Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:44:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1568153 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2660 on: December 05, 2014, 01:54:50 PM »

Its going to take a bit of time, and hopefully a decision can be made sooner than later.  We've heard talk about touring in 2015.  Would certainly like to think they can't book shows until that gets sorted.  And lets just hypothesize that they release the new album before their next tour date; well then I certainly hope indecision doesn't get in the way of touring behind the new material right away.  I think CD would have performed better if they had toured behind it immediately following its release.

Agreed.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2661 on: December 05, 2014, 01:58:19 PM »

Wow, why must it always be about you?

Is that your final answer?

Ok. I'll explain this to you once again. I started this site in 1996 because I didn't see the kind of fan site I would visit around. The main idea was, and still is to this day, "What kind of fan site would I visit?".
The idea isn't, "What kind of fan site do I think everybody else would like?". See, the tiny difference.

Keep that in mind before I continue.

Remember what I just told you? Good. Because the idea of having a forum that is full of people who want to whine day after day about how bad everything is sounds like a forum I wouldn't want to visit.

So, yes. That's why it's about me.
Sorry. Not everything can be about you. Not even half.

Until next time.  Kiss

/jarmo

But Jarmo, is there no limit to how far you'll push people out?  In many ways, I think its admirable how you've been able to stick to your guns and keep this site from turning into a mockery of the band.  But at the same time, its cost you a tremendous amount of site activity.  You may not care about that, but whats the use of having a forum if there's no one discussing anything?  

I think this moment is the perfect opportunity to build this site back up to being the alternative for many to MyGNR.  I think it would go along way towards building fan support, and what I mean by that is, I'm sure there are many "guests", more casual fans, that will visit this site and others when news comes out.  If that fan sees mostly negative stuff on MyGNR, many of them will be influenced by that.  But if they come here and see people having robust discussions, and its all people that actually are looking forward to new material, that is a postiive. Even if some of the conversation can sometimes lean towards criticism.  But when a fairly zero tolerance policy towards those conversations, its a difficult order.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2662 on: December 05, 2014, 02:03:22 PM »

Wow, why must it always be about you?

Is that your final answer?

Ok. I'll explain this to you once again. I started this site in 1996 because I didn't see the kind of fan site I would visit around. The main idea was, and still is to this day, "What kind of fan site would I visit?".
The idea isn't, "What kind of fan site do I think everybody else would like?". See, the tiny difference.

Keep that in mind before I continue.

Remember what I just told you? Good. Because the idea of having a forum that is full of people who want to whine day after day about how bad everything is sounds like a forum I wouldn't want to visit.

So, yes. That's why it's about me.
Sorry. Not everything can be about you. Not even half.

Until next time.  Kiss

Jesus Christ.  Its was a joke answer, Mr. Funtime.  Making light of how you always say it to me?  My lord.

You suck the fun and levity out of literally everything here.  Presumably because that's also how you like things? 

I'd counter that your anemic traffic would indicate father doesn't always know best.  Lighten the hell up, for all our sakes.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 02:05:59 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2663 on: December 05, 2014, 02:05:43 PM »

I think this moment is the perfect opportunity to build this site back up to being the alternative for many to MyGNR.  I think it would go along way towards building fan support, and what I mean by that is, I'm sure there are many "guests", more casual fans, that will visit this site and others when news comes out.  If that fan sees mostly negative stuff on MyGNR, many of them will be influenced by that.  But if they come here and see people having robust discussions, and its all people that actually are looking forward to new material, that is a postiive. Even if some of the conversation can sometimes lean towards criticism.  But when a fairly zero tolerance policy towards those conversations, its a difficult order.

100% agreed.  There is an opportunity coming on the horizon.

Yet, just today we did almost an entire page on how people can't wait for the album to come out to stick it in the face of the non-believers.  Is that going to make the place seem super welcome?  That whole conversation read like every stereotype I heard about this place before I actually started posting here.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2664 on: December 05, 2014, 02:09:04 PM »

That's the thing, most of those people are not interested in discussions. They just want to keep the digital diarrhea going. If you're interested in discussions, you should be able to handle one. Yet I don't see many of being able to. They claim they are looking for answers, yet when answers are presented, those answers and the posters supplying them are ridiculed.

It's pretty simple. If you can't stand up for what you type, think again. Too many times I see people resort to insults when challenged about their words or so called honest opinions.

Jesus Christ.  Its was a joke answer, Mr. Funtime.  Making light of how you always say it to me?  My lord.

You suck the fun and levity out of literally everything here.  Presumably because that's also how you like things? 

I'd counter that your anemic traffic would indicate father doesn't always know best.  Lighten the hell up, for all our sakes.

Yes yes, it's a joke because that's convenient. I thought you were interested in discussions? No? Only jokes now? I get it, when you got nothing to say... here comes the stand up comedian.

I'm not the one's who's frustrated. Remember? So, thanks for the advice. But maybe you should take your own advice and stop thinking you're the center of the universe.
Anyway, don't worry. It's very hard not to laugh at your posts.... Or to take you seriously. ok Cheesy

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 02:14:10 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2665 on: December 05, 2014, 02:14:20 PM »

That's the thing, most of those people are not interested in discussions.

So when the album comes out, you don't think people are going to want to talk about it constructively?  No one at all, except the...what, 20 or so regular posters you have here?  They are the only ones in the world?

14 Yrs Of Silence is spot on.  When the album comes out, people are going to want to talk about it.  Good luck trying to have a serious conversation over at MYGNR.  It will be a bunch of ridicule and parody.  Those people still interested in the band and wanting to talk about the new album they just got will need an outlet.  This place is that outlet.

And all you do is hold up a pissy KEEP OUT sign.  Good plan. 

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2666 on: December 05, 2014, 02:15:02 PM »

But I think its time to turn a corner on the postive vs. negative fan base thing.  I'd like to see more discussion around what we'd like to hear, how we'd like to see it marketed, bands we'd like them to tour with, Ron/No Ron, Duff's role, etc.  

I thought Ron's status was one of the bigger stories that happened this past year, but no one ever wants to really talk about it.

I think its a huge, huge deal if he's truly gone.  He is a very important cog of the live show.

I try to subtly bring it up all the time...it never goes anywhere...

Very frustrating to me

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2667 on: December 05, 2014, 02:15:53 PM »

There's a lot of irony here in how those complaining about people being negative are acting negative in their responses  Wink

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2668 on: December 05, 2014, 02:16:10 PM »

And all you do is hold up a pissy KEEP OUT sign.  Good plan. 

Funny joke!

Support GN'R? -> Welcome
Whine, whine, whine? -> Not the place for you.

Once again, the topic has turned off topic..... 

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2669 on: December 05, 2014, 02:16:35 PM »

Back on topic...

Do you think the picture in the studio (from the tweet) has any relation to the theme/title of the next album?

Something paranormal related maybe?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2670 on: December 05, 2014, 02:17:43 PM »

I thought Ron's status was one of the bigger stories that happened this past year, but no one ever wants to really talk about it.

I think its a huge, huge deal if he's truly gone.  He is a very important cog of the live show.

Very frustrating to me

Bring it up, but mix in something you aren't thrilled with.  At least half of your post will be guaranteed to be quoted.  

Perhaps you'll get lucky and they will quote the whole thing.  That could be your opening.

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2671 on: December 05, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »

Back on topic...

Do you think the picture in the studio (from the tweet) has any relation to the theme/title of the next album?

That would cool. Hadn't considered that.  "Ghost of Pride"

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2672 on: December 05, 2014, 02:18:42 PM »

Back on topic...

Or maybe there's a Ghostbusters remake in the making with Chris doing the theme song? Wink

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2673 on: December 05, 2014, 02:19:39 PM »

I thought that pic would have made a cool album cover.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2674 on: December 05, 2014, 02:23:47 PM »

Very frustrating to me

Bring it up, but mix in something you aren't thrilled with.  At least half of your post will be guaranteed to be quoted.  

Perhaps you'll get lucky and they will quote the whole thing.  That could be your opening.

Like nobody cares if the lead guitar player is in the band or not....

But lets hide it under the rug because it will shed a negative light on the operation and we cant have that. Or the more likely reason is really nobody gives a shit who plays guitar with Axl.

As far as the people who would say SEE I TOLD YOU IT WOULD COME OUT!..... I can only laugh...

There is a BIG difference between somebody saying that it will never come out ( nobody who posts here)  and questioning what was the wait for... I know... both are preposterous...

It seems like we are as close to a new album as we have been at any time... cheers to that. I know we ALL will very be excited to see it come to fruition.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2675 on: December 05, 2014, 02:24:39 PM »

Back on topic...

Or maybe there's a Ghostbusters remake in the making with Chris doing the theme song? Wink

/jarmo

Well they are making a new Ghostbusters movie....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2676 on: December 05, 2014, 02:27:21 PM »

It seems like we are as close to a new album as we have been at any time... cheers to that. I know we ALL will very be excited to see it come to fruition.

Give us something new to talk about, if nothing else.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2677 on: December 05, 2014, 02:32:28 PM »

Like nobody cares if the lead guitar player is in the band or not....

#1: Nobody knows.
#2: It's not necessarily a topic for this topic.
#3: It's been speculated on since I don't remember when already.
#4: Nothing new has been revealed in regards to your topic.

Well they are making a new Ghostbusters movie....

Haha! I forgot about that one.

/jarmo

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2678 on: December 05, 2014, 02:33:55 PM »

Just a general wondering...

Back in the day when albums sold really well, there were certain times of the year which was considered "the best time" to release it.

Does this still apply today? As I'm not that aware of the marketing/sales situation of albums these days.. I know that a November/December release would gain a lot of sales for the christmas season, and as far as I know, the "big albums" got released in the fall.

If this is not the case anymore, would it be out of the question for GN'R to release the album in Q1 of 2015? I'm just asking because I would rather have the album sooner than later (if they're already finishing up as we speak, that is)... :p

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2679 on: December 05, 2014, 02:35:37 PM »

I think it still applies. The things that changed are the volumes sold and formats.
You still have the holiday season which as you pointed out is important.

Things like competition is probably more important now. I mean, if you can pick a week with no competition, it's easier to have a high charting album....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: