Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:17:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Smoke's no joke for Tom and Jerry
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smoke's no joke for Tom and Jerry  (Read 3784 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2006, 05:36:42 PM »

Not me Drew! I only very rarely smoke socially. Last time was a year and a half ago in Amsterdam! hihi

Well being that you were in Amsterdam completely gives you a pass. Grin  Wink

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2006, 08:59:24 PM »

I hope they don't edit it here in the U.S..

Boomerang is a Cartoon Network channel, and there are FAR worse things on Cartoon Network.  I can't believe they are gonna censor that.  And back in those days, kids didn't kill each other like they do now.  The cartoon's on back then?  Tom and Jerry, the WB cartoons etc....

Some people just need a job or something to pre-occupy their time, it's obvious that the people complaining are the ones who stay at home all day and overanalyze everything!  rant
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2006, 09:15:40 PM »

rofl what an idiots....what's next repainting all the portaits that were ever made of churchill? hihi? smoking
johngnr
Opening Act

Here today...

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 04:11:23 PM »

? This is similar to comunist censorship...

what communism, a way of thinking your economy, has to do with the issue ? some people need to go read the definition of communism, facism, dictatorship, capitalism ....

Read my post again and stop being an arrogant twat that thinks he's smarter than he actually is. In countries like North Korea, Cuba or China, or years ago, on the Eastern side of the Iron Courtain, movies and TV programs are/were censored, also so no "bad infuences" touch the people.

? ?I've lived under comunism, my friend, so let me tell you you don't know shit.

communism is an economic theory.....

.....with long reaching social effects ie. the loss of consumer choice.

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Dizzy, Matt, Gilby, Tommy, Brain, Chris, Paul, Buckethead, Robin, Richard, Bumblefoot.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 04:59:17 PM »

They edited the cover of Abbey Road to remove the cigarette from Paul's hand on a bunch of copies. I think it's on Snopes.com

It's really sad, to be honest. It shows how far we have come when we have to rely upon cartoons about cats and mice to gather what is wrong and right.

Oh, don't show him smoking! That's evil!

Next they're going to say The Three Stooges promotes violence. Oh, wait, they already did.

Fuckin' idiots.

"Hello, operator? I want to be connected with ABC Family headquarters. I'm pissed! My son was just watching Tom and Jerry, and it showed...it showed...something too horrible for words... it showed... a CIGARETTE! Oh god in heaven blind me to save the filth from invading my eyes!"

If you're going to shelter your kids that much, you're a fucking idiot and deserve to be shot. Just wait till they get into high school. I can see it now:

- "Hey man, want a cigarette?"
- "Naw, dude. Tom and Jerry never smoked, so I really shouldn't, either."

Or, on the other hand:

- "Hey man, want a cigarette?"
- "Yeah, sure! Tom and Jerry did it, so why can't I?!"

Either way Tom and Jerry isn't going to factor into this temptation, and no kid being offered a cigaratte is ever going to base his decision on a cartoon show he watched as a six-year-old about a cat trying to eat a mouse.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: