Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:24:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  **UPDATED** NEW YORK SHOW(S) TICKET THREAD!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: **UPDATED** NEW YORK SHOW(S) TICKET THREAD!!!!!  (Read 118871 times)
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2006, 03:06:56 PM »

Not that management goes out of their way for the fans but a pre sale password would be nice for thursday 10am thru friday 10am. Would be nice to ensure the die hards that have been supporting the band all these years get first shot Roll Eyes

With a venue as small as the ballroom, i doubt that'll happen.

Good point, but it has been done. The Cult just played the House of Blues in San Diego which I dont think holds more than 500 people. The pre sale pretty much filled the venue. Having a small venue like that filled with people that are truly into the band was electric.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2006, 03:08:17 PM »

We'll probably be lucky to get tickets - never mind specific seats. ?This venue holds 2500 people - I think all seats will be good.

Please keep all of the other "slash" related stuff out of this thread. ?This is for ticket conversation only.

This thread would be a good one for the other stuff

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=28455.0

Wake up. . . .time to die
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2006, 03:08:30 PM »

how sick would it be if slash is on stage

Enjoy the day, but isnt there enough threads already with this topic?

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2006, 03:09:54 PM »

Not that management goes out of their way for the fans but a pre sale password would be nice for thursday 10am thru friday 10am. Would be nice to ensure the die hards that have been supporting the band all these years get first shot Roll Eyes

With a venue as small as the ballroom, i doubt that'll happen.

Good point, but it has been done. The Cult just played the House of Blues in San Diego which I dont think holds more than 500 people. The pre sale pretty much filled the venue. Having a small venue like that filled with people that are truly into the band was electric.
yeah, it could happen.  But I bet gnr will sell out faster than the cult would.  if these went presale they would be gone, unless they only put so many out there.  they'll want to have something (if not everything) to sell on friday.

yes yes yes.  no no no.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2006, 03:10:48 PM »

So maybe we don't partner up - but there has got to be a way of knowing how many people need tickets and who has got extra's...

like i said, i wouldn't worry about extras....in fact we can even all agree to help each other sell extra tickets if anyone has any.  But getting rid of extras will NOT be a problem.

Craigslist
Ebay
HTGTH forum
MyGNR forum

between those 4 you will have an endless amount of demand.

I say just buy as many extras as you feel comfortable buying. 

The WORST case scenario you can sell them face value outside of Hammerstein.  People will want these tix.

Am I the only one who thinks that demand will not be as high as some of you are making it out to be?  The shows are on a Monday and Wednesday night.  In the NYC area college students have final exams and projects.  I know this is true since one of my friends cant go because he has a final on that Monday night.  $63 is a nice price of US FANS, but for anyone else that is a little pricey.  I would be careful everyone.  These tix will not be as in demand as you think. 
dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2006, 03:12:15 PM »

So maybe we don't partner up - but there has got to be a way of knowing how many people need tickets and who has got extra's...

like i said, i wouldn't worry about extras....in fact we can even all agree to help each other sell extra tickets if anyone has any.  But getting rid of extras will NOT be a problem.

Craigslist
Ebay
HTGTH forum
MyGNR forum

The WORST case scenario you can sell them face value outside of Hammerstein.  People will want these tix.

Am I the only one who thinks that demand will not be as high as some of you are making it out to be?  The shows are on a Monday and Wednesday night.  In the NYC area college students have final exams and projects.  I know this is true since one of my friends cant go because he has a final on that Monday night.  $63 is a nice price of US FANS, but for anyone else that is a little pricey.  I would be careful everyone.  These tix will not be as in demand as you think. 
They'll be gone in less than 30 minutes.

yes yes yes.  no no no.
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2006, 03:13:22 PM »

like i said, i wouldn't worry about extras....in fact we can even all agree to help each other sell extra tickets if anyone has any.? But getting rid of extras will NOT be a problem.

Craigslist
Ebay
HTGTH forum
MyGNR forum

I say just buy as many extras as you feel comfortable buying.?

The WORST case scenario you can sell them face value outside of Hammerstein.? People will want these tix.

Am I the only one who thinks that demand will not be as high as some of you are making it out to be?? The shows are on a Monday and Wednesday night.? In the NYC area college students have final exams and projects.? I know this is true since one of my friends cant go because he has a final on that Monday night.? $63 is a nice price of US FANS, but for anyone else that is a little pricey.? I would be careful everyone.? These tix will not be as in demand as you think.?

easily...

now you know me better
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2006, 03:14:34 PM »

Craigslist
Ebay
HTGTH forum
MyGNR forum

Dude I agree.  Scalpers will pick them up and all you crackheads who are going to buy 12 tickets each will grab them.  Then when you turn around and try to sell them they wont be as much demand as you thought and you will have trouble unloading them.  That is my point.  I am just telling everyone to be careful and not fork out $700 for tix and then cry about losing a good chunk of it. 
muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2006, 03:16:00 PM »

for what it's worth...i'd be interested in two tickets from anyone here who might have two extra (i'll try to buy some myself, but we'll see how that goes).

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2006, 03:17:53 PM »

Craigslist
Ebay
HTGTH forum
MyGNR forum

Dude I agree.  Scalpers will pick them up and all you crackheads who are going to buy 12 tickets each will grab them.  Then when you turn around and try to sell them they wont be as much demand as you thought and you will have trouble unloading them.  That is my point.  I am just telling everyone to be careful and not fork out $700 for tix and then cry about losing a good chunk of it. 

I'm sure the usual sellers will get a handful and some people will end up paying out the ass for them.  But hey, that happens with any concert, it all depends on badly you really want to go.  GNR have always been a big draw in NYC and the Hammerstein is one of best smaller venues in the country, so they'll be gone.  I might try to get some, but if not I'm not about to pay 100 bucks or more, that's just crazy.

yes yes yes.  no no no.
illusionone
VIP

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 03:18:17 PM »

like i said, i wouldn't worry about extras....in fact we can even all agree to help each other sell extra tickets if anyone has any.? But getting rid of extras will NOT be a problem.

Craigslist
Ebay
HTGTH forum
MyGNR forum

The WORST case scenario you can sell them face value outside of Hammerstein.? People will want these tix.

Am I the only one who thinks that demand will not be as high as some of you are making it out to be?? The shows are on a Monday and Wednesday night.? In the NYC area college students have final exams and projects.? I know this is true since one of my friends cant go because he has a final on that Monday night.? $63 is a nice price of US FANS, but for anyone else that is a little pricey.? I would be careful everyone.? These tix will not be as in demand as you think.?

Dude I agree.? Scalpers will pick them up and all you crackheads who are going to buy 12 tickets each will grab them.? Then when you turn around and try to sell them they wont be as much demand as you thought and you will have trouble unloading them.? That is my point.? I am just telling everyone to be careful and not fork out $700 for tix and then cry about losing a good chunk of it.?

How quick did the MSG sell out in '02? ?We are talking about a venue that only holds 2500 people (not 25,000)!!!

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 03:18:28 PM »

how sick would it be if slash is on stage

Enjoy the day, but isnt there enough threads already with this topic?

The place would be like who's he rofl
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2006, 03:20:06 PM »

Craigslist
Ebay
HTGTH forum
MyGNR forum

How quick did the MSG sell out in '02?  We are talking about a venue that only holds 2500 people (not 25,000)!!!

MSG sold out in 20 minutes!!!!!!!
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2006, 03:20:18 PM »

Craigslist
Ebay
HTGTH forum
MyGNR forum

How quick did the MSG sell out in '02?  We are talking about a venue that only holds 2500 people (not 25,000)!!!

Jesus Christ.... I KNOW IT WILL SELL OUT.  I am just warning all of you who are going to try and get 12 tickets or whatever the max is.  The shows are on a Monday and Wednesday night.  College students have finals.  The demand will NOT be as high as you are expecting.  I think you will have more trouble selling extras than you think.  THAT IS MY POINT. 
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2006, 03:20:41 PM »

Well at least the Yankees are home that week so thats 40,000 people we wont have to worry about fighting for tickets Wink

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2006, 03:21:16 PM »

Craigslist
Ebay
HTGTH forum
MyGNR forum

Not to sound like a dick, but while $63 is a lot for a concert, that is chump change to a fair amount of people in the area....(not me, I am one of the poor people of NYC haha). ?There is so much money in NYC and the surrounding areas its not even funny. ?If you want to re-sell these tix at FACE VALUE you will have ZERO problems finding someone between april 21 and may 15-17. ?Trust me.

As for college kids....they're not the ones with $63 bucks lying around. I'm not banking on NYU students.  I think between people on this site and my friends as well as randoms on craigslist/ebay it won't be a problem.  I mean, people OUTSIDE OF NORTH AMERICA on this site are talking about flying in.  Canadians are talking about coming in....dumping 6 extra tix will NOT BE A PROBLEM.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 03:23:36 PM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2006, 03:21:30 PM »

how about people out of college?

now you know me better
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2006, 03:21:44 PM »

Craigslist
Ebay
HTGTH forum
MyGNR forum

Dude I agree.? Scalpers will pick them up and all you crackheads who are going to buy 12 tickets each will grab them.? Then when you turn around and try to sell them they wont be as much demand as you thought and you will have trouble unloading them.? That is my point.? I am just telling everyone to be careful and not fork out $700 for tix and then cry about losing a good chunk of it.?

How quick did the MSG sell out in '02?? We are talking about a venue that only holds 2500 people (not 25,000)!!!

MSG sold out in 20 minutes!!!!!!!

wasn't it 15 beer
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2006, 03:23:16 PM »

how about people out of college?

you are oh so clever... in fact you are so clever that you didnt even read what I have written repeatedly.  ITS ON A MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT.  Are you going to sit here and tell me that the fact that the shows are on weekdays and not a weekend will not play a role in people's decision to go??
illusionone
VIP

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2006, 03:23:36 PM »

All I know is I want 2 for each night and I'm not confident that I will get them through the website. ?So if I don't I will buy them - If I do, I will sell some :-)

IF GNR plays . . . . ?.they will come

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: