Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:08:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1568133 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2640 on: December 05, 2014, 01:02:40 PM »

People are already starting to change course from Axl will never release another album to its going to suck.  For those who didn't like CD and complain about the live shows, I have a hard time understanding why they visit a GN'R message board daily.  Not here, but at mygnrforum obviously.  

You have nailed it!

Why patronize or participate in something you dislike? It is unhealthy to contribute to the toxicity that goes on in some forums imo.

I don't  enjoy poison or Bonjovi, but I don't  join their fan forums to complain and mount personal attacks on them.

I don't  understand that mindset.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2641 on: December 05, 2014, 01:03:07 PM »

I also enjoyed the last Rio show, despite the constant downpour, and it was not the "disaster" that many people who were not there choose to label it and sensationalize about.

Was it a show you'd consider a strong one you'd direct other people to as a good representation of what your favorite band can do?

I have never been to a GNR show I was not thrilled and ecstatic to have  attended.

Were you in attendance, or are you one of the people that critiques shows you don't  attend? Hmmm? Kiss
I agree with this.   I have seen guns play many many times live with many different lineups and have always had a great time and they put on a great show.  

However.  That doesn't always mean it's there best show or axls voice has sounded the best or the band was really tight and hitting all the notes.   I was at one show at an arena where the sound was so off.  Due to the fact it's a crap arena.   I still had a blast.  But the sound sounded like crap.    
Just cause you are a fan doesn't mean you can't criticisize things....  

Personally I always find I can enjoy the sound letter threw a great recording of a concert   Watched at home.    Don't get me wrong.  Seeing them live is always the best.  But when it comes down to just sound quality I always find it best to be heard or seen at home.  That's why I don't like the "where u there " argument
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2642 on: December 05, 2014, 01:04:38 PM »

Seeing video is not the same as being in attendance. There are far too many that sit anonymously behind their computers and whine about shows and setlists for shows they dont attend.

Not saying you do this, it is something I have observed.

Unless they laud it, of course.

If someone has taken to the internet to laud a show they only saw video of, only to be told their opinion doesn't really mater because they weren't there, I've missed it.

The value of what you can glean from Youtube seems entirely dependent on what you have to say.  Really hurts the credibility of the argument.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2643 on: December 05, 2014, 01:05:04 PM »

I'm not really sure on the voice thing, but all I know is that I believe he sounds much better after touring for a while.  When he first starts, it can be rough.

Rock In Rio when he was in that yellow rain coat, I didn't think he sounded great at all.  And please don't tell me it was because of the rain.

Other times, and usually after singing on the road for a while, he sounds much better to me.

I think the best I've heard him was during the Rose Bar sessions.  Outstanding!  But maybe that's because I enjoy the rasp.  Others may not so much.

On Chinese, I prefer the raspier songs like on Better, Madagascar, or IRS.  The higher voice in If The World, I'm not a fan of.  But when he goes to the rasp in that same song, I like. 

Rose bar was a good show, I enjoyed that one a great deal.

I also enjoyed the last Rio show, despite the constant downpour, and it was not the "disaster" that many people who were not there choose to label it and sensationalize about.

I wasn't at the Rose Bar Sessions either!  Now obviously when anyone is actually AT a show, it is better.  But I can judge a show based on video just fine thank you.  I do take into account that I'm not actually there.  

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2644 on: December 05, 2014, 01:06:32 PM »

Why patronize or participate in something you dislike? It is unhealthy to contribute to the toxicity that goes on in some forums imo.

I don't  enjoy poison or Bonjovi, but I don't  join their fan forums to complain and mount personal attacks on them.

I don't  understand that mindset.

But it doesn't apply to this particular board though.

Not one person that chooses to post here in 2014 is not interested in a new album, and looking forward to it.

Other forums, that argument applies.  Not here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2645 on: December 05, 2014, 01:08:39 PM »

Being a show live can disguise some of the mistakes or issues you hear when listening/watching a high quality recorded version.  The music is often overpowering some of the vocal issues, you got the crowd noise and enthusiasm, maybe you're drinking, etc.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2646 on: December 05, 2014, 01:09:45 PM »

I don't think its a bad thing by saying Axls voice sounds better the more he warms it up.  Excersises it.  And the longer the tour goes the better his voice sounds.   It's not a bad thing.   If you think Axl can take a year off and roll out of bed and hit all the notes and have a great sounding voice.  That's fine.    I don't think he can.  Not at 50 years old.   It would be like me thinking I could hit the track and be a star like I was in college   But in reality I would blow my knee out and need a oxygen tank!

For years, I have said you never want one of the first 5 shows on a tour.  We all know Axl will not be in good vocal shape.

But I have to give credit to Jarmo for disproving that, at least a bit.  He pointed out that the 12/19/09 show was only the 4th of that tour.  And Axl sounds great.  I agree with him on that.  In fact, I consider it the best new band show overall.

On balance, I'd still rather they hit my town a bit later in the tour.  But Jarmo's point is a valid one, so you can't say that's always the case. 

Right his point is a valid point and really it's what I am trying to say.   If it takes the 4 th show the 100th show or the 1st show to get his voice in shape it doesn't matter.   It's just as long as it's in shape.  Who knows what type of voice exercises he is doing durring different tours and durring downtime.   It's not just all about playing a gig and getting your voice in shape via playing live.  There is no spring training games Rock stars can use to get in shape.  I guess you can count smalle showes before a huge world tour as sori g training though haha
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2647 on: December 05, 2014, 01:11:57 PM »

For all the so called fans who said it was never coming out, Axl and the band proved you wrong. That's it. No matter how you twist it, ridicule it or bring up your standard low bar argument.

I guess it depends on what the other person actually said, right?

"This album will never, ever, ever come out.  Book it.  Write that down.  Write it in ink.  Write it in cement.  Its never happening.  I will bet you $1,000 and my left arm it never comes out.  That's how sure I am."

That guy?  Yeah, I could see breaking that guy's balls.  He went all in.

"This delay is fucking ridiculous.  How the hell does a rock album take this long?  He's not working on the cure for AIDS here.  After awhile, its as done as its gonna be.  Just put it out already, Axl.  You already have decent feedback via the leaks.  Get the show on the road already."

That guy?  I don't see as solid ground to break balls.  He just dared to open his mouth.  

And I would think there were more of the latter than the former.  

But, if you are in the camp that considers either position a gross injustice, perhaps you lump them all in together.  I don't know.  I'm not in your head.

There's differences, yes. But both come from the same place, negativity. Which some thrive on.

If you remove some of that feeling of need and negativity, the same could've been said with "I wish the album was coming out soon because the songs I heard at the show were amazing".

Same goal, different mindset.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2648 on: December 05, 2014, 01:13:51 PM »

Being a show live can disguise some of the mistakes or issues you hear when listening/watching a high quality recorded version.  The music is often overpowering some of the vocal issues, you got the crowd noise and enthusiasm, maybe you're drinking, etc.

All very true.

I've never seen any other fanbase go down this road.  To be fair, I've also never seen as hypersensitive a fanbase as I have for this band.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2649 on: December 05, 2014, 01:16:57 PM »

There's differences, yes. But both come from the same place, negativity. Which some thrive on.

If you remove some of that feeling of need and negativity, the same could've been said with "I wish the album was coming out soon because the songs I heard at the show were amazing".

Same goal, different mindset.

I slightly disagree in that I would say the first guy is negative, and the second guy is just frustrated.

The first guy actively hopes it never comes out.  The second guy still very much hopes it does (eventually).

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2650 on: December 05, 2014, 01:19:19 PM »

Frustration isn't a positive feeling.
Complaining, posting about being frustrated or annoyed, what does it lead to?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2651 on: December 05, 2014, 01:19:55 PM »

All very true.

I've never seen any other fanbase go down this road.  To be fair, I've also never seen as hypersensitive a fanbase as I have for this band.

Its fair to criticize.  But I think its the vitriol that some "fans" have that is annoying.  But that "negativity" doesn't happen here, not really in a long time.  So not sure why the handful of you have to argue.  

But I think its time to turn a corner on the postive vs. negative fan base thing.  I'd like to see more discussion around what we'd like to hear, how we'd like to see it marketed, bands we'd like them to tour with, Ron/No Ron, Duff's role, etc.  

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2652 on: December 05, 2014, 01:23:39 PM »

Discussion with like minded fans going through the same thing.  Who else is even interested in the topic? 

There is a reason we come to GNR boards to talk about these things rather than bringing it up at bars or at parties.  None of those people have near the level of interest in the topic that we do, and most don't give a shit on any level.

If your definition of "negativity" is anything that is not smiling and nodding at all times and clapping like a seal, then you must see a lot of negativity in this world of ours, no?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2653 on: December 05, 2014, 01:25:17 PM »

But I think its time to turn a corner on the postive vs. negative fan base thing.  I'd like to see more discussion around what we'd like to hear, how we'd like to see it marketed, bands we'd like them to tour with, Ron/No Ron, Duff's role, etc.  

I thought Ron's status was one of the bigger stories that happened this past year, but no one ever wants to really talk about it.

I think its a huge, huge deal if he's truly gone.  He is a very important cog of the live show.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2654 on: December 05, 2014, 01:35:16 PM »

Discussion with like minded fans going through the same thing.  Who else is even interested in the topic? 

There is a reason we come to GNR boards to talk about these things rather than bringing it up at bars or at parties.  None of those people have near the level of interest in the topic that we do, and most don't give a shit on any level.

If your definition of "negativity" is anything that is not smiling and nodding at all times and clapping like a seal, then you must see a lot of negativity in this world of ours, no?

Jesus. You really don't get it. The discussions you're interested in doesn't interest me. It's obvious.
I don't see anything constructive about going day after day posting about what I don't like about my favorite band, For you, that's probably interesting so you don't have to deal with something else.

In essence, whining has no interest to me. Especially when you consider the people doing it never stop.

/jarmo

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2655 on: December 05, 2014, 01:36:49 PM »

My take on Ron is that his contract is on the fence right now.  If not I think we would have heard one way or the other.  I hope the movement towards releasing new material is something to at least gives Ron incentive.  But if its without his contributions, I don't see it changing.  In my book, he'll be missed.  He's a NY dude, cool with the fans and very talented.  But the show will go on.  

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2656 on: December 05, 2014, 01:38:33 PM »

Jesus. You really don't get it. The discussions you're interested in doesn't interest me. It's obvious.

Wow, why must it always be about you?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2657 on: December 05, 2014, 01:41:46 PM »

My take on Ron is that his contract is on the fence right now.  If not I think we would have heard one way or the other.  I hope the movement towards releasing new material is something to at least gives Ron incentive.  But if its without his contributions, I don't see it changing.  In my book, he'll be missed.  He's a NY dude, cool with the fans and very talented.  But the show will go on.  

Agreed.

I think he's in wait and see mode.  He's been let down so many times, I do think he's seeing it as put up or shut up time.  Its also my hope he stays, and maybe he will if a new album comes out, followed by a fresher touring experience.

If he has to be replaced, I just don't know whoa that means to the live show.  Ron covers a lot of the big time spots.  Its not my impression that is being done by anything other than necessity.  So if DJ is struggling with some of it now, does he get better overnight?  And, assuming not, do you want a brand new guy coming in with such big responsibility?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2658 on: December 05, 2014, 01:46:34 PM »

Wow, why must it always be about you?

Is that your final answer?

Ok. I'll explain this to you once again. I started this site in 1996 because I didn't see the kind of fan site I would visit around. The main idea was, and still is to this day, "What kind of fan site would I visit?".
The idea isn't, "What kind of fan site do I think everybody else would like?". See, the tiny difference.

Keep that in mind before I continue.

Remember what I just told you? Good. Because the idea of having a forum that is full of people who want to whine day after day about how bad everything is sounds like a forum I wouldn't want to visit.

So, yes. That's why it's about me.
Sorry. Not everything can be about you. Not even half.

Until next time.  Kiss

/jarmo

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2659 on: December 05, 2014, 01:47:19 PM »

Agreed.

I think he's in wait and see mode.  He's been let down so many times, I do think he's seeing it as put up or shut up time.  Its also my hope he stays, and maybe he will if a new album comes out, followed by a fresher touring experience.

If he has to be replaced, I just don't know whoa that means to the live show.  Ron covers a lot of the big time spots.  Its not my impression that is being done by anything other than necessity.  So if DJ is struggling with some of it now, does he get better overnight?  And, assuming not, do you want a brand new guy coming in with such big responsibility?

Its going to take a bit of time, and hopefully a decision can be made sooner than later.  We've heard talk about touring in 2015.  Would certainly like to think they can't book shows until that gets sorted.  And lets just hypothesize that they release the new album before their next tour date; well then I certainly hope indecision doesn't get in the way of touring behind the new material right away.  I think CD would have performed better if they had toured behind it immediately following its release.

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: