Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:11:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  FUCKIN' HELP DESKS! ARRGHGHHGHG!@!@!$#q$ (Sorry, I gotta rant!)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FUCKIN' HELP DESKS! ARRGHGHHGHG!@!@!$#q$ (Sorry, I gotta rant!)  (Read 1209 times)
HamsterDemocracy
« on: October 04, 2006, 03:18:10 AM »

IPowerWeb.com has the absolute WORST help desk EVER.

Get this. My website is set to expire Sep-7. They don't send me ANY e-mails ahead of time to tell me. I just coincidentally happened to think, "Hmm, better check how long my website is still good for," and did a WHOIS search, and realized, "Shit, it expires in a week." They never even gave me a heads up.

So I contact them to tell them to renew it. They correspond like five times with bullshit telling me to verify my account. I give them my password/etc. They say they need a credit card number. I give it to them. They say no, they need my OLD credit card that I used LAST TIME to verify. So I send that. Then I give them the NEW card and tell them to renew the domain. They tell me I have to do that myself by updating billing info. They send me an e-mail with the link to the page I need to go to, and tell me "Here's your customer code to enter:"

And it's blank. So I contact them again and say, "Hey, the customer code was blank." They tell me I need to verify who I am again! So I give them the credit card number. No, they need the NEW one this time! Fuckin' A! So then after I finally get my customer code, I update billing info. They send me an e-mail the next day with a receipt attached.

The site's good. Then the next day it's gone. Totally unresponding. I can't access my e-mail either.

So I use my Gmail again to contact them and tell them what's happening. They don't respond.

I go to their website and contact live chat. I ask them what's going on. They say "Sorry I can't help you need to contact the Abuse Department."

I ask them what the Abuse Department is and they say "Sorry I can't help you any further with this." They're fuckin' robots.

I contact Abuse and guess what? WRONG FUCKIN' DEPARTMENT! Instead of forwarding my message they reply a DAY later and say, "Sorry, you need to contact our billing department."

I contact billing. They come back and say - DING DING DING! - they need verification first of who I am. Oh by the way it took them two fucking days to respond even though it's supposed to be in under 24 hours.

Now I found out today they charged me twice for domain renewal - I have two $100 dollar charges on my card!

FUCK YOU IPOWERWEB!

If anyone is thinking of buying a domain name do not do business with this company.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: