Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:03:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Alice Cooper: 'I Wish I Could See More Bands Like Early Guns N Roses'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice Cooper: 'I Wish I Could See More Bands Like Early Guns N Roses'  (Read 27958 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2009, 08:29:12 PM »

I confidently expect several of the people around here to tout us as the greatest, most hardcore, rebel-rousing band since the Robin Finck era.

The difference is, your imaginary band hasn't done shit. GN'R has, on their terms.

That's why GN'R is rock n' roll and you're not.

Sorry!

I find it highly amusing to see so many whine about how "GN'R doesn't do what other bands do".

One band sticks out and does their thing instead of being a lapdog and it's soooo horrible!

Don't we have enough Nickelbacks, Wingers etc. in the world already?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2009, 08:33:16 PM »

I confidently expect several of the people around here to tout us as the greatest, most hardcore, rebel-rousing band since the Robin Finck era.

The difference is, your imaginary band hasn't done shit. GN'R has, on their terms.

That's why GN'R is rock n' roll and you're not.

Sorry!

I find it highly amusing to see so many whine about how "GN'R doesn't do what other bands do".

One band sticks out and does their thing instead of being a lapdog and it's soooo horrible!

Don't we have enough Nickelbacks, Wingers etc. in the world already?

/jarmo

Hey, my band might put out an album after 17 years. You've just got to have faith. We have some amazing songs, we just won't let you listen to them yet. But we will soon. Maybe. Or not. Wink

P.S. Allow me to introduce you to my good pal Irony sometime.

And there goes the challenger...
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2009, 08:35:31 PM »

We all want to see more bands like Early GNR I dont think that will happen soon but it will with some time

Exactly. People are bound to get sick of the trite, middle-of-the-road shit that passes for rock music in 2009 eventually. These things come and go in phases, and you've got to either ride it out or look beyond the mainstream at some of the bands with a smaller following. There's always plenty going on beneath the surface.
Honestly their are a few that are good but I am still waiting for the newest band to climb up and take the Rock N' Roll throne like GNR did way back with music that just embodys the Rock N' Roll spirit we all love hopefully that day is coming faster than we think!!!   peace

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2009, 08:38:31 PM »

We all want to see more bands like Early GNR I dont think that will happen soon but it will with some time

Exactly. People are bound to get sick of the trite, middle-of-the-road shit that passes for rock music in 2009 eventually. These things come and go in phases, and you've got to either ride it out or look beyond the mainstream at some of the bands with a smaller following. There's always plenty going on beneath the surface.
Honestly their are a few that are good but I am still waiting for the newest band to climb up and take the Rock N' Roll throne like GNR did way back with music that just embodys the Rock N' Roll spirit we all love hopefully that day is coming faster than we think!!!   peace

In the UK rock has suffered the same fate as most music and been taken out of the bars and been put into corporate sponsored venues like Carling Academy's etc. where the mainstream is able to look after its own interests and naturally emerging talent isn't given room to grow.

Great rock is working class, and sadly the spotlight isn't been shone on those people right now. As for the US, they're still in the aftermath of the hip-hop boom.

Classic rock has a cult following at best right now - but maybe some of these kids playing Guitar Hero and Rock Band are getting inspired right now, and who knows...give it a few years, anything could happen.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2009, 08:39:08 PM »

Hey, my band might put out an album after 17 years. You've just got to have faith. We have some amazing songs, we just won't let you listen to them yet. But we will soon. Maybe. Or not. Wink

In that case, come back in 17 years to brag.

Until then, shut the fuck up!  ok

We're best friends, since the 1980s...

I see that you've been hanging out with a peculiar person called Stupidity a lot though... Not a friend of mine. We don't seem to get along!

I would advise spending less time with that one.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2009, 08:44:25 PM »

In that case, come back in 17 years to brag.

Until then, shut the fuck up!  ok

We're best friends, since the 1980s...

I see that you've been hanging out with a peculiar person called Stupidity a lot though... Not a friend of mine. We don't seem to get along!

I would advise spending less time with that one.

/jarmo

Jarmo, if you knew Irony like I know Irony (and believe me, we're pretty intimate) you wouldn't come out with something like 'come back in 17 years or shut the fuck up' after running an (admittedly great) site largely fueled on rumor, hope and innuendo from it's inception to 2006.

My point is the kind of band Alice was talking about isn't the kind of band the current GNR is. If it was, he wouldn't be asking why there are no bands like that. Also, that in my opinion a band should be judged on what they do, not what they don't do - it isn't wonderful that Guns don't do videos or singles etc. It is wonderful when they do tour and when they do put out an album.

You might as well talk about how the autobiography that Axl hasn't published is the best ever autobiography that hasn't ever come out, ever.

You're so down on the fans all the time - or at least any that are willing to express an opinion on anything. The fact is, they have more devotion to the band than the band has activity for them to be devoted to, and thats where most of the frustrations lie. Eagerly awaiting your dismissive, blinkered reply.

peace
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 08:46:09 PM by TomFriend » Logged

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2009, 08:50:09 PM »

If thats the case shouldnt this topic be in the Dead Horse section???

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2009, 08:50:59 PM »

You're so down on the fans all the time - or at least any that are willing to express an opinion on anything. The fact is, they have more devotion to the band than the band has activity for them to be devoted to, and thats where most of the frustrations lie.

No, just the ones that I think say stupid shit.  

The same kind of people who'll try to use any excuse to try to belittle the band.  peace

Alice can wish what he wants.

The fact remains, just because you're not 20 doesn't mean all your principles change.... That's my point.

/jarmo

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2009, 08:59:33 PM »

If thats the case shouldnt this topic be in the Dead Horse section???

Good point - why isn't it Jarmo? He did  clearly say 'early Guns N' Roses'.

You're so down on the fans all the time - or at least any that are willing to express an opinion on anything. The fact is, they have more devotion to the band than the band has activity for them to be devoted to, and thats where most of the frustrations lie.

No, just the ones that I think say stupid shit.  

The same kind of people who'll try to use any excuse to try to belittle the band.  peace

Alice can wish what he wants.

The fact remains, just because you're not 20 doesn't mean all your principles change.... That's my point.

/jarmo

I've bucketloads of respect for Axl's principles, and don't feel he or his fans are so desperately insecure that any efforts on my part to belittle him (of which there have been a sum total of zero, by the way) would matter in the least.

Interesting that the ones who 'say stupid shit' tend to be the exact same ones who say anything you don't 100% agree with - the contributions to the forum that you constantly belittle, despite the fact that those same posts often lead to the most interesting discussions.

I guess a load of bleating apologists agreeing with each other would be preferable. To that end:

"GNR Rock. I don't care who's in the band, it will be great. When they tour, it will be great. When they make an album it will be great. If we wait forever for something to happen it will also be great. Yay."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:09:18 PM by TomFriend » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2009, 09:18:43 PM »

Interesting that the ones who 'say stupid shit' tend to be the exact same ones who say anything you don't 100% agree with - the contributions to the forum that you constantly belittle, despite the fact that those same posts often lead to the most interesting discussions.

Yeah, because it's soooo interesting to hear you talk about how you want this and that and until you get it, everything sucks.

Yes, it's true. I don't agree with all these unhappy people.

People who go online to whine and whine about shit.

Faceless people hiding behind their usernames. It's easy. Nobody sees who you really are. We don't know if you're a 12 year old guy who doesn't know shit or if you're 50.

The difference you don't seem to see, as usual, is that when people have something constructive to say, then there can be an actual discussion. But rarely are these people interested in anything constructive.

And any possible explanations to anything are disregarded so that the whining can continue. Thinking is overrated, whining is just the natural reaction to some of these so called fans.

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2009, 09:20:51 PM »

"most interesting discussions" is certainly a matter of opinion.  

for example, theres some sites out there that want nothing more than to have the same ol old vs new arguments that have been going on for years.   Thats not interesting, its boring and tired. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2009, 12:22:06 AM »

I like to hear a band be stupid and drunk. I wish I could see more bands like that were like early Guns N' Roses, early Aerosmith, just snotty rock 'n' roll bands."

Now let's not get too far from what he said...it was a compliment to GNR and Aerosmith, not a dis to the current band. Roll Eyes

And I wondered where this went.  hihi

« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 12:40:43 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2009, 07:37:16 AM »

...it was a compliment to GNR and Aerosmith, not a dis to the current band

It is very hard though to compliment the old band.  some fan's of the nu band are very sensitive

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2009, 11:27:05 AM »

It is very hard though to compliment the old band.  some fan's of the nu band are very sensitive

The only fuckin sensitive one's are fans like you who always try to bring the ex-gunners into the current GNR section even though youze got TWO other sections to discuss what's going on with the ex-gunners.

JARMO NEVER LETS US DISCUSS THE EX-GUNNERS!!!  crying

oh wait  Roll Eyes

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=12.0

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=15.0

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2009, 03:34:30 PM »

there is no "nu" band.    Theres just Guns N' Roses.

Like gypsy pointed out, you have plenty of places to talk about the former guys.  But what I would add to that is people like yourself often try to use the old members as a way to disrespect the present members.    When Axl ranted in Albany in 2002, he was talking about you.   Listen to it and you'll see why you are being ridiculous.  Once you accept that the guys in teh band now are in no way shape or form preventing your heros from coming back to the band, maybe you can let go of all this nonsense and move into the present with the rest of us.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2009, 05:26:38 PM »

Alice Cooper was paying a compliment to GNR...he was not talking about a certain line-up.  By "early" he meant in the life of the band, at least that how I took it.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 02:47:25 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2009, 05:53:36 AM »

wow, people on HTGTH...argueing about old line up...vs new line up?

Never seen this before.

The fucking comment was Cooper saying he'd like to see NEW BANDS with the attitude and feel of those once young rock n roll bands like Aerosmith, like Guns N Roses etc etc!!!

And someone was on bout how live music in the UK is killed now.

I would agree, non of the kids think "hey, its friday night, theres a load of bands on at blah blahs, lets go get drinks n have a good time"

Its more a case of, you n your band are going to play a show, as are other bands. But the people are in town with this mentality "Hey, LETS GO OUT N GET FUCKED TONIGHT, N DANCE TO SOME TUNNESSS GEEZ" n they just want to go to clubs where a DJ is playing Kanye West, or the fucking Go Team.

I feel sorry for many of the great bands around the world that play gigs now because you dont make ANYTHING n rarely get anything for your efforts. Ive only been doing it a year n its a fuckin drag.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2009, 10:40:52 PM »

In all fairness to Alice, I am pretty positive he is speaking of NEW BANDS

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2009, 03:17:28 PM »

Thank you for putting this up in the Dead Horse Section because I don't remember the current GNR being drunk and in your face like the way Alice said.

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2009, 03:18:48 PM »

The only fuckin sensitive one's are fans like you who always try to bring the ex-gunners into the current GNR section even though youze got TWO other sections to discuss what's going on with the ex-gunners.

JARMO NEVER LETS US DISCUSS THE EX-GUNNERS!!!  crying

oh wait  Roll Eyes

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=12.0

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=15.0
This topic was on the GNR section for at least 2 weeks till we knocked some seance into it

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: