Is it because Steven was replaced, but you like UYI, so it's ok that he was replaced?  Why can you accept that change, and not others? 

Also, regarding the idea that this applies especially to musicians, should AC/DC have not added Brian Johnson, after Bon's death?  I mean, Bon was a musician, right?  So he's irreplaceable.  And Back in Black should have never been recorded.  Correct?  If you truly believe so, then that's fine, but that opinion is destined for the trash bin of history.  I'm sure a reasonable number of people thought so at the time, but they have long since been silenced. 

Musicians are replaceable.  Whether the replacements are better than the original members is a matter of opinion.  The extent to which replacements are valid pieces of a band's history is decided after the fact, by the quality of the music they produce and the willingness of fans to accept them, rather than by hastily conceived ideas that this member or that is "irreplaceable."     

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Czr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2007, 03:33:44 AM »

I can't believe I just spent the last 14 minutes reading this!

Sorry to hear you are lost, and need to find yourself. Let me help you, get a map and a mirror!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2007, 06:46:09 AM »

So you would rather move backwards than forwards?

Hear old songs re-recorded, rather than hear new great songs GNR are going to putout on 'Chinese Democracy'?

...some people on this board are crazzzzzzy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: