Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:44:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Some interesting information and comments from old Record Collector magazines
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some interesting information and comments from old Record Collector magazines  (Read 1876 times)
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« on: October 18, 2009, 02:11:10 PM »

Regarding Lies: The acoustic tracks were recorded in the span of 12 hours.  The tracks recorded were: Patience, Used To Love Her, You're Crazy, One In A Million and Cornshucker.  Never knew that the recording session was so short.

The June 1989 issue also mentions a new album in the summer, of course which we all know now was still 2 years away.

From the Dec. 1991 issue: "After the recent crop of rumours regarding the band's internal politics, I wouldn't take bets on them making another album ever, let alone fixing a timespan on its completion."  What a prescient statement at the time!

From the same issue: "You should also note that U.K. distribution of the band's record label, Geffen, has recently passed from WEA to MCA, entailing the reissue of thier first two albums with new catalogue numbers.  No doubt in ten years' time, this will make original pressings very collectable-  by which time Guns N' Roses might even have completed another album."  What I love about this is not only how true of a statement it is, but that the magazine is already giving Guns shit about a new album only 3 months after the release of the Illusion albums!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: