Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:48:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 121287 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1080 on: March 09, 2006, 08:54:42 PM »

"Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does..
Give EXAMPLES! Dont post such a bold statement without examples.
Axl's attorney points out that "Hudson and McKagan have told ever changing - and false - stories regarding the formation of the band and it?s history."
We need examples. You haven't shown any "pudding", all you've shown is a pile of bullshit rants and the opinion of an attorney.

Those are quotes from Axl and his attorney. Apparently axl knows more than we do.
Yes, KV, I know that. BUT, if Slash is lying to "everyone and anyone", there should be a shitload of examples. I think Axl is barking up the wrong tree on this. The only examples I can think of is when Duff said Axl didnt write anything on AFD. I actually lost respect for Duff over that comment. And another example would be Adler's insults, but no one really takes him seriously.

I don't want to start a Slash is a liar subthread here. Axl apparently has some dirt on the guy; knows that his words betray his actions. Perhaps someday Axl will explain these comments. I really have no idea about their veracity but I am open to hearing the details of Axl's side.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Bono
« Reply #1081 on: March 09, 2006, 09:03:54 PM »

Axl is a Lier. Slash is a Lier. Both tell their version of stories to make the other look bad and to build themselves up. Why can't you guys see that. Nobody is right. And saying nobody is wrong doesn't fit. They're all wrong. They went about it like little kids right from the start and they continue to play the same old bullshit over and over again.  It's tired.
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #1082 on: March 09, 2006, 09:07:19 PM »

You think Axl has to have a legitimate reason for calling Slash a liar? You REALLY think so? You really don't think it's possible that Axl is just so wacked out of his mind that he's throwing shit against the wall and hoping it sticks?

We're talking about a guy who flipped out and dove into the crowd because he saw someone with a camera, thus cancelling his show and pissing off thousands of fans. We're talking about a guy who cancelled a 2002 world tour because one night out of the blue he just decided to stay in New York to watch a basketball game in his hotel room instead of going on to the next show.

NEWSFLASH...Axl doesn't need a logical reason for the things he does!!!!
Elrothiel
« Reply #1083 on: March 09, 2006, 09:16:01 PM »

I think Axl meant the media. "Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone [IN THE MEDIA]."

Well.. that's what we know anyway. In my old Kerrang mags... ugh, there are some interviews with Slash where he's said things like "I've tried to talk to Axl, but he doesn't want to know" (not exactly word for word, that's just the gist of what he was saying) where its just so obvious that he's being defensive, and is lying to protect his own credibility... which is none except for his talents as a guitarist. Of course I don't know whether Slash has lied to non-media people, because I don't know him, but that's my attempt at deciphering what's goin' on in that man's afro-ed head.

Its understandable that he's suing Axl. He thinks he's right, and he thinks he deserves more than what he's getting. Everyone who argues thinks they're right, and want to make their opponent admit it!

But as always, only one person can be right. And in this case, its Axl. Quoting Eva Gn'RAxlRosette... Give 'em hell Axl!! ok

PS: ZRO.... that "fan" with the camera was a member of a gang of people bullying fans at the front, ripping the piss out of Axl, and sorry, but that's out of order. No one should do that! And if I had been in Axl's position in a situation like that, I would have done the same thing. That "fan" deserved a wallop.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1084 on: March 09, 2006, 10:40:00 PM »

Well.. that's what we know anyway. In my old Kerrang mags... ugh, there are some interviews with Slash where he's said things like "I've tried to talk to Axl, but he doesn't want to know" (not exactly word for word, that's just the gist of what he was saying) where its just so obvious that he's being defensive, and is lying to protect his own credibility...

Expound on this...Where is the lie and how do you know its a lie?

Its amazing that Slash apparently does nothing but lie, but the ones making the allegations always fail to give examples.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1085 on: March 09, 2006, 11:11:41 PM »

Well.. that's what we know anyway. In my old Kerrang mags... ugh, there are some interviews with Slash where he's said things like "I've tried to talk to Axl, but he doesn't want to know" (not exactly word for word, that's just the gist of what he was saying) where its just so obvious that he's being defensive, and is lying to protect his own credibility...

Expound on this...Where is the lie and how do you know its a lie?

Its amazing that Slash apparently does nothing but lie, but the ones making the allegations always fail to give examples.

Slash, even in Behind the Music, would always compliment Axl.  He would be honest about his feelings for him at times, but always said good true things about him as a musician.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #1086 on: March 09, 2006, 11:23:16 PM »

Sometimes i wonder if Axl really wants his record released, and maybe subconcouisly hopes Slash & Duff will try to sue his pants off for more fraud or slander and maybe for the GNR name so he can be tied up. I mean, hes about to go tour yet again and the record date still isnt out!! Why the hell isnt it finished??
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1087 on: March 09, 2006, 11:29:03 PM »

Sometimes i wonder if Axl really wants his record released, and maybe subconcouisly hopes Slash & Duff will try to sue his pants off for more fraud or slander and maybe for the GNR name so he can be tied up. I mean, hes about to go tour yet again and the record date still isnt out!! Why the hell isnt it finished??

Hold off judgement until the tour starts. Hopefully something happens or is announced before then.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1088 on: March 09, 2006, 11:29:31 PM »

Jabba, i agree.  With so much positive, why sue?  Why now?
lianne
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1089 on: March 10, 2006, 02:06:01 AM »

Jabba, i agree.  With so much positive, why sue?  Why now?
Axl lost his marbels long ago. He is out of touch like other pre-madonnas. Have you noticed that some main stream mags have picked up the story and have left the part out when Slash turns up at Axls in the earily hours of the morning? Thats because it is all bull, I am sure it is either made up by Axl or someone tacked it on to get the coverage for the story.

Whatever is going on, it is more bad press for Axl, most people outside the odd few members on this board hate him already, this school yard behavior is probs the final nail!!!
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #1090 on: March 10, 2006, 02:38:32 AM »

He is out of touch like other pre-madonnas.

I don't think he's a prima donna. He seems like a down-to-earth person.

Have you noticed that some main stream mags have picked up the story and have left the part out when Slash turns up at Axls in the earily hours of the morning?

Maybe the magazines left out that section, because it was planted in there by some other person. Whoever sent the article to HTGTH may know more about it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1091 on: March 10, 2006, 03:00:27 AM »

Still nothing was sure something would have happened while away with work..

Bottom line is they both lie like rugs... It's funny reading how people are trying to say one doesn't or the other does.. hihi

The only thing I don't know for sure is if it happened.. Otherwise I know slash or axl can lie...

As far as publicity I don't think so, nobody gives a fuck about this fight besides us.. Not like someone came into work the other dayand said mike I know you love gnr or velvet revolver I read some fucking weird story..  The vmas I heard about, this no
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1092 on: March 10, 2006, 03:03:43 AM »

I have an issue of a guitar mag where Slash said that it wasnt just Axl that went on late, that it was something they all did cause none of them had a "Show must go on mentality" and Slash said that sometimes it took time for him to get his mind right.

fast forward it to new interviews and the delays were all Axl's fault.

So that is a Slash lie.

Slash also took a personal shot in the same mag when talkin bout Scott Weiland.

He said Scott had an amazing work ethic and his only problem was the drug thing.

he said the other singer is just "irretrievably fucked up and chemical free"

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1093 on: March 10, 2006, 03:10:50 AM »

I have an issue of a guitar mag where Slash said that it wasnt just Axl that went on late, that it was something they all did cause none of them had a "Show must go on mentality" and Slash said that sometimes it took time for him to get his mind right.

fast forward it to new interviews and the delays were all Axl's fault.
They were all fucked up back then. Of course they didn't have a "show must go on" mentality. But when you look at the no shows, late starts, riots,etc., we know who was responsible for that. So technically, Slash did not lie.
He said Scott had an amazing work ethic and his only problem was the drug thing.

he said the other singer is just "irretrievably fucked up and chemical free"
Doesn't sound like a lie to me. ok

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1094 on: March 10, 2006, 03:16:07 AM »

it's kind of like the btm where everyone was said to have drug issues or booze issues then they get to axl's wide eyed verison of reality

Simply meaning everyone was fucking abusing something so that is why they did stupid shit, then on the other hand you have someone who is clean/sober that is just so out there.. So eveen without drugs or alcohol axl was fucked up..

Everyopne takes every written n spoken word like the bible, this is what happens when a band basically falls apart in the 90's and you are still waiting for music in 06.. Back from 87-93 I really didn't care anbout what people said, I just cared that gnr was playing music and touring.. Not until years later did I really even focus on the he said she said BS

I know axl was supposed to play a show after paris 92 but was so wasted he missed the show in england... They claimed "exhaustion" but he was drowing his sorrowes about stephanie...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1095 on: March 10, 2006, 03:19:55 AM »

The last one was an example of Slash ragging Axl in public and takin a shot at him.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1096 on: March 10, 2006, 03:21:49 AM »

The last one was an example of Slash ragging Axl in public and takin a shot at him.

but it's true.. It may not be a tastefull thing but it's just might be how he says how one is a druggie the opther sober yet still fucking out there.... "SINGERS" hihi
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1097 on: March 10, 2006, 03:23:19 AM »

I dont think he was "ragging him". It was more like an honest observation.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1098 on: March 10, 2006, 03:26:49 AM »

Yeah but he was tryin to prop Scott up by slaggin on Axl.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1099 on: March 10, 2006, 03:34:51 AM »

Yeah but he was tryin to prop Scott up by slaggin on Axl.

No problem, then he knocked axl, but he didn't lie about him..

But how many interviews have you heard since they toured )especially europe) where they basically made it (interviewer) inot a what is different between scott n axl..?  You always pump up your current singer/friend
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: